Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Music?

Whats the deal?

You have it?

Can you still say import to Audioshare?

What service(music) do use then?

Comments

• I tried Apple music for a month for the sole purpose of trying to import music from there. Unless you purchased a track outright via iTunes first, Apple blocks you from transferring the music you didn't purchase (but rather only rented via the subscription). Needless to say, I stuck with ol' reliable Spotify. Taylor Swift would've been a reason to stick to Apple music back then, but since I'm not a "Swiftee"...

• Using Apple Music family and its a great service. Me is using Tidal hifi as well, because its lossless audio. But none of them let you sample through AB or AS - no IAA.

• Well here's one Kludgy way...

fire up and play itunes on iOS device
    plug Headphone (3.5) out of iOS device into your Audio Interface
    Plug Behringer Line2USB out of your Audio interface into your USB Hub hosted by Mac.
    Plug iOS device into USB Hub via Lightning-to-USB
    Launch StudioMux on iOS device & Server on Mac.
    Open AudioBus and Select StudioMux as an input and AUM (or other recorder as Output)
    Open AUM and set up an input Channel to Record from the AudioBus Output (disable Audio Output/Monitoring).
    Open a StudioMux FX instance in a capable Host on the Mac (I'm using Audio Hijack here) configured like so (basically a virtual Audio I/O here): Make Sure your I/O Channels are correct. Adjust Volumes.
    In StudioMux should now be seeing an Audio Stream In/Out . Hit Record on AUM and you're good to go.

Eh... works great, if you happen to have compatible setup.

• I still buy albums I like on iTunes and pay an additional $25 per year for iTunes Match to have my record collection in the cloud. Anything I own that's not in the iTunes Store (demos, bootlegs, etc.) is uploaded to the cloud from my music files. I won't pay for any streaming service.

• Having not had a streaming service for a long time I used it for the trial just because there was a game that integrated it. It was OK.

Currently using Spotify and happy with it. I have djay Pro which has tight integration.

Blissfully ignorant of the politics of such services though ... are they ripping off the artists? No idea. I still support in other ways so I guess it evens out ...

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Having not had a streaming service for a long time I used it for the trial just because there was a game that integrated it. It was OK.

Currently using Spotify and happy with it. I have djay Pro which has tight integration.

Blissfully ignorant of the politics of such services though ... are they ripping off the artists? No idea. I still support in other ways so I guess it evens out ...

@supanorton said:
    I still buy albums I like on iTunes and pay an additional $25 per year for iTunes Match to have my record collection in the cloud. Anything I own that's not in the iTunes Store (demos, bootlegs, etc.) is uploaded to the cloud from my music files. I won't pay for any streaming service.

@Aud_iOS said:
    Well here's one Kludgy way...

Plug Behringer Line2USB out of your Audio interface into your USB Hub hosted by Mac.
    Open AudioBus and Select StudioMux as an input and AUM (or other recorder as Output)
    Open AUM and set up an input Channel to Record from the AudioBus Output (disable Audio Output/Monitoring).
    Open a StudioMux FX instance in a capable Host on the Mac (I'm using Audio Hijack here) configured like so (basically a virtual Audio I/O here): Make Sure your I/O Channels are correct. Adjust Volumes.
    In StudioMux should now be seeing an Audio Stream In/Out . Hit Record on AUM and you're good to go.

@Aud_iOS said:
    Well here's one Kludgy way...

@Heiliger_Bimbam said:
    Using Apple Music family and its a great service. Me is using Tidal hifi as well, because its lossless audio. But none of them let you sample through AB or AS - no IAA.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I tried Apple music for a month for the sole purpose of trying to import music from there. Unless you purchased a track outright via iTunes first, Apple blocks you from transferring the music you didn't purchase (but rather only rented via the subscription). Needless to say, I stuck with ol' reliable Spotify. Taylor Swift would've been a reason to stick to Apple music back then, but since I'm not a "Swiftee"...

