Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2 by Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH is on sale right now

Down from $49.99 to 23.99

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id583976519

Description
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.

Key features
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support

"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
— MusicTech.net

"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
— askaudiomag.com

Technical support
http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum

Polyphony:
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro

*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit MIDI and Files app require iOS 11 or higher.

Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.

Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter

Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
http://www.steinberg.net/eula

Comments

• Oh I wonder if a update is coming that usually happens after a sale.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Oh I wonder if a update is coming that usually happens after a sale.

Would not ber surprised at all. Maybe it will even come with a 'Ready for iPadOS' tag on it!?
    But then again this time around I'd expect a few new IAPs for added functionality...

Bring on the Sampler Track from Desktop Cubase, Busses & Groups, Re-ordering of the effects, Folder support in Media Bay and as an added iPadOS only feature 'Add User Folders' (ie. direct access to SMB servers etc. from the media bay).

I guess we'll hear more when an update is near...

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Would not ber surprised at all. Maybe it will even come with a 'Ready for iPadOS' tag on it!?
    But then again this time around I'd expect a few new IAPs for added functionality...

Bring on the Sampler Track from Desktop Cubase, Busses & Groups, Re-ordering of the effects, Folder support in Media Bay and as an added iPadOS only feature 'Add User Folders' (ie. direct access to SMB servers etc. from the media bay).

I think there might be few implementation for 2.9 since 3.0 would be the next big update they might want to hold off features for that.or maybe the might just go full 3.0 and skip 2.9.
    The next maggior update will have a revamp of files management and Also the way Undo is handled will change( according to Lars)

• If you are a noob looking for a great, intuitive, manageable DAW, this is the one, IMO. 130 tracks and no complaints (except previously using an underpowered iPad with it. Slooow!)

• Hoping for a nice update 🤞🏼

• Well I'm a noob (ish) with Cubasis and have just done my 1st 'song' (rather than just 4/8 bar loops). Overall a very positive experience after migrating from 7 years with Caustic on Android.

Just a few things though:

Really hoping for an update to support folders. IMO it desperately needs them.

My 1st song is only about 4 mins long but when I create a mixdown (WAV or FLAC) it renders to about 19 mins! I appreciate that this might be an AU not behaving itself. I used Zeeon, Ruismaker, Factory, Viking, ToneBoosters Reverb, Blackhole, Perforator and prob a few others. I selected "include effect tail" and I know that Blackhole has some massive reverbs but not 15 mins!!

Also there's some vocal samples that I just drag and drop into the time line but the timing is way off: the sample plays a good second or two later than it should. I end up having to move them forward to before where they should. These are all samples that I've properly trimmed in Audacity so there's no 'dead air' at the start.

The strange thing is that if I run it through Perforator gate thingy the samples play fine....

Anyway that aside, a great DAW!!

• @LinearLineman said:
    If you are a noob looking for a great, intuitive, manageable DAW, this is the one, IMO. 130 tracks and no complaints (except previously using an underpowered iPad with it. Slooow!)

Any good on an Air2?

I’ve got Auria, but don’t do any proper DAW stuff on the iPad, but most folk on here seem to use Cubasis, so I’m wondering if I’m missing a trick....

• @MonzoPro, I think it would be fine. When I was using an iPad4 it worked fine, just slow. I am sure I have read the Air2 is a good un.

• @Jumpercollins said:

Seems the app has been on sale on numorous ocasions..

• Because they continue to update the app and offer sales! Great support from great devs!❤️🙏☝️

@Bachus said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Seems the app has been on sale on numorous ocasions..

• edited September 2019

@FPC said:
    Well I'm a noob (ish) with Cubasis and have just done my 1st 'song' (rather than just 4/8 bar loops). Overall a very positive experience after migrating from 7 years with Caustic on Android.

My 1st song is only about 4 mins long but when I create a mixdown (WAV or FLAC) it renders to about 19 mins! I appreciate that this might be an AU not behaving itself. I used Zeeon, Ruismaker, Factory, Viking, ToneBoosters Reverb, Blackhole, Perforator and prob a few others. I selected "include effect tail" and I know that Blackhole has some massive reverbs but not 15 mins!!

Also there's some vocal samples that I just drag and drop into the time line but the timing is way off: the sample plays a good second or two later than it should. I end up having to move them forward to before where they should. These are all samples that I've properly trimmed in Audacity so there's no 'dead air' at the start.

The strange thing is that if I run it through Perforator gate thingy the samples play fine....

Mixdown is a known issue. Use mixdown between locators and set locators instead before mixing down. Do not include effect trail. Default mixdown was working fine before until they broke it last year and now we have to use locators until they resolve it. I created a thread on Steinberg forums about it.

For audio clip playback issue, try setting their tempo from their editor mode and auto stretch to on.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @MonzoPro, I think it would be fine. When I was using an iPad4 it worked fine, just slow. I am sure I have read the Air2 is a good un.

