Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to get music from Chrome to AUM ???

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

Hello @all :)

I'm doing a party tonight, and I'd like to use AUM to catch the sound of Chrome ( to play some Soundcloud, Youtube, Deezer etc...)
And being able to play some of my tracks live...(so I also could sort of mix sources...)
I'm using a CCK connected to the USB soundcard, so I'm not using the minijack.
I might use a bluetooth speaker, but I wan to use my Yamaha monitors...

How can I catch the audio flux from a browser ? Is there an app for that ?

Thanks for your help ! :)

Comments

• There's an app for YouTube called Tube AU that loads into AUM. For the others you might use two IOS devices and route the audio from one as an input to the other running AUM.
    An iPhone for example. Audiobus remote can help manage the external IOS device from the main AUM system. The iConnect 4 audio connects the 2 devices using a digital audio path if you want pristine audio but with streaming sources... why bother?

• @McD said:
    There's an app for YouTube called Tube AU that loads into AUM. For the others you might use two IOS devices and route the audio from one as an input to the other running AUM.
    An iPhone for example. Audiobus remote can help manage the external IOS device from the main AUM system. The iConnect 4 audio connects the 2 devices using a digital audio path if you want pristine audio but with streaming sources... why bother?

Personally, I'd run 2 iPhones/iPads as the streaming devices into an iPad running AUM. While one device is active you can be queuing up another track on device 2 and mix the output with AUM. They could all be iphones too and streaming can be run from really old IOS devices that you can get on the cheap. Remember the iPod? iPhones that have no cellular service are essentially iPods with Wi-fi, etc.

• @McD said:

@McD said:
    There's an app for YouTube called Tube AU that loads into AUM. For the others you might use two IOS devices and route the audio from one as an input to the other running AUM.

Personally, I'd run 2 iPhones/iPads as the streaming devices into an iPad running AUM. While one device is active you can be queuing up another track on device 2 and mix the output with AUM. They could all be iphones too and streaming can be run from really old IOS devices that you can get on the cheap. Remember the iPod? iPhones that have no cellular service are essentially iPods with Wi-fi, etc.

Very clever!

• Thanks !!!
    This is exactly how my setup was already configured ! (4 ipads...1 is master...) so it totally makes sense...
    It works perfect, I also have my effects in AUM, very fun !

• edited September 2019

@McD said:

If you have an iConnectAudio4+, you can also route audio from the iPad back to itself (and straight into AUM). In the audio matrix of iConfig, just route USB1 Sources 1+2 directly to a couple of unused USB1 Destinations (assuming your iPad is on USB1). The only drawback is that you have to be careful not to create a circular routing in AUM.