Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turgut Shore Remix

This was one of my first tracks last year. Return of the Prodigal Sax. This time with REAMP goosing the sax section. Followed the same process as Synth Hymn. Two tracks panned left and right, ToneB EQ and reverb. Waves UltraMax and FAC Maxima on the send.

Comments

• Who's the poor explorer roasting on the spit. Great Music should create great images. His girlfriend is lying low beneath a leafy bush praying for a miracle whilst the tribe dance around a cooking pot. Hmmm... maybe a black and white cartoon ala Felix the the cat like. love it.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2019

I get a processional vibe from this one... at this BPM it's probably a funeral parade.
    Much better after remix. Keep fixing and see if you can make synth saxes sound better.
    This ensemble works for me.

This music reminds me of music I made on a Kurzweil 1000 in 2003. I used a lot of world instruments and made a 16 bar loop and then added solo instruments over the jam for about 10 minutes. It turned out to be very useful music for fashion shows and booth music at trade shows since the BPM was about 120 and it just made people want to dance without sounding like EDM but more like festival music.

I had it running in the HP booth and a fellow employee from India approached me and started to explain what we were hearing. It turned out to be faithful to the music of his youth and he started describing the instruments involved and when this type of ensemble would have been assembled, etc. I decided to let him accept my ersatz ethnic music as the real deal.

Later I show and I played about 10 pieces of recording audio music from tapes and I tried my fake festival piece and it was accepted. The final judge is always the audience on the value of any music.

Many pieces just require:

A Lumbeats drummer
    Some type of interesting loop
    something out front so the loop isn't obvious

The audience will do the rest.

• Very interesting @McD. You got any of that to post? And amazing that you met a talking fish from India.

Thanks for listening and liking @Metalman. I like the scenario you paint. Strangely, I never have visuals when making or listening to music, but I know lots of folks do... a kind of synesthesia, I guess

• @LinearLineman said:
    you met a talking fish from India.

EDITED. :^)

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very interesting @McD. You got any of that to post? And amazing that you met a talking fish from India.

Thanks for listening and liking @Metalman. I like the scenario you paint. Strangely, I never have visuals when making or listening to music, but I know lots of folks do... a kind of synesthesia, I guess

@LinearLineman said:
    Very interesting @McD. You got any of that to post? And amazing that you met a talking fish from India.

Synesthesia? Maybe... I am an artist http://redbubble.com/people/toastedghost

I see music
    I sometimes have night terrors
    I can smell and taste in dreams
    and I am the only person I know who has experienced a sound dream... no pictures or visuals

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very interesting @McD. You got any of that to post?

I suspect it's on a cassette tape somewhere in storage. It's not that much different than what I've created on the iPad. Loops of drums, with loops of instruments and solo instruments over the top. Nothing like an improvised Symphony or complex arrangement. I can't produce the 1st without years of effort and won't labor to make the 2nd because it's too much like work. But still... I create. It's just fun... like publishing your artistic sketches. I recommend it. Just be aware that it takes time for most of the forum to just ignore you.