Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roli Noise AUv3 update

Now with Noise Drums and Noise Melody Audio Units :smile:

What's New

This update includes some exciting new features to assist you taking your sounds further in NOISE.

• Performance effects - From Crunchy Delays to Wobbbling Filters, you can now add even more expressivity with the addition of two effects slots and a variety of presets. Assign a Lightpad to either slot or control on-screen

• AUv3 Updates - You can now play and record with your favourite NOISE Drum and Groove Kits in hosts such as Garageband with the addition of a new AUv3. Seaboard and Drum Grid visualisers have also been added to all plug-ins when used in full screen mode

• Updated Navigation - The navigation has been consolidated to a single tab bar and dual screen support has been added on iPad, allowing you to control instruments on the right and either clips, mixer or effects on the left

• Improved Performance - The app has been further optimised to improve performance on devices such as the iPhone 6 and iPad mini 4

Other improvements and fixes include:

• Fixed multiple bugs in the sign up process, including a more responsive scrolling and quicker loading of T&Cs
• UI Refresh of buttons and background
• Fixed issue where pitch correction was jumping around when in hide mode
• Fixed occasional stuck notes when stopping Learn Loops

Comments

• Has anyone ever managed to get the Noise AU working properly in Cubasis when it comes to pitch bend on the Seaboard Block or Lightpad Block? The glide function never responds correctly when compared to using it in Garageband or standalone.

• Actually, I can’t make the Lightpad work in Cubasis at all! The Seaboard Block is just fine (pitch bend/glide issue notwithstanding).

• Sounds like a good update, I’m glad they are now allowing the drums to be used via AU. Off to download it.

• Surprised to see full screen AUv3 and MIDI out in GarageBand. Awesomeness. Will stress test tonight

• The drums version of the app as a AU can now be sequenced by Rozeta which is pretty cool. Have they/sorted out the swarm packs capability as a AU yet ?

• Cool update! Really wish they would fix the midi timing issue though. :/

• @DCJ said:
    Cool update! Really wish they would fix the midi timing issue though. :/

Explain? Are you referring to jitter?

• @realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Yeah. You said in another thread that you were experiencing the same thing.

• @DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Yes currently in Vatanator, but also last time I tried Noise a few months ago I had a similar issue. I’ll test again with this new update

• @realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Yes currently in Vatanator, but also last time I tried Noise a few months ago I had a similar issue. I’ll test again with this new update

Right I was referring to your comments on Noise from moths back. It’s still there unfortunately.

• @DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Right I was referring to your comments on Noise from moths back. It’s still there unfortunately.

Yup just tried again...same behavior... disappointed.

• @DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

What? The moths?

• @u0421793 Yeah they keep eating my Ns.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The drums version of the app as a AU can now be sequenced by Rozeta which is pretty cool. Have they/sorted out the swarm packs capability as a AU yet ?

No news of SWAM Engine packs, no. My guess is that their agreement with Audio Modelling is better than it might have been before, but not so amazing as to allow for this kind of access. After all, Audio Modelling is already contributing to an iOS app… (Camelot)

• @DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Disappointing

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Actually the DRUM AU seems okay. It’s the melody interface with the issue...really glaring on the Lemon Bass

• @realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Disappointing

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Actually the DRUM AU seems okay. It’s the melody interface with the issue...really glaring on the Lemon Bass

Have you noticed a weird issue with velocity on the drums? The snare on the Happy Drumkit goes low out of nowhere even when sent a consistent velocity.

• @DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Disappointing

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

@realdawei said:

@DCJ said:

Have you noticed a weird issue with velocity on the drums? The snare on the Happy Drumkit goes low out of nowhere even when sent a consistent velocity.

Yep just tried that one...snare is all over the place

• Offline rendering leads to silence in GB..so the app is unusable anyway. Back on the shelf it goes.

• @realdawei said:
    Offline rendering leads to silence in GB..so the app is unusable anyway. Back on the shelf it goes.

Yes that's been an ongoing problem with the Noise app for a long time. Workaround is to create an empty audio recorder track and Merge that with the Noise track - that works for me every time, but it's tedious.

FWIW I have a lot of trouble rendering AUs in GB, Zeeon also fails quite often.

• @richardyot said:

@realdawei said:
    Offline rendering leads to silence in GB..so the app is unusable anyway. Back on the shelf it goes.

Yes that's been an ongoing problem with the Noise app for a long time. Workaround is to create an empty audio recorder track and Merge that with the Noise track - that works for me every time, but it's tedious.

FWIW I have a lot of trouble rendering AUs in GB, Zeeon also fails quite often.

Thanks...I like this groove that developed while testing the update. I guess I should try to preserve it somehow

• Has anyone been able to get the light pad working with the noise plugin? There seems to be a transposition issue since some of the notes trigger sounds but some don’t. And they don’t correspond with the onscreen grid either.

• @8BitSamurai said:
    Has anyone been able to get the light pad working with the noise plugin?

I had to review this thread, the light pad block as a midi controller has been more of a sad than glad experience for me. I like it for animoog. In the noise app stand alone, I can tap and push on the block and the response is acceptable, but yesterday I used the drum noise app as AU in apeMatrix. That is a trip down the glitch hole. There’s an input latency, and pads trigger random samples with inconsistent velocity. I kept on it and got some samples of the musically odd variety, but I can’t imagine how someone expecting Noise/light pad to work might feel. Will anyone using the Noise/and or block in confident way share some tips?

• I sold my Blocks. Cool gadgets, but never reliable enough for me. Plus, you always had to hit them way too hard.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I sold my Blocks. Cool gadgets, but never reliable enough for me. Plus, you always had to hit them way too hard.

I own like 7 of them. And they are all in boxes collected dust. Couldn’t agree with u more.

• My take away from the threads here, MPE is an amazing concept with next level possibilities, support for MPE is growing, Roli could do much better with app/firmware fixes, sell your blocks while they still have hype cred. Maybe using a K-Board and being more proactive with envelope assignments in the matrix is the way to go for now.

• The M version is much better on the hard hitting front.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    The M version is much better on the hard hitting front.

That's the one I had!

• @mistercharlie said:

@BiancaNeve said:

That's the one I had!

Count yourself lucky you didn’t have an original then :)

• @BiancaNeve said:

Indeed, I have 2 M versions and they are very responsive. I use them with a Seaboard Block and some Live, Loop pads, very happy with it. Logic Pro X, Equator and some IOS apps work perfect with this combination.

• My summary of the blocks on iPad. Particularly the song maker kit:

I wish Cubasis could use the transports of the loop blocks (this is an annoying and seemingly deliberate omission, especially as they collaborated on the project to make it mpe)

I wish beatmaker 3 had MPE (but I understand it’s way down the list, but the transport does work, which is great)

And I wish NanoStudio 2 had both (again, way down the list im sure.)

And roli not making a dedicated app to change the actions of the blocks especially the lightpad is extremely annoying as it once required a computer to do, until a independent developer made an app, which shouldn’t have been necessary.