Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

confirmation AUM doesn't save IAA App states?

Just need to confirm that AUM Mixer does not save the state of an IAA app in a session?

Been setting up with AUV3 apps to date, but have just tried using an IAA for the first time, and AUM does not seem to save what ever was set in the app. I actually need to go back to it and manually load the preset I want. App in question is Sampletank. Although ST does not usually play well with other iOS apps so maybe the fault is in it and not AUM??

Comments

• Nope not in AUM.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Correct. IAA doesn't have state-saving, so that's not possible for AUM, or any host other than Audiobus to do.

If IAA apps incorporate Audiobus' state-saving software library, then they can save their state in Audiobus, only. Not all apps do this though. Sampletank is one that does not.

• coolio thx wim. As I wrote I just needed confirmation so I didn't go crazy trying to figure it!! IK have stated that they will update their apps to AUv3, however I daresay they will do nothing until they REALLY have to (it is IK after all hahaha!) which I imagine would be much closer to iOS 13 time!

• @wim said:
    Correct. IAA doesn't have state-saving, so that's not possible for AUM, or any host other than Audiobus to do.

If IAA apps incorporate Audiobus' state-saving software library, then they can save their state in Audiobus, only. Not all apps do this though. Sampletank is one that does not.

Which makes it useless for me as part of a live keyboard rig..
    Strange that they updates syntronik for auv3 but not sampletank

On the website of audiobus you can find which apps support which protocols.