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I tried Apple music for a month for the sole purpose of trying to import music from there. Unless you purchased a track outright via iTunes first, Apple blocks you from transferring the music you didn't purchase (but rather only rented via the subscription). Needless to say, I stuck with ol' reliable Spotify. Taylor Swift would've been a reason to stick to Apple music back then, but since I'm not a "Swiftee"...

Oh my god the new single released yesterday is abominable. After 1989 and now this, she's definitely in way over her head. A shame, she had so much promise at one time. Fearless was an awesome album.

• edited August 2017

I have it and love it. I've got 1000s of vinyl albums and 1000s of CD and more than a few online albums I've bought from Apple, Amazon, direct from the artist, etc. My iTunes music lib is over 1.5GB on an external drive and I still was always looking for stuff I didn't have SMH. Just too much of a pain in the butt to manage and deal with it all. Oh yea, and I spent a lot more the cast of a streaming service every year. With Apple Music I can listen to pretty much anything I want to still download all my favorites to my iPad. I play guitar and there are 100s of guitar backing tracks available as well. I typically don't ever import recorded songs into my own music so I can't help there.

I typically listen to music whenever I can, I'm disabled and can't work, so its a lot of the time and Apple music is awesome for that. I chose Apple because of the library size and because everything I have is Apple. :) Only thing I don't like is the lack of lossless streaming.

• I like the weekly personalised playlists that get better the more music you listen to. The family account is very reasonably priced, 6 people can listen for €15.

• I have had Apple Music since pretty much day one. If you are wrapped up into the Apple eco system it’s a pretty great service. If not I could see Spotify being the way to go. Like others have stated I use match as well to transfer anything over.

But to another point, yep.. all the streaming services are screwing artists. ( depending how you look at it) My last release (along with previous releases) had more people listening then I have had in 20 years of music making but i’m lucky to get a 10 dollar check a quarter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @supanorton said:
    I still buy albums I like on iTunes and pay an additional $25 per year for iTunes Match to have my record collection in the cloud. Anything I own that's not in the iTunes Store (demos, bootlegs, etc.) is uploaded to the cloud from my music files. I won't pay for any streaming service.

That’s it, demos, bootlegs and my own music make up a lot of my library so Match is essential.

• @AtticusL said:

@supanorton said:

That’s it, demos, bootlegs and my own music make up a lot of my library so Match is essential.

So I’ve searched for this but no luck. Is it an app? Where do I find it?

• Apple Music family plan here...got it so my parents could also stream.
    Dad uses Android and Apple Music works great on there as well along with Amazon Echo.

As far as Artists go...both Spotify and Apple Music pay phenomenally if you get on the right playlist(s)

• @Ben said:

@AtticusL said:

@supanorton said:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204146

• I recently moved from Amazon Music £79, to Apple Music £99/yr subscription & am v.happy!

I’ve uploaded my own music library (bought/not available on stores) to the cloud using iTunes on PC - I think the size was 6-7GBs & I was surprised how fast it uploaded 💫 Also, uploading new music is fast and easy, but does require a computer - I hope this changes in the future so you can do everything on your iOS device..

Thanks for reading, wishing you all the best! 😺🐬🌈

• I have the Family Plan also. I am aware that the day I stop paying I will loose all that music but it is nonetheless a great way to discover music. My daughter has a pretty good and wide musical taste and I want to believe it is because of Apple Music. I remember sitting with her one Saturday morning going through some of my favourite punk albums.

I don't know how it artists get paid for listenings. Tradition has it that they are often abused. If there was a similar subscription model on Bandcamp I would jump in but I admit, I'm not used to buy music anymore. I loose the physical thing, the sound quality, but I win on diversity, immediacy and portability.

Like @gdog I also have uploaded some of my purchased CD's to the cloud. Also some works I downloaded from the FreeMusicArchive.

Spotify doesn't interest me. Maybe Tidal because of losseless, but connectivity in my area is so limited that for the moment I stay on Apple universe.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Ben said:

@AtticusL said:

@supanorton said:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204146

Thanks for that.

• I like Spotify. Beatport and Juno records posts playlists in Spotify and then I get to mix them in Djay. It comes with Hulu for free so that’s maybe something to consider.