Thanks, I'll have to check the vids. Seems a popular DAW choice, and the sale price is good...

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

to me the most important one is: make sync reliable ;)

• @MonzoPro said:

@LinearLineman said:
    If you are a noob looking for a great, intuitive, manageable DAW, this is the one, IMO. 130 tracks and no complaints (except previously using an underpowered iPad with it. Slooow!)

Any good on an Air2?

I’ve got Auria, but don’t do any proper DAW stuff on the iPad, but most folk on here seem to use Cubasis, so I’m wondering if I’m missing a trick....

I was thinking the same thing. Auria pro has all the right features but is quite klunky and a bit slow on an air 2.

I’m not 100% sure if I’m allowed to buy cubasis though, I’m sure the EULA for Emagic notator Logic 1.1 forbade me from purchasing or using any Steinberg product. Ever.

• @MonzoPro, you con ask @LFS directly about how the Air2 will function.

• Air 2 is good with Cubasis.

@LinearLineman said:
    If you are a noob looking for a great, intuitive, manageable DAW, this is the one, IMO. 130 tracks and no complaints (except previously using an underpowered iPad with it. @LinearLineman : More so than NS2? (Whenever it gets audio tracks, that is)..

• @Telstar5, sorry, my experience is solely with CB as I prefer an old school analog workflow. NS2 sounds great, but as you say, no audio. I think at less than $25 it is worth a try to see if it is right for someone who is just starting. Sophisticated, but easy.

• @klownshed said:

@MonzoPro said:

@LinearLineman said:

Any good on an Air2?

I was thinking the same thing. Auria pro has all the right features but is quite klunky and a bit slow on an air 2.

I’m not 100% sure if I’m allowed to buy cubasis though, I’m sure the EULA for Emagic notator Logic 1.1 forbade me from purchasing or using any Steinberg product. Ever.

@LinearLineman said:
    @MonzoPro, you con ask @LFS directly about how the Air2 will function.

@wim said:
    Air 2 is good with Cubasis.

Cheers guys, I’ll swot up via YouTube tonight.

I like Auria, but it’s a bit of a resource hog, and a bit clunky in places. The audio editing is good, but I just seem to have drifted away from using it. In fact I don’t do any DAW stuff on the iPad at all these days. Maybe it’s me, rather than the DAWs.

• @MobileMusic said:

@FPC said:
    Well I'm a noob (ish) with Cubasis and have just done my 1st 'song' (rather than just 4/8 bar loops). Overall a very positive experience after migrating from 7 years with Caustic on Android.

Mixdown is a known issue. Use mixdown between locators and set locators instead before mixing down. Do not include effect trail. Default mixdown was working fine before until they broke it last year and now we have to use locators until they resolve it. I created a thread on Steinberg forums about it.

For audio clip playback issue, try setting their tempo from their editor mode and auto stretch to on.

Brilliant thanks for this. Will try this later tonight. Fingers crossed for a nice update soon.

• @wim said:
    Air 2 is good with

Good on my Air 2 too.

• Great app. Very worth the purchase. But will they please 🙏 let the transport be hardware controllable 😡

• Cubasis works great on Air 2 - I used it for 5 years and still using it as a standby device when my Pro's battery gets discharged.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Great app. Very worth the purchase. But will they please 🙏 let the transport be hardware controllable 😡

You can load Cubasis into Audiobus, then midi learn the audiobus transport controls for Cubasis from your hardware.

• I wanna buy the classic machines IAP but I saw a Jacob Haq video on YouTube and every drum set was mapped differently, hence you can’t try different sets on the same midi file. Somebody knows if this was fixed/changed?

• Cubasis rocks when it comes to QUICK workflow for simple projects. Bringing music in and out is a breeze
    found less crashes on Cubasis than Auria, although minor global sync issues, the feature to auto create tracks when connected to AB is gold

• @wim said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    Great app. Very worth the purchase. But will they please 🙏 let the transport be hardware controllable 😡

You can load Cubasis into Audiobus, then midi learn the audiobus transport controls for Cubasis from your hardware.

Indeed, you can.
    And Cubasis can start Audiobus via Midi Sync, which gets almost everything rolling.

• @Jumpercollins said:

Hi all,

This is a regular sales promo soon to be announced, no update this time.

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2019

@Faland said:
    I wanna buy the classic machines IAP but I saw a Jacob Haq video on YouTube and every drum set was mapped differently, hence you can’t try different sets on the same midi file. Somebody knows if this was fixed/changed?

Hi Faland,

The individual Classic Machines kits are all mapped the same, and follow the GM scheme where possible.

If required, please find more information on our Cubasis 2 In-App Purchases website.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @MonzoPro said:

@LinearLineman said:

Any good on an Air2?

I use Cubasis on Air 2 all the time, works great for me, usual CPU hungry suspects still cause glitches etc...but freezing audio really helps...only real issue is that some FX add latency to the audio so trimming is required to bring stuff back into time on occasions.