Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fugued Up

Here's a remix of @LinearLineman's Silver Fugue that I've been working on for a while.
Enjoy!

Comments

• Nicely done. I liked the bass and keyboard additions.

• I'm digging the added drums and matching rhythm instruments. How did you create the patterns? Finger drumming on pads or an app that generates odd meters? or in a piano roll MIDI editor by hand? Either way it sounds like a lot of work pulling this together to an existing project.

Lots of resonances with Odd Meter Prog Rock music... but mostly the precision of many Zappa ensembles.

• edited September 2019

@McD said:
    I'm digging the added drums and matching rhythm instruments. How did you create the patterns? Finger drumming on pads or an app that generates odd meters? or in a piano roll MIDI editor by hand? Either way it sounds like a lot of work pulling this together to an existing project.

Lots of resonances with Odd Meter Prog Rock music... but mostly the precision of many Zappa ensembles.

Wow, thank you very much!
    The only parts I've played on the piano keyboard were piano and orchestral strings.
    Drums and bass all painted into the piano roll - my next best alternative to writing scores for somebody like me who does not have a clue about scoring ;)
    I'm composing rhythm and bass in my head and just start painting when I think I should.
    And yes, I love both rhythmic groove and complexity. And odd meters at times (did I ever mention Rush? o:) )

• @rs2000 said:
    Drums and bass all painted into the piano roll

Interesting. What tool? Xequence, Cubasis or something else? Does it follow odd meters or do you just layer the rhythms on top of a strict 16 or 32 note per bar grid?

@rs2000 said:
    I love both rhythmic groove and complexity.

I love grooves and small doses of complexity. Great grooves are complex in subtle ways
    with ghosted notes, grace notes and the creative use of dynamics... very hard to sneak into
    most piano roll style tools. I'd like a piano roll that can present grids with optional 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 slots per beat. Selectable per beat and per instrument track. Then you could layer 3 against 4, etc. The only number divisible by those numbers is 420 so it would have to be built around a base grid of 420 slots per beat to be perfect. Jacob Collier was begging the Logic Pro developers to consider supporting more subdivision options but they already have a base grid number that can't accommodate these concepts of poly rhythms. To map 420 using a 16 note grid accurately (and I'd be willing to accept some slight inaccuracies as an alternative) you'd use 105 bars of 16 slots for 4 beats of 420 grid elements.

• Dream on @McD. Best get your tabla and sitar out.

• @McD said:

@rs2000 said:
    Drums and bass all painted into the piano roll

Interesting. What tool? Xequence, Cubasis or something else? Does it follow odd meters or do you just layer the rhythms on top of a strict 16 or 32 note per bar grid?

Sorry to say but when I have to work with linear audio and midi tracks, I'm using Logic X.
    I don't care about meters, If there's a 15/16 beat for example, I'm writing clips with 15 steps length and duplicate these. If the original audio track has been sequenced with a steady speed (and that's what @LinearLineman does, that way works well. I first enter the notes, then tweak individual note velocities to get the expression right.

@rs2000 said:
    I love both rhythmic groove and complexity.

I love grooves and small doses of complexity. Great grooves are complex in subtle ways
    with ghosted notes, grace notes and the creative use of dynamics... very hard to sneak into
    most piano roll style tools.

Not sure if I would agree, piano roll works just like that, if you consider velocity fine-tuning almost as important as the notes themselves. Logic has that very handy velocity tool that makes quick editing and previewing of single or grouped notes fast enough for my taste.
    The only other tool with similar editing speed that I know of is Xequence 2 but unfortunately I cannot work on audio tracks there.

• Give us some Fugued Up Muzak, treats you nice!

Awesome stuff!

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Give us some Fugued Up Muzak, treats you nice!

Awesome stuff!

😃 Glad you like it!

• Really enjoyable! Congrats to you both!

• Awesome! Great remix!

• @rs2000 is currently vacationing.... indeed he has a lot of talent. Thanks @theconnactic, glad you are back to your prolific self.

• edited September 2019

Interesting Rs2000 and Lineman approach Fugue Machine from own perspective. This essence of creativity.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000 is currently vacationing.... indeed he has a lot of talent. Thanks @theconnactic, glad you are back to your prolific self.

Fresh from the holidays - no music today but a sunset shot from a high mountain on one of the canary islands. Went up there just for framing the sunset.

• Thank you guys for all you motivating comments. They keep me going even stronger :smiley: