Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

How does it compare with iVCS3?

As someone not usually drawn to making my own sounds and don't deviate too far from presets (apart from huge dollops of reverb with everything...just being honest) those that come with Arturia's gem of a plugin are all great so far, and there's a lot of them, so you have a great deal of variation out of the box. But I've also been happy to do loads of knob-twiddling as well, which has resulted in me creating a lot of my own sounds for once, and that's the thing that's got me raving about Synthi.

iVCS3 is also great, but more daunting for me as I've had this since before I upgraded my ipad to a pro version a year or so ago and originally had a bit bother with the pops and crackles my under-powered ipad4 suffered from. First impressions were, therefore, compromised by this problem and I didn't give it another look until recently, where I bought a bunch of preset packs and it now sounds so unique in terms of what it's capable of sounding like it's like a brand new synth/toy.

The demo of Synthi is restricted to 20 mins (per session) of play time and you can't save any sounds you make, but it's enough for me to think I need to make this my next purchase. I deffo recommend trying the demo for yourself and letting me know your thoughts.

Hope this piques your interest!

• edited September 2019

I know Arturia’s line of synths for VST are very impressive, but I just don’t use a Desktop for music, so I really hope they will get back to porting some more of them across to IOS. Starting with iCS80! (With MPE support....)

• Synthi and the Buchla emulation are real CPU hogs unfortunately but they do sound great.

• @PhilW said:
    I know Arturia’s line of synths for VST are very impressive, but I just don’t use a Desktop for music, so I really hope they will get back to porting some more of them across to IOS. Starting with iCS80! (With MPE support....)

If Arturia do like-for-like emulations of their desktop synths for IOS then I'm all in!

• Man, would I love Music Easel on iOS.

• That is a really nice synth. If i were not already balls deep into Unfiltered Audio Lion thats the synth i would explore the next few weeks. But with Lion i feel my synth needs are satisfied for the next few years.

• @noodldoodl said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

How does it compare with iVCS3?

As someone not usually drawn to making my own sounds and don't deviate too far from presets (apart from huge dollops of reverb with everything...just being honest) those that come with Arturia's gem of a plugin are all great so far, and there's a lot of them, so you have a great deal of variation out of the box. But I've also been happy to do loads of knob-twiddling as well, which has resulted in me creating a lot of my own sounds for once, and that's the thing that's got me raving about Synthi.

iVCS3 is also great, but more daunting for me as I've had this since before I upgraded my ipad to a pro version a year or so ago and originally had a bit bother with the pops and crackles my under-powered ipad4 suffered from. First impressions were, therefore, compromised by this problem and I didn't give it another look until recently, where I bought a bunch of preset packs and it now sounds so unique in terms of what it's capable of sounding like it's like a brand new synth/toy.

The demo of Synthi is restricted to 20 mins (per session) of play time and you can't save any sounds you make, but it's enough for me to think I need to make this my next purchase. I deffo recommend trying the demo for yourself and letting me know your thoughts.

Hope this piques your interest!

It does, thank you! Guess I’ll take a gander with the demo. Thing is, at €200 a pop the whole V-Collection is only another €300. Hm, decisions, decisions.

I used to have access to an AKS and to my old ears the iVCS sounds damn close, especially if one considers that one doesn’t have to sell another kidney every time the damn thing brakes.

• I just got the Easel for desktop. Scored it used on KVR for a good price. Could not pass up. It sounds pretty great, although I haven't sussed out what everything does yet. It's a heavy hitter CPU wise. Really fun to use, and I'm trying to determine how to map my Launch Control XL to it - will be even more fun then!

@auxmux said:
    Man, would I love Music Easel on iOS.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I just got the Easel for desktop. Scored it used on KVR for a good price. Could not pass up. It sounds pretty great, although I haven't sussed out what everything does yet. It's a heavy hitter CPU wise. Really fun to use, and I'm trying to determine how to map my Launch Control XL to it - will be even more fun then!

@auxmux said:
    Man, would I love Music Easel on iOS.

Drool...

• Yeah - I really wonder what Arturia is offering that apeSoft hasn't already nailed. Admittedly I have a higher opinion of apeSoft apps over those of Arturia, but yeah - not seeing the value here.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Yeah - I really wonder what Arturia is offering that apeSoft hasn't already nailed. Admittedly I have a higher opinion of apeSoft apps over those of Arturia, but yeah - not seeing the value here.

Accuracy

• I’d be really happy if they decided to release more of their plugins on iOS

• @Daveypoo said:
    Yeah - I really wonder what Arturia is offering that apeSoft hasn't already nailed. Admittedly I have a higher opinion of apeSoft apps over those of Arturia, but yeah - not seeing the value here.

I’m a fan of ApeSoft on iOS, but the Arturia Collection is in a totally different league. Seriously good emulations.

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I’d be really happy if they decided to release more of their plugins on iOS

I'd be happy if they actually supported the apps they already released on iOS. They have a seriously bad record of this...

• @Daveypoo said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    I’d be really happy if they decided to release more of their plugins on iOS

I'd be happy if they actually supported the apps they already released on iOS. They have a seriously bad record of this...

Yeah that would actually be nice too, heh. I would also like the prophet app to be more complete like the desktop one and some auv3 would be nice