Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• I apologize I mix up names often!
    But I definitely meant you.

• Will this allow time signatures per pattern?

• edited September 2019

@yowza said:
    Will this allow time signatures per pattern?

You set different length for each pattern. Together with 64 steps this allows you many different time signatures. Also you can set swing individually for each pattern

• Tempo per pattern?

• @yowza said:
    Tempo per pattern?

Not at the moment. It can be easily added however.

• @ElliottGarage
    Had a play (or two) today with the beta.
    Noticed some missing samples and incomplete Sets/Kits.

Had fun anyway

• @MrBlaschke thanks . Please write me your feedback at [email protected]

Presets and kits in the beta are not the final one 🙂😉

• @ElliottGarage said:

@yowza said:
    Tempo per pattern?

This would be a super useful addition if you can get to it some time. Another drum app has this implemented to perfection. Each pattern can have its own tempo, and the rate of “slew” between tempos can be set. It’s one of the best features that I never knew I needed before it appeared. And with Link (almost) everything else follows. B)

No rush. Just adding my vote.

• @wim said:

@ElliottGarage said:

@yowza said:
    Tempo per pattern?

This would be a super useful addition if you can get to it some time. Another drum app has this implemented to perfection. Each pattern can have its own tempo, and the rate of “slew” between tempos can be set. It’s one of the best features that I never knew I needed before it appeared. And with Link (almost) everything else follows. B)

The 'slew' or morph is a terrific feature....

• I’m hoping that EG Pulse will smoothly follow Link tempo changes. If so then other apps can accomplish this, albeit not as conveniently as if it’s in the app.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wim said:

@ElliottGarage said:

@yowza said:
    Tempo per pattern?

The 'slew' or morph is a terrific feature....

What drum machine are you all referring to?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    What drum machine are you all referring to?

I’ll PM you. I don’t want to instigate an app vs. app discussion.

• edited September 2019

Will you be able to use it in the fx slot for sampling? Also will you be able to save those samples as separate files if that is possible?

• edited September 2019

I hope this has a decent manual somehow. I recently bought the 909 app, feels like i am learning a foreign language.
    Slowly starting to get the hang of it. Sounds good i must say

• Pulse for iPhone run through and song view by Ali of the Beat Community

• @ElliottGarage said:
    The wait is (almost) over, EG Pulse pre order is now on the App Store!
    http://app.elliottgarage.com/Pulse

Full feature list:

• Standalone & AU3 Audio Unit
    • Pads View, Grid View, Mixer, Automation View, FX View & Song View
    • 64 step audio engine
    • 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 & 1/64 quantization
    • Samples Drag & drop from File App
    • Fill & Autofill (every 2, 4, 8, 16 bars)
    • Custom drumkit & user banks save
    • Song view
    • Pad Roll (with 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 & 1/64 quantization)
    • Ableton Link
    • Step recording into grid view
    • Choke groups
    • Mixer with Solo, Mute, Volume, Gain, Pan, Pitch
    • Automation of Pitch, Volume and Pan for each pad and pattern dependant
    • Probability to create unpredictable and random patterns
    • Samples editor (Start offset, attack time, release time, length)
    • Bank import/export
    • Midi In with MIDI learn to control pads
    • Midi Program Change to switch patterns
    • FX (Reverb, Delay and EQ) for each pad
    • Tap tempo & Swing
    • More than 40 drumkits created by iOS Producers and Beat Makers
    • Bank presets covering several genres

Is the preorder price different than be the introduction price once the app is in the Appstore? Just curious I'm always waiting for some reviews and opinion here on AB forum before I decide if I will buy an app. But if there's a huge pre sale difference it might be tempting.

• 14.99 pre
    16.99 I believe later then @greengrocer

• There’s gonna be a sale or DigiStix will take nearly all the pie......

• @BiancaNeve said:
    There’s gonna be a sale or DigiStix will take nearly all the pie......

Alas, probably true.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    There’s gonna be a sale or DigiStix will take nearly all the pie......

Alas, probably true.

I like DigiStix, but the automation on this seems more fully featured.

• Bought digistix but I believe that Pulse will be better👌
    No need to revisited the price. 16.99 is fair.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Pulse for iPhone run through and song view by Ali of the Beat Community

Mighty.. Excellent..

• @wim said:

I'm feeling very n00b now.
    "rate of 'slew' between tempos" - what does this mean actually?

• I’ve preordered :) Have to ask with other apps appearing- does this have timestretch?

• edited September 2019

@Peblin said:

"rate of 'slew' between tempos" - what does this mean actually?

How fast the tempo actually changes when changed.(ie. if it's 90bpm in one pattern and then set to 120bpm the slew rate will control how long it will take for the tempo increase from 90 to 120).

• edited September 2019

Just a guess, but rate of slew probably means how long it takes to transition between one tempo and the next.

EG just jump immediately or gradually speed up over a bar or something.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/metronom-the-groovy-speed-and-rhythm-trainer/id971974768 , Metronom can do it.

• @BiancaNeve at the moment Pulse changes immediately. I'll add, after the release, the possibility to set a different tempo for each pattern (now you can set length, swing and automations individually for each groove) and also the slew.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @BiancaNeve at the moment Pulse changes immediately. I'll add, after the release, the possibility to set a different tempo for each pattern (now you can set length, swing and automations individually for each groove) and also the slew.

superb!

• I'm also thinking about adding a second probability layer for each automation, so you have a certain probability that volume changes or pitch changes... currently probability just set the probability that the sound will play

• edited September 2019

Sorry if this has been answered, but is everything exposed as AU parameters eg pitch per sample?
    Also does it record midi in to the step sequencer for editing? ("Step recording into grid view" so sounds like it does)
    oh yeah, does it have midi out?
    Thanks! :)