Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

Comments

• I just remember the pre and post release buzz about this app. I have to say it looks and sounds impressive but everything’s gone quiet.

I haven’t picked it up yet but would be interested to hear if anybody’s using it and on the whole how’s it going.

Thanks

• What happened to the bundle?

It was there, then it was gone.

No love?

• @supadom said:
    I just remember the pre and post release buzz about this app. I have to say it looks and sounds impressive but everything’s gone quiet.

I haven’t picked it up yet but would be interested to hear if anybody’s using it and on the whole how’s it going.

Thanks

I still use it and love it, mostly for more atmospheric/ambient/symphonic stuff. I'll be honest and say that I don't find it intuitive on more rhythmic type stuff. But it's great for my more mellow side.

• I think the impression of silence around the app is mostly that we haven’t posted any videos for a while, but they are coming!!

As for the bundle - it was a world of hurt for us... We wanted everyone who had the original Gestrument to be able to get a good deal, but AppStores bundle rules made things more or less impossible! We tried several different ways and finally we took it away (as we announced in advance as much as we could).

@lukesleepwalker - I understand what you mean, but I think it’s actually almost even more powerful in rhythmic music. But with all the possibilities we also get a bit more of complexity...

• Politics, I understand. No worries.
    Keep up the good work.

• @JesperNordin said:
    I think the impression of silence around the app is mostly that we haven’t posted any videos for a while, but they are coming!!

As for the bundle - it was a world of hurt for us... We wanted everyone who had the original Gestrument to be able to get a good deal, but AppStores bundle rules made things more or less impossible! We tried several different ways and finally we took it away (as we announced in advance as much as we could).

@lukesleepwalker - I understand what you mean, but I think it’s actually almost even more powerful in rhythmic music. But with all the possibilities we also get a bit more of complexity...

I greatly admire the rhythmic presets; just haven't wrapped my head around HOW to get that going. I will get to it eventually!

• @JesperNordin said:
    I think the impression of silence around the app is mostly that we haven’t posted any videos for a while, but they are coming!!

If there was a thorough tutorial focused on rhythmical use I’d be more then eager to see it. I love to listen to sparse/ambient music but find it difficult to fully embrace it in my little creative world.

• edited February 2019
  • Hi

Every time I switch preset/sequence in gestrument it stops transport in AUM as well.
    Does anyone experience this? Any idea how to solve it?

• edited September 2019

Dear Sly, unfortunately it is a limitation of the IAA implementation we chose, so it's a bit tricky to fix. But we have it on our list of things we want to do, but since IAA is deprecated we might focus on AUv3 or other routes before that.

• @JesperNordin said:
    Dear Sly, unfortunately it is a limitation of the IAA implementation we chose, so it's a bit tricky to fix. But we have it on our list of things we want to do, but since IAA is deprecated we might focus on AU3v or other routes before that.

Yes, AuV3 as priority please! 👍🏻

• Yeah, AUv3 would definitely make me use it more as I find any IAA apps difficult to keep in my regular workflow. :)

• It's on our list, but will not be in the next update. Hopefully the one after that!

• @JesperNordin said:
    It's on our list, but will not be in the next update. Hopefully the one after that!

Would be awesome!

• edited September 2019

That's great to hear :) The standalone is an excellent app though, the main thing I also hope is that Scalegen manipulation might find it's way into the app so you can adjust the scales and midi files easily.

I've realised today it's the perfect app for my current Audiovisual project. :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah, AUv3 would definitely make me use it more as I find any IAA apps difficult to keep in my regular workflow. :)

Nice one!

• This song just reduced my stress levels soooo much! Thanks for your beautiful gift!

@echoopera said:
    Here's Gestrument sequencing some Korg Electribe Wave.

Soundcloud:

Youtube:

• @Tones4Christ said:
    This song just reduced my stress levels soooo much! Thanks for your beautiful gift!

@echoopera said:

Soundcloud:

Youtube:

You are far too kind sir. Glad it could help you out...my hope is that I can make music to transport people to a calmer and more chill place where they can be energized and motivated to do the great things the creator has intended all of us to do :)

Also, be sure to check out my Ampify GrooveBox thread...adding more chilled pieces there as well. :)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34540/ampify-groovebox-creations-thread#latest

• Just wanna shout out there that I’m having an amazing creative time with Gestrument Pro!!! And Groovebox! If anyone is still on the fence man, Gestrument Pro is truly amazing! I was skeptical about it but the more I dive in the more it becomes clear how deep and powerful it is for creativity. Paired with Groovebox man, no limit!

It’s still on special discount so I would highly recommend this app! Get both Groovebox and Gestrument Pro!

