Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2

Seems Cubasis 2 is on sale right now for half price €27
Sadly there is still no support for AUv3.. but there are solutions around that..

But what else would you use Cubasis for then
A) audio recording and edditing
B) Midi recording and edditing
C) linear sequencer and song player..

Is this worth the money, as i have other tools that do just this?
What makes cubasis special for you?

Comments

• Not every app meets everyone’s needs. Get what suits your workflow.

• What? Cubasis has the best support for auv3

• Sadly there is still no support for AUv3

there IS support for both AUv3 instruments and effects.

• One of the only hosts I know of with full automation capability, outside of DAWless options :)

• Look at Steinbergs website. There is a pretty good explanation, and a playlist of videos that shows you what the app can do.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis/whats_cubasis.html

• @dendy said:

Sadly there is still no support for AUv3

there IS support for both AUv3 instruments and E

Thanks, just couldn’t find that info in the appstore

• @yaknepper said:
    Look at Steinbergs website. There is a pretty good explanation, and a playlist of videos that shows you what the app can do.

Thanks for the tip..
    Seems i was right, its a high quallity straightforward sequenzer..

Just don’t know if i need this on my ipad..

• You are welcome, and of course you need it.. :smile:

@Bachus said:

@yaknepper said:
    Look at Steinbergs website. There is a pretty good explanation, and a playlist of videos that shows you what the app can do.

Thanks for the tip..
    Seems i was right, its a high quallity straightforward sequenzer..

Just don’t know if i need this on my ipad..

• edited September 2019

@yonhorizon said:
    What? Cubasis has the best support for auv3

Unfortunately not.Timing of AU Sequencer (Midi and Audio) is not reliable.Even the Arp
    of Micrologue suffers from this.To me not very useful in it's current state with all the beautiful midi
    (sequencer)apps arround.which is a shame because
    it has the best UI and workflow for my taste.i'm sure someday it will be fixed,they constantly improve this app and i would love to use it again.

• @Bachus, what Daw or Dawless are you using now?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Bachus, what Daw or Dawless are you using now?

A few... beatmaker 3... xynthesizr... rozeta.. grooverider... and some more..

But if i buy the cubasis 2, i guess its going to replace garageband in my workflow...

• edited September 2019

@yonhorizon said:
    What? Cubasis has the best support for auv3

Not in terms of AUv3 fx but instrument support seems very nice.

• @Bachus said:
    Seems Cubasis 2 is on sale right now for half price €27
    Sadly there is still no support for AUv3.. but there are solutions around that..

Hi Bachus,

Cubasis fully supports Audio Unit for instruments and effects, including Audio Unit MIDI as well.
    Same for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• is there tools to edit this audio file or warp it?
    i want to pull the kicks back to be on beat and move some hats around... doable in cb2?

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

Sorry, no, well at least not how I think you’re picturing it. You can always slice up the file into smaller clips and move the clips around.

You might want to check out Auditor. It can do slicing, rearranging, and warping.

• Also relevant maybe ... or at least entertaining. B)

• @wim said:
    Sorry, no, well at least not how I think you’re picturing it. You can always slice up the file into smaller clips and move the clips around.

You might want to check out Auditor. It can do slicing, rearranging, and warping.

Auditor can do the Ableton-style warping like @reasOne is talking about?

• edited August 2020

It is better use separate tracks for each drum kit sound - one track for kick, one track for hats...

Load individual FX on them, export as stems and do whatever.

• good to know @wim , i was looking around for more tools as i’ve had cubasis for years but never really touched it...i see why now 🤣 the slicing thing could do the trick , but seems worthy to look into other apps like auditoy or auditor

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:

@wim said:

Auditor can do the Ableton-style warping like @reasOne is talking about?

Yep. I just discovered that myself. It's in the slicing tool. It seems to work well. The only thing I think it may not have is snap. I'm not sure on that point, but I didn't see it when I tried earlier.

Once you have your slice markers set, you can engage warp, then move them as needed and the slices stretch and compress as needed. It's pretty slick.