Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Name your favorite 'noise making' app and why

By 'noise making' I mean an app that sits outside the bounds of a traditional drum machine sampler or synth that has a unique and often unrepeatable aspect to it. Or just something that doesn't have all the bells and whistles but you keep coming back to...

"Bonus points*" for being esoteric or less known.

I'll go first:

BeepBoop
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beepboop/id822205903

Audiobus compatible but, no midi and no presets, no arp - strictly barebones . I still haven't discovered quite how all the knobs interact with each other, but I love the sounds it makes. Warm and yet somewhat digital. Crank up the feedback and delay and lets get a drone on.

Not to take someone else's but my two runner ups are DROM and NoiseMusick…
(I won't say why. I'm leaving that to someone else if they so wish)

*bonus points have no cash value and are not good with any other offer other than a 'good on ya' and virtual star

Comments