@echoopera said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    This song just reduced my stress levels soooo much! Thanks for your beautiful gift!

@echoopera said:

Soundcloud:

Youtube:

You are far too kind sir. Glad it could help you out...my hope is that I can make music to transport people to a calmer and more chill place where they can be energized and motivated to do the great things the creator has intended all of us to do :)

Also, be sure to check out my Ampify GrooveBox thread...adding more chilled pieces there as well. :)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34540/ampify-groovebox-creations-thread#latest

• @Tones4Christ - thanks for the kind words! We have been very busy with other Gestrument-based development recently but now we are working on an update that will come during the autumn - let's hope you like that as well!

• I hope to see this updated to Auv3 ! <3

• edited September 2019

You’re welcome! It is a very unique and special app for promoting creativity! I highly Recommend everyone to start with the Tribal Beats preset. I know the app starts with a single cursor, which in Gestrument Pro terms is an instrument I think, but for me once I got Tribal Beats preset going and saw how it was put together, it opened my eyes and ears to all the limitless possibilities of what can be done with this app!

Watching Tim Webb’s and Doug’s videos also did the trick!

I also found something very interesting. If I use AB3 and load GS Pro a d AUM and load all effects in AUM, etc, I noticed the CPU usage was so much more efficiently distributed when compared to using only AUM. This might be due to the iPad or iPhone cpu architecture. But I was so pleased with the quality of the built in sounds!

@JesperNordin said:
    @Tones4Christ - thanks for the kind words! We have been very busy with other Gestrument-based development recently but now we are working on an update that will come during the autumn - let's hope you like that as well!

• @JesperNordin Hi, one thing I'm hoping is that when you mute the instrument, then the midi out could be muted too. Apologies if I've asked this before, hopefully I haven't. :)

• Would be awesome since it will help when building up tracks in real-time!
    This paired with Groovebox is so awesome!

@Carnbot said:
    @JesperNordin Hi, one thing I'm hoping is that when you mute the instrument, then the midi out could be muted too. Apologies if I've asked this before, hopefully I haven't. :)

• @Carnbot - I'm not sure I understand? As it is now - if you mute an instrument by tapping it, it stops producing events, which means is stops producing sounds for the internal sound engine and stops sending out MIDI to external synths. Is there a set-up where you have experiences something else? If so - please let me know!
    @Tones4Christ - I forgot to answer your last question. I talked with Jonatan about CPU, and it's actually the opposite of what you think. When an iDevice needs more power it boosts the CPU speed, and then it looks like AUM is using less CPU, since it's measured in % of the total CPU in use right now. So using only AUM is more efficient, even if the CPU looks like it says differently...

• edited September 2019

@JesperNordin said:
    @Carnbot - I'm not sure I understand? As it is now - if you mute an instrument by tapping it, it stops producing events, which means is stops producing sounds for the internal sound engine and stops sending out MIDI to external synths. Is there a set-up where you have experiences something else? If so - please let me know!
    @Tones4Christ - I forgot to answer your last question. I talked with Jonatan about CPU, and it's actually the opposite of what you think. When an iDevice needs more power it boosts the CPU speed, and then it looks like AUM is using less CPU, since it's measured in % of the total CPU in use right now. So using only AUM is more efficient, even if the CPU looks like it says differently...

Yup ... the CPU is powering up and down constantly to match processing demand, I guess to prolong battery life, and unlike desktop OS’s the iOS user cannot create a power profile which forces the CPU to run at its maximum speed constantly. Someone tell me if you know differently! If we could do that, then the AUM CPU meter would more closely reflect actual CPU usage %.

• Will test more; I’ve been having such a blast of creativity and fun with the internal sounds I haven’t messed with the AU sounds using AUM. But that was my next setup test. I’ve been using Groovebox AB3 and AUM! My next setup will be using it with Spectrum instruments 😌☝️🤗❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Left a great review for you guys on the AppStore!❤️🙏☝️

@JesperNordin said:
    @Carnbot - I'm not sure I understand? As it is now - if you mute an instrument by tapping it, it stops producing events, which means is stops producing sounds for the internal sound engine and stops sending out MIDI to external synths. Is there a set-up where you have experiences something else? If so - please let me know!

• I definitely felt the difference though. I might just be paranoid but the cpu meters kind of threw me off 😳🤪
    I’ll keep testing but for now I do love the switching between apps with AB3.

One issue that I just recently noticed was that GPro doesn’t boot up by itself when I launch AB3. I have to do it outside AB3 but it does work great after that. I’m am using the latest AB3 beta though.

• Ok you're right it is muting :# :) I've got my midi channels confused, sorry about that! I think I find midi channels easy to mix up when you've got lots of instruments.