Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gentle breeze

More Cracklefield experiments
Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• Gentle Breeze is my third favorite Luis Bonfa song!

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Gentle Breeze is my third favorite Luis Bonfa song!

Did you mean Gentle Rain, that is what google presented me with?
    A great musician...
    No new titles under the sun.
    Did you like my track?

• Nice piano piece. Gentle indeed, put me in a peaceful moment. Curious if this is an iOS app, recorded by hand or some other algorithmic means?
    For critique, maybe the piece could use a harmonic change in the middle to offer some variety.
    Thanks for posting!

• @audiorangutan said:
    Nice piano piece. Gentle indeed, put me in a peaceful moment. Curious if this is an iOS app, recorded by hand or some other algorithmic means?
    For critique, maybe the piece could use a harmonic change in the middle to offer some variety.
    Thanks for posting!

Thanks for your comments.
    Initially created using a sequencer inside Kontakt called "Cracklefield" and then play using Live 9.
    The sounds come from Atom again inside kontakt.
    Cracklefield is an amazing sequencer the best I have ever found. It is grid based from 8X9 squares to64X64 squares.
    I designed my own sequencer/patterns in cracklefield and then moved the generated notes around inside Live 9. I am not a musicain but I am an artist and as of late found this soothes my soul. Cheers.

If you have Live 9 and Kontakt then I highly reccommend.

• edited September 2019

@Metalman Hey that Cracklefield does look very fun! Wow, so knowing that, I listened back through Gentle Breeze and, for “not being a musician”, you made some pretty interesting music involving complex chords with that tool. My second listen through, I did notice more harmonic changes than before, and several different motifs that could be developed. Maybe I’m thinking some additional instrumentation to add interest over the length of the piece.
    Thanks for turning me on to the Cracklefield! I’m stuck on touchscreen music making at the moment, but when I dust off the Ableton again, I’ll check it out.

• @audiorangutan said:
    @Metalman Hey that Cracklefield does look very fun! Wow, so knowing that, I listened back through Gentle Breeze and, for “not being a musician”, you made some pretty interesting music involving complex chords with that tool. My second listen through, I did notice more harmonic changes than before, and several different motifs that could be developed. Maybe I’m thinking some additional instrumentation to add interest over the length of the piece.
    Thanks for turning me on to the Cracklefield! I’m stuck on touchscreen music making at the moment, but when I dust off the Ableton again, I’ll check it out.

Many thanks for your wonderful comments. Yes Cracklefield is amazing. Are you on Soundcloud? If so love to check out your work? Do you work with Midi? Are you a trained musician? Yes for Breeze and others on my Soundcloud were created with Cracklefield but then finding the hidden mofits in the song. Max for live also has many wonderful free libraries and I use them to manipulate the midi. It is funny really that the songs I presently produce are mellow and relaxing when the music I really loce is more electronic or gothic. Maybe we could do a colabouration or something? I could prehaps create a new set of sequencers and then you could dig in a find motifs. Which Daw do you use on IOS? Sorry enough questions. Take care.... Colin

• Interesting sound, very crystalline...

• @theconnactic said:
    Interesting sound, very crystalline...

Glad you enjoyed thanks for your comments

• @Metalman Yeah I was thinking it might be fun to comb through some of your midi files! I have the most fun using starting material not generated by me. I used to spend a lot of time tinkering with algorithmic music generators. Since you asked about my soundcloud, here is one where the bass and electric piano part, as well as the chord changes, came from one such experiment done in Ableton:

As far as my DAW goes, it’s a hybrid iOS setup. Starting with Xequence and genome for midi manipulation, feeding AUM which houses and mixes/records the synths, all run by me from a control surface built in MidiDesigner. Oh, and we have the wonderful Rozeta for random midi generation.
    So I could totally make use of your midi files. Hook a brother up with them Cracklefield files!

• W> @audiorangutan said:

@Metalman Yeah I was thinking it might be fun to comb through some of your midi files! I have the most fun using starting material not generated by me. I used to spend a lot of time tinkering with algorithmic music generators. Since you asked about my soundcloud, here is one where the bass and electric piano part, as well as the chord changes, came from one such experiment done in Ableton:

As far as my DAW goes, it’s a hybrid iOS setup. Starting with Xequence and genome for midi manipulation, feeding AUM which houses and mixes/records the synths, all run by me from a control surface built in MidiDesigner. Oh, and we have the wonderful Rozeta for random midi generation.
    So I could totally make use of your midi files. Hook a brother up with them Cracklefield files!

Wicked Track but my favourite is Destroy the machine. What genre would you place that in?
    How can I get some files to you?
    Dropbox is that best?

• @Metalman Destroy the Machine was me emulating Rage Against The Machine, inspired by a sound I found in FM8.
    For this experiment I want to find some natural orchestral instrument sounds to start with. I’ll need some advise on which app to use. Maybe just a sound font player?

• @audiorangutan said:
    @Metalman Destroy the Machine was me emulating Rage Against The Machine, inspired by a sound I found in FM8.
    For this experiment I want to find some natural orchestral instrument sounds to start with. I’ll need some advise on which app to use. Maybe just a