Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Machines on the horizon. Elliott Garage EG Pulse or 4pockets ?

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

Hi there guys.
We are close to the release of two good drum machines.
I used to loved using BeatHawk but having to use a pc to import files every time is long, there is also an issues with Cubasis and BeatHawk not working properly so I had to uninstall the app.
That been said, which of the two will you be getting and why ?
For me, since I love being mobile, it’s fundamental that the app has the option to copy files to and from the apps folder, so Files app integration, that It works good with Cubasis and that I can preview a sample before loading it onto a pad especially in AUv3 mode.
Oh and no iCloud import as default 🤣

1. EG Pulse seems to be right, with the drag and drop option, I could just not move my sample folders. all I’d need to do is to bring up Files app choose my folder, preview samples and drag the ones I like.
  2. 4pockets Drummer also looks good and it has quite a lot of features, but I only heard him say iTunes import, which makes me think that could be the only way to transfer files to the app (please correct me if I’m wrong).

Comments

• edited September 2019

Is there more information about the 4pockets app? Never heard of them crafting drum apps :)

Sorry it’s appearently this one here
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34701/digistix-by-4pockets-soon-to-be-released#latest

• Uno tempted by EG Pulse, maybe buy as well as 4Pockets DigiStix. Like to know more about both.

• @david_2017 said:
    Is there more information about the 4pockets app? Never heard of them crafting drum apps :)

Sorry it’s appearently this one here
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34701/digistix-by-4pockets-soon-to-be-released#latest

Yeah it’s that one.☺️

• edited September 2019

I realize you left out the “Both” option probably to stir conversation and I respect that. For me, getting the right drum track is crucial to getting any of my songs going, so I already have every drum app I can get. Two more will be a good day for me, both of these have great features, and drums is just a part of my overall appoholism

• Both 😊

@Paa89 You don't need a pc to import files to Beathawk, you can use icloud drive.

• @White said:
    Both 😊

@Paa89 You don't need a pc to import files to Beathawk, you can use icloud drive.

There is an issue with that too.what if I don’t have data or WiFi at hand ?☺️
    Being mobile is being able to get things done on the go to me

• @White said:
    Both 😊

Yeah, 'iCloud Drive' can be seen as 'Document Picker' / 'Files.app' on > iOS11 :)

I love how Apple has messed up the function descriptions like there's no tomorrow hahaha...

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I realize you left out the “Both” option probably to stir conversation and I respect that. For me, getting the right drum track is crucial to getting any of my songs going, so I already have every drum app I can get. Two more will be a good day for me, both of these have great features, and drums is just a part of my overall appoholism

Interesting, but in case you had to choose where would you gravitate too?

• edited September 2019

Tough question, because both developers are personal favorites of mine. I’m really liking what I see in the EG drum machine incredible stuff. But man I’ve got 973 apps from 4Pockets, and this might be his best yet. EG is an instabuy for me for sure. But I bet you the 4Pockets drum will be released before I finish typing this, so I’ll probably get it first!

• @Samu said:

@White said:
    Both 😊

Yeah, 'iCloud Drive' can be seen as 'Document Picker' / 'Files.app' on > iOS11 :)

I love how Apple has messed up the function descriptions like there's no tomorrow hahaha...

I see people regularly misunderstanding iCloud on this forum. Stuff is stored on your device then synced to iCloud generally so you hardly ever need an internet connection. And like you point out, you can get to the ‘on this device’ bit through the files app by clicking locations on anything that supports ‘import from iCloud’.

Every app should do what audiolayer does with iCloud IMO.

• I see that the EG app is universal. What about 4pockets drum machine?

• @gregsmith said:

I got fed up with AudioLayer and deleted it since it kept constantly re-downloading the patches I had created and the sync to my Mac never worked properly (ie. I never got the Audio Layer folder under iCloud on my Mac which would have made it easier to sync files, I did get the Audio Layer folder in my iPhone and in Safari, but not on the Mac).

And how fun is it on a scale of 1-10 to see the 'download dialogue when changing presets?! Like Minus 'Never Again GTFO' LOL.

No thanks, I'd rather keep everything on device in case the network is down :)

• @gregsmith said:

@Samu said:

@White said:
    Both 😊

I see people regularly misunderstanding iCloud on this forum. Stuff is stored on your device then synced to iCloud generally so you hardly ever need an internet connection. And like you point out, you can get to the ‘on this device’ bit through the files app by clicking locations on anything that supports ‘import from iCloud’.

I just tried turning off WiFi and tried to preview a sample and it says i need to be connected to internet.

• @Paa89 said:

I just tried turning off WiFi and tried to preview a sample and it says i need to be connected to internet.

'On My iPad' is reliable while 'iCloud Drive' is a hit or miss depending on if the file/files are on the device or not...
    ...and we as users have no control when iOS flushes out the files to make room for other stuff on the device.

• edited September 2019

@Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

'On My iPad' is reliable while 'iCloud Drive' is a hit or miss depending on if the file/files are on the device or not...
    ...and we as users have no control when iOS flushes out the files to make room for other stuff on the device.

Ah ok it must be my misunderstanding.

I’ve not had problems but not had any large audiolayer patches and always have plenty of space on my device so don’t seem to get the flushing issue.

Just tried putting it in aeroplane mode, opened the files app and opened 20 random files from my music folder on iCloud. All played back instantly.

• I’m sure I’ll have both, cause app whore syndrome.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Both.

Yes, let's be honest!

• @gregsmith said:

@Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

Ah ok it must be my misunderstanding.

I’ve not had problems but not had any large audiolayer patches and always have plenty of space on my device so don’t seem to get the flushing issue.

Just tried putting it in aeroplane mode, opened the files app and opened 20 random files from my music folder on iCloud. All played back instantly.

I had terrible issues with iCloud storage with AudioLayer with my old Air2 with 32gig storage. Once I moved to my new iPad with 128 gig storage I've had zero issues with AudioLayer.

• MIDI out critical for me, also I like full screen apps that fit cleanly without scrolling. So I’m going to start with 4pockets

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Both.
    Cause EG is awesome, and 4Pockets are awesome.

• For me, probability > Midi out so I’m goin EG first.

• @Shabudua said:
    For me, probability > Midi out so I’m goin EG first.

Octachron already does this.

• Ok it’s been confirm by Paul that Digisix has Files app integration.this is going to be fun

• @Paa89 said:
    Ok it’s been confirm by Paul that Digisix has Files app integration.this is going to be fun

Nice!!

• i wonder, is 16 steps the limit on 4 pockets? it so hard to decide between both apps.

• @eross said:
    i wonder, is 16 steps the limit on 4 pockets? it so hard to decide between both apps.

I think it's 64 steps if you look at the screenshots of the 4pockets thing.

• oh awesome. thanks @Samu > @Samu said:

@eross said:
    i wonder, is 16 steps the limit on 4 pockets? it so hard to decide between both apps.

I think it's 64 steps if you look at the screenshots of the 4pockets thing.