Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiStix by 4Pockets - LIVE!!!!

edited September 2019 in General App Discussion

From 4Pockets:

“Checkout the preview of our soon to be released DigiStix plugin... anyone looking for a dedicated AUv3 drum sampler / sequencer should check this one out! “

Comments

• edited September 2019

4Pockets number one developer. Never let down. :) Question. Can incoming sample to record come from other app, like synth?

• does it work in stand alone as well ?

• edited September 2019

OMG wait ages for a next gen drum maschine AU app and 2 come along at once. It’s a race now to see which one gets out the door first. Apparently this. Is planned for next week so may will be out before EG Pulse.

• Talking to the dev, looped samples can be time stretched to the current tempo specify the beat length then convert the sample also has a retrigger option. So you can import loops and mix them with standard one shot samples.

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Talking to the dev, looped samples can be time stretched to the current tempo specify the beat length then convert the sample also has a retrigger option. So you can import loops and mix them with standard one shot samples.

Are you sure? The video says it doesn’t time stretch.

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Talking to the dev, looped samples can be time stretched to the current tempo specify the beat length then convert the sample also has a retrigger option. So you can import loops and mix them with standard one shot samples.

Video states no time stretch, currently. Maybe planned?

• 4pockets are quite cunning it’s like they now have a big LEGO box that they can repackage into lots of different apps

• Sounds very interesting. I understand there is no possibility to easily share drum kit "a la Patterning" and apparently no link to drum kit stores...It is maybe not important if you have a solid and well organised collection of samples but if like me you have a mess in your files folders, then it can really help to have some "help" there...

• edited September 2019

Oh man this looks incredible.
    And time stretching has been added according to YouTube description.

• Yes indeed. The era of the AU drum machine. and this time MIDI out...so I’m in.

• Published on 11 Sep 2019
    This is a preview of the soon to be released AUv3 Instrument plugin DigiStix. It is essentially a drum sequencer / sampler which allows you to create your own drum kits and use them with the built in sequencer to create patterns or even complete songs. Drum Pads can be mapped to external MIDI equipment and controlled over MIDI. DigiStix is designed to run right inside your DAW and sync to the host.

NOTE: Since recording this video I have added some new features specific to looping such as Time Stretching loops to match the tempo and retrigger options.

So it does ....

• This looks great too !

• @realdawei said:
    Yes indeed. The era of the AU drum machine. and this time MIDI out...so I’m in.

Yes. Will buy on release. So far no reply to question as to EG Pulse getting midi out.

• edited September 2019

@BiancaNeve said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Are you sure? The video says it doesn’t time stretch.

@BiancaNeve I asked Paul The Musicman on U Tube comments reference Timestretch and he came back with this answer.

He planning also to do a specific u tube video about it.

• I love 4Pockets, but doesn’t anyone else find their knobs really awkward? For me, they seem to jump around a lot, ie they don’t turn smoothly..

• Wow, out of nowhere. 4pockets is crushing it. Name a type of a app and they have it.

• This will be a good companion to Chameleon :)

• BTW how do you guys reach out for support to 4pockets?

No email mentioned in app store/Website?

the last app I purchased Vocal harmoniser/Soloist did not work well at all for me in cubasis

The moment I added had CPU spikes or Crashes

• @gdog said:
    I love 4Pockets, but doesn’t anyone else find their knobs really awkward? For me, they seem to jump around a lot, ie they don’t turn smoothly..

Yes thats true .... Visual EQ console is a good example

Thats having said DDMF knobies are even worse ( not the apps though)

• edited September 2019

@gdog said:
    I love 4Pockets, but doesn’t anyone else find their knobs really awkward? For me, they seem to jump around a lot, ie they don’t turn smoothly..

Have you tried drag up and down instead of trying to turn them? I find that works best

• @Samu said:
    This will be a good companion to Chameleon :)

Maybe they will add time stretch to chameleon now since they have done it here

• edited September 2019

Looks good - hope it gets slice to pads & seems only has one Bank and hope you can record direct into it via external soundcard/mic. Also Swing? Will purchase though.

• @hisdudeness just checked DDMF Envelope, totally agree the movement is pretty jank!
    @realdavidai yes I have, still isn’t smooth imo

Here’s hoping they fix this in their new app, and update their old ones..

• @kobamoto said:
    does it work in stand alone as well ?

hahaha How the tides have turned...no longer are we asking is it AUv3 ? :D

• edited September 2019

Wow. Really full featured Drum Machine. Love 4Pockets apps.

I feel that a Serato styled AUv3 app is just around the corner from someone. It’s so close now.

• @stormywaterz said:

@Samu said:
    This will be a good companion to Chameleon :)

Maybe they will add time stretch to chameleon now since they have done it here

Yah, I was wondering that too.

• Time signatures? Probability?

• Looks really good, like a mix of GarageBand drum sequencer and Gadget Bilbao, with audio edition and time stretch/looping features. Are there also mutation/probability capabilities? Like GB drum seq or Rozeta stuff?

• @yowza said:
    Time signatures? Probability?

The video includes mention of different time signatures, including different times per section in song mode. No mention of probability in the video.

• Yes probability is a must have from today’s iOS music making standards IMO.