Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

miRack coming to iOS.

http://mifki.com/blog/mirack-is-coming-to-ios/

A new MODULAR Rack format for iOS !, this could be interesting even though past attempts ie S-Modular to name one haven’t been that successfully.

Does a modular environment work for you on iOS comments anyone?

Comments

• holy shit !!! :open_mouth:

• edited September 2019

Whoa. @Jumpercollins I've tried them all but could never get anywhere, either because of "too much" flexibility, like Audulus, or lack of modules . I currently run VCV Rack from a Mac to the iPad through an iConnectAudio interface. I wonder what would need to happen for third-party plugins to be available for MiRack.

• I wonder what the CPU hit would be using a modular setup in one app! I questioned the dev on connectivity with midi modules out to AU apps that would be cool. I think a modular system lives or dies on the various amount of contents available good to see VCV rack now has over 1300 modules and next year is gonna be a VST Plugin. I been using Voltage Modular aswell as I like the layout for racks and the true GUI likeness for modules.

• @Jumpercollins said:

VCV Rack for iOS !, this could be interesting even though past attempts ie S-Modular to name one haven’t been that successfully.

my left eyebrow is raised ‘Roger Moore’ style...

• Holy |𥙕°•÷•°|=|{€°€°¢÷¢=€!!!!!! iOS modular is here! Please, is this an AU?

• This is gonna be fun.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Jumpercollins said:

VCV Rack for iOS !, this could be interesting even though past attempts ie S-Modular to name one haven’t been that successfully.

I see your Roger Moore and raise you a Carlo Ancelotti:

• @jipumarino said:
    Whoa. @Jumpercollins I've tried them all but could never get anywhere, either because of "too much" flexibility, like Audulus, or lack of modules . I currently run VCV Rack from a Mac to the iPad through an iConnectAudio interface. I wonder what would need to happen for third-party plugins to be available for MiRack.

Is hardware Eurorack maybe something for you then?

• edited September 2019

I use to own this I assume Pulse Code went bust here’s hoping better luck to MiRack.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I see your Roger Moore and raise you a Carlo Ancelotti:

I’m going ALL IN .. though I only have a pair!

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    I use to own this I assume Pulse Code went bust here’s hoping better luck to MiRack.

One of the 'problems' I had with Pulse Code Inc. apps was that they tended to hijack the 'AudioShare Import'.
    Meaning tapping on 'Import From AudioShare' in an app launched a random Pulsecode Inc. app...

Boom 808 & 909 still remain as one of the best options for emulating those boxes and I would not mind seeing them as AUv3's but that's highly unlikely to happen (Last time I tried to get in touch with them the mail just bounced back to me so I gave up).

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

One of the 'problems' I had with Pulse Code Inc. apps was that they tended to hijack the 'AudioShare Import'.
    Meaning tapping on 'Import From AudioShare' in an app launched a random Pulsecode Inc. app...

Boom 808 & 909 still remain as one of the best options for emulating those boxes and I would not mind seeing them as AUv3's but that's highly unlikely to happen (Last time I tried to get in touch with them the mail just bounced back to me so I gave up).

Just found it in my back catalogue still works shame it didn’t have mini in IAA gen only.

• @Jumpercollins said:

Just found it in my back catalogue still works shame it didn’t have mini in IAA gen only.

I recall it creates a virtual Midi Port just like Boom 808 & 909?
    (I don't have it installed on my device).

• @bert said:

@jipumarino said:

Is hardware Eurorack maybe something for you then?

Oh please no :P
    I don't really have the physical space, money, or justification for that kind of investment. I do like VCV Rack though, I think the combination of flexibility, availability of pre-packaged modules and a clearly defined form factor (as opposed to Audulus, for example) is really important. I'm eager to see how does MiRack look like.

• Excited for this :)

• I wonder if it will be possible to connect a DC-coupled audio interface to the iPad and miRack in order to give the iPad CV in/out and interface virtual modules with a Behringer Neutron or a Moog Grandmother, for example.

• Awesome, hoping it's an AUv3. This coupled with Drambo would be seriously wicked.

• I am pleased.

• I wonder how MiRack will support 3rd party VCV libraries. Do we know if it will just sync with people's VCV accounts?

• @ohwell said:
    I wonder how MiRack will support 3rd party VCV libraries. Do we know if it will just sync with people's VCV accounts?

In the 3rd picture on the web page it shows a list of companies/developers, and how many modules of each there are.

Prettyy, prettyyy good!

• edited September 2019

@ohwell said:
    I wonder how MiRack will support 3rd party VCV libraries. Do we know if it will just sync with people's VCV accounts?

From the GitHub project page:

VCVRack plugins are source-compatible with miRack. There may be issues with individual plugins, but the ultimate goal is to maintain source code compatibility. However plugins are not binary-compatible, so closed-source plugins are not supported. This is unlikely to change in the future, although existing binaries would not work on ARM-based boards anyway.
    Some plugins have been forked to include optimisations and tweaks.

No info that I've seen on syncing with VCV Rack accounts, or any user-loading of modules otherwise in regards to iOS. Theoretically, it could come preloaded with all of the fully compatible open source modules.

• @mogue said:
    No info that I've seen on syncing with VCV Rack accounts, or any user-loading of modules otherwise in regards to iOS. Theoretically, it could come preloaded with all of the fully compatible open source modules.

It kind of seems like that would have to be the case anyway, cause Apple would never allow purchase of rack plugins without taking their share. Unless it was like how stuff like Netflix and Hulu works. I dunno. Just spitballing

• edited September 2019

Imo one of the most underrated module synths on IOS is KQ MiniSynth. I never hear anyone talk about it but I think it’s really nice and it’s also an Audio Unit.

• @Strizbiz said:
    Imo one of the most underrated module synths on IOS is KQ MiniSynth. I never hear anyone talk about it but I think it’s really nice and it’s also an Audio Unit.

Yeah, let’s talk about. its a classic modular synth with all great patching features. absolute worth to checking them out.

KQ MiniSynth von Ryouta Kira

• edited September 2019

I look at that screenshot and I think - where is OSC A !? I see B, I see B(2) .......

• I'm waiting for @JohnnyGoodyear to de-boffin this for us laypeople.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm waiting for @JohnnyGoodyear to de-boffin this for us laypeople.

I got your boffinhood right here baby...

:)

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@kinkujin said:
    I look at that screenshot and I think - where is OSC A !? I see B, I see B(2) .......

OSC-B refers to the module type, not instance name. There’s an Oscillator Type A (Frequency Modulation) and Oscillator Type B (Pulse Width Modulation). B)

Damn. I’m gonna have to buy this one even though I have no need whatsoever for it. Then I’ll have to get the one in the OP when it comes out too.

I need help.