Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MidiLFOs updated to AU! 😺

Hi,
See here - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/midilfos-midi-modulator/id998273841
This is my favourite midi Lfo! Has 4 per instance & is v.easy to setup. Just tested quickly in AUM with Poison’s fco (cc71) & it worked perfectly..Enjoy! 😺🌈🚀

Comments

• Does it sync to host bpm?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is great. I used this quite a bit prior to the advent of the Ruismaker LFO. Now I think it will be my top pick once again.

• edited September 2019

Great news! Many instances of this will be a blast for jamming!
    I always prefered this one over ruismaker lfos due to how quick it is to scroll parameters.
    Did I ever said how cumbersome I find it to have only arrows to tap or hold to enter values on a touch screen?
    No hard feelings Brams 😉!

• Great, many thanks to Art Kerns :)

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Does it sync to host bpm?

Just tested in Aum and it has options for midi syncing so yes, but I dont have time right now to test fully..

• Looks great! But yeah, haven't been able to test it yet.

• f'ing awesome!!! i too always loved using this slightly more than Bram's LFO. (hell, i'll probably still use both) this is great!

• @gdog said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Does it sync to host bpm?

Just tested in Aum and it has options for midi syncing so yes, but I dont have time right now to test fully..

Thank for your time man 👍

• Anyone tried it in NS2? If it works, I’ll grab it.

• Nice, so there's still hope for AUv3 midiSTEPs :)
    midiSTEPs was/is one of the first AUv3 hosts, up to 4 instances.

• midiSTEPS will need to have its AU hosting stripped out in order to become an AU. That might be a bit more work.

It's great to see Mr. Kerns back in the game after a long quiet period.

• Im itching for an excuse to buy midisteps. Auv3 would be it

• On his webpage there’s a sign of 2 new midi apps which are in the works it seems :)

• @Richtowns said:
    Im itching for an excuse to buy midisteps. Auv3 would be it

You can host and mix & record AUv3's with MidiSTEPs ;)

• @wim said:
    midiSTEPS will need to have its AU hosting stripped out in order to become an AU. That might be a bit more work.

Buzzkill.
    :(

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@CracklePot said:

@wim said:
    midiSTEPS will need to have its AU hosting stripped out in order to become an AU. That might be a bit more work.

Buzzkill.

I don't see why that's a buzzkill. If it becomes an AU it won't need AU hosting. And anyway, it would probably retain the standalone version, and just add a trimmed down AU version. No real reason to strip it out of the standalone unless it's too much of a maintenance issue.

Win. Win. B)

• @wim said:

@CracklePot said:

@wim said:

Buzzkill.

I don't see why that's a buzzkill. If it becomes an AU it won't need AU hosting. And anyway, it would probably retain the standalone version, and just add a trimmed down AU version. No real reason to strip it out of the standalone unless it's too much of a maintenance issue.

Win. Win. B)

Hell yeah.
    Whoah! Headrush!
    🙃

• ohh this is fun. very nice update

• ALBALB
    edited September 2019

Just mentioning - Rozetta LFO controls are all accessible from one page, though less complex than MidiLFOs. Worth having both, I think, and glad that I do.

• Speaking of Rozetta, am I the only one annoyed by the UI portion that require tapping/holding of buttons to change a parameter. Man! This is killing me. Brambos apps would just be perfect if it wasn't about this "thing". sigh...

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Doesn’t bother me, except when I occasionally miss and hit “init” when adjusting shuffle on the phone. :#

• Yes! Thank you, @artkerns!

• Looks like Mr. Kerns also updated MIDI Probability Gate to AUv3 as well. W00t!

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/midifiltr-pg-probability-gate/id1226296557

• Just got this one and it's got one and for it's got one feature (for me) that sets it apart!

The phase of the LFO can be reset using note events making it highly usable as an extra LFO for synths that need an extra :)
    The LFOs have also got a one-shot mode (good for substituting a ramp envelope in synths that need an extra).

Only request would be to have a 'custom' LFO mode (ie. similar to the S+H) with the option to adjust the step values.
    Thanks @artkerns !

• @Samu said:
    Just got this one and it's got one and for it's got one feature (for me) that sets it apart!

The phase of the LFO can be reset using note events making it highly usable as an extra LFO for synths that need an extra :)
    The LFOs have also got a one-shot mode (good for substituting a ramp envelope in synths that need an extra).

Only request would be to have a 'custom' LFO mode (ie. similar to the S+H) with the option to adjust the step values.
    Thanks @artkerns !

Could use StepBud for that.

• @auxmux said:

Could use StepBud for that.

Yeah, but StepBud doesn't have a 'lag' option to gradually fade the values between the steps ;)

Both have their place for sure. For most cases I just need a few extra LFOs/OneShots and if they also could serve as a custom step-table then that would keep the total app-count down and make it easier to focus.