Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Improvisation with vstomp/ifx rack/marshall ir cab and a backing track.

Comments

• Really nice to hear an extended performance to see the range of your expressive skills and how you structure the whole.

Guitar acolytes crave "gear/rig videos" of their hero's equipment.

I'd love to watch an iPad screen video showing how you configure and manipulate one of these iPad
    virtual rigs. Do you reach out and turn FX on and off (or configure a MIDI pedal)? What vStomp Amp is in use? What specific IR file did you invest in. Does a 200 msec (free) IR file produce a less dramatic effect versus the $10 500 msec instance. What's the resource consumption for this particular rig?

Anyway... your music alone gives me inspiration to keep working on my hands and my brain using the tools I have at hand. Maybe start learning to produce those pinch harmonics for example... such an effective free effect that works on every guitar at every price point :)

• Don't let this roll off the front page with some more views and comments.

• Great playing @flo26 , but frankly I don’t like the guitar sound very much. It’s very digital.
    But... I wish I could play like you.

• Nice playing, very melodic.

• @Faland said:
    Great playing @flo26

Something tells me he's been working at it for a long time.

• @flo25 Guitar sing. Remind Uno of Mark Knopfler.

• @Faland said:
    Great playing @flo26 , but frankly I don’t like the guitar sound very much. It’s very digital.

I can understand what you mean.It often happens with hi gain on ios.
    Thanks for compliments!
    Flo

• @UnoWoo said
    @flo25 Guitar sing. Remind Uno of Mark knopfler.

It’s funny because when i read your comment,i was playing on mark knopfler’s brother in arms😉.
    Thanks a lot to you and you all!
    Flo

• Excellent as usual! Keep them coming!

• Can you describe which iFX Rack effects you are using here?

• @McD said:
    Can you describe which iFX Rack effects you are using here?

Sure!
    I use amp combo as an overdrive or distortion pedal.
    I also use distortit and preamp depending on my needs.
    A little bit of reverb i think,and that’s all.
    Cheers!

• @flo26 said:

@McD said:

Sure!
    Cheers!

Thanks for the "rig" specifics. I bough the Amp Sim pedal @richardyot recommended and he was right on the money. For $40 I don't anything that makes my guitar sound so good on an iPad (I use the iRig HD or Presonus audio interfaces). Nothing in IOS seems to get close to the "Fender" tone of the Joyo JF-14 pedal.

I'm I'm intrigued to sample the Marshall, Mesa Boogie and Vox versions just to better understand the tones of the quality amps that defined Rock and Roll.

If the Fender on Tone Stack is a thin "recording" of the Joyo then maybe these other $40 pedals would be nice to collect and learn from for $160 for the whole set. I paid close to that for the FabFilter bundle since I
    took the Q2 to Q3 upgrade path.

Please consider making a Virtual Guitar Rig demo for IOS guitarists and (soon to be) IOS Guitarists that find your work.

• @McD said:

@flo26 said:

@McD said:

Sure!
    Cheers!

Thanks for the "rig" specifics. I bough the Amp Sim pedal @richardyot recommended and he was right on the money. For $40 I don't anything that makes my guitar sound so good on an iPad (I use the iRig HD or Presonus audio interfaces). Nothing in IOS seems to get close to the "Fender" tone of the Joyo JF-14 pedal.

I'm I'm intrigued to sample the Marshall, Mesa Boogie and Vox versions just to better understand the tones of the quality amps that defined Rock and Roll.

If the Fender on Tone Stack is a thin "recording" of the Joyo then maybe these other $40 pedals would be nice to collect and learn from for $160 for the whole set. I paid close to that for the FabFilter bundle since I
    took the Q2 to Q3 upgrade path.

Please consider making a Virtual Guitar Rig demo for IOS guitarists and (soon to be) IOS Guitarists that find your work.

What do you mean by virtual rig?

• There are real pedal boards or course and then there are "Virtual Rigs" as configured in AUM or any AUv3 capable DAW.

Guitarists will want to know which apps to buy and what order to place them in and how to set the knobs and all the same questions that are addressed in a million youtube hardware videos but not touched w.r.t. IOS headphone guitar playing.

I know hardware is better... I get that but there are many that would love a good experience for under $100 on an iPhone they already own. I picked up the original iRig adapter for $10 on amazon. So, another round of careful app purchases and I'd be there with some headphones with a reasonable practice "v-rig".

There's an untapped audience that just needs a demo and some recommended apps.

• edited September 2019

@McD said:
    There are real pedal boards or course and then there are "Virtual Rigs" as configured in AUM or any AUv3 capable DAW.

Guitarists will want to know which apps to buy and what order to place them in and how to set the knobs and all the same questions that are addressed in a million youtube hardware videos but not touched w.r.t. IOS headphone guitar playing.

I know hardware is better... I get that but there are many that would love a good experience for under $100 on an iPhone they already own. I picked up the original iRig adapter for $10 on amazon. So, another round of careful app purchases and I'd be there with some headphones with a reasonable practice "v-rig".

There's an untapped audience that just needs a demo and some recommended apps.

It will happen for sure!
    Before this,an other demo of an other amp sim app.One i had almost forgotten but that sounds really good.
    I’ve named OVERLOUD!

• McDMcD
    edited September 2019

@flo26 said:
    It will happen for sure.

Great. I got a lot of value watching your demo of Magic Death Eye by seeing your knob settings.

There are many great videos on your YouTube channel.

• Why do I feel like @GospelMusicians are about to release the latest overloud amp sim?

• Nice one! Very much reminds me of Satriani. Personally I like the tone. I think you nailed it. Great playing too, of course!

• @audiobussy said:
    @flo26 Auria?

Yes,overloud from auria.

@audiobussy said:
    Why do I feel like @GospelMusicians are about to release the latest overloud amp sim?

I have the same feeling as you.

@wim said:
    Nice one! Very much reminds me of Satriani. Personally I like the tone. I think you nailed it. Great playing too, of course!

Thanks so much!
    In fact,it was more a tribute to steve vai,but hey,isn’t it a little bit the same😉?

• I like this sound! 👍👍

• @Lycaan said:
    I like this sound! 👍👍

Thanks a lot!
    Flo

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@flo26 said:

@wim said:
    Nice one! Very much reminds me of Satriani. Personally I like the tone. I think you nailed it. Great playing too, of course!

Thanks so much!
    In fact,it was more a tribute to steve vai,but hey,isn’t it a little bit the same😉?

He came to mind too. 👏