Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

StepBud - weird behaviour?

Is anyone else having trouble with StepBud?

I try to use it fairly often, would probably work with it daily but for the fact that it isn’t very reliable for me. Two issues seem to appear regularly while using it in AUM:

1. No sliders for adjusting values. Deleting StepBud instance an creating a new one usually corrects this.
  2. No notes being output on later StepBuds when trying to add multiple in AUM. I connect up MIDI monitor and it shows only note-offs being sent. Deleting and re-adding doesn’t fix this issue. I have to restart AUM.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour or have other people given up using StepBud?

Comments

• @Jocphone said:

I've also been having issues with StepBud. I suspect the issues I'm having are related to StepBuds ableton link implementation. I'm seeing it mainly with the iaa StepBud. I'll spend some time with the iaa and Auv3 versions over the next 24 hours and report back. Using in AUM.

@cem_olcay

• @frond said:

@Jocphone said:

I've also been having issues with StepBud. I suspect the issues I'm having are related to StepBuds ableton link implementation. I'm seeing it mainly with the iaa StepBud. I'll spend some time with the iaa and Auv3 versions over the next 24 hours and report back. Using in AUM.

Only ever used it as an AUv3. Just thought that StepBud was a popular utility, so I'm surprised no one else is experiencing these issues.

• @Jocphone

sorry for the wait.

i did some testing with auv3 only.

i'm not having any issues. ios 12.4.1 ipad 6. i vaguely remember things being fine on 12.3 as well. also fine on ipad 5, and iphone 5s.

with regard to point number 2;

when i instantiate the second, third, etc. instance of stepbud, i always need to ensure the 'sequencer disabled/sequencer enabled' button ( bottom, scroll far right) is set to 'sequencer enabled'.

i also go to the 'midi' button on the bottom and turn everything off. i find the 'midi' settings, as they are preset when first opened, send messages that i don't expect ( eg. when controlling elsa with stepbud, stepbud sends messages that override elsa volume and sustain settings - no volume has caused me some confusion ). anyway, i set midi settings to off and adjust as needed.

your first point is definitely unusual. is this a problem on ipad, or iphone? on the iphone, i find that stepbud's screen will draw in a manner that obscures the pitch sliders.

if the issues happens for you on the ipad, try deleting stepbud and reinstalling.

for others ( jocphone is using auv3 only ), the only time i have issues is when using stepbud as an iaa. the issues seem related to ableton link, and the preset midi settings within the 'midi' button.

• @cem_olcay Hi, having some issues with Stepbud, seems snapshots don't work with chords for me, only notes....can you reproduce this? Cheers :)