Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Peter Vogel CMI (Fairlight) gets nice AB midi

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

Peter Vogel CMI Pro by Peter Vogel Instruments Pty Ltd

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/peter-vogel-cmi-pro/id427747876

Comments

• Even an appaholic like me hasn’t forked out the $70 CDN for this. How is it?

• @gusgranite said:
    Even an appaholic like me hasn’t forked out the $70 CDN for this. How is it?

It has all the factory sounds of the CMI IIx and III on board, so that is cool if you were alive in the 80s. On the other hand, if you were alive back then, you’d have heard all of these sounds a billion times. Seriously, stock M1 sounds positively fresh by comparison.

You can sample with it and it has the famous Page R sequencer so you can record as well.

I said can, not should. The whole app is a carbon copy of what you’d get in 1985. Extremely limited and unintuitive.

So, if you, like me, lusted after one of these unobtainable machines the app is neat - for 5 bucks. For the asking price, you’d have to be basing your PhD thesis around it, otherwise hard pass.

• edited September 2019

Looks to be the main difference between the standard and Pro IAP is the ‘page R’ sequencer functionality. For $10 US, you could score a nice universal retro sound module with all the same AB midi goodness.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/peter-vogel-cmi/id420212505

• @Zetagy said:
    Looks to be the main difference between the standard and Pro IAP is the ‘page R’ sequencer functionality. For $10 US, you could score a nice universal retro sound module with all the same AB midi goodness.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/peter-vogel-cmi/id420212505

Pro upgrade also adds sampling, sample import and Series III sounds. Oh, and waveform drawing.

• I’m actually really tempted just for the curiosity value. I bet @JohnnyGoodyear has it as well. 😆

• edited September 2019

@gusgranite said:
    I’m actually really tempted just for the curiosity value. I bet @JohnnyGoodyear has it as well. 😆

I do not. I am on the same page as that bastard from Philadelphia whose previous comment inoculated me fiercely from spending all of my son's meagre remaining inheritance etc. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:
    I’m actually really tempted just for the curiosity value. I bet @JohnnyGoodyear has it as well. 😆

I do not. I am on the same page as that bastard from Philadelphia whose previous comment inoculated me fiercely from spending all of my son's meagre remaining inheritance etc. :)

An app we don’t have! There’s hope for us yet...

• ...that bastard from Philadelphia...

🙀

• I look forward to dusting this one down and digging in. It’s been a while 🙂

• What a sequencer. Love the Pro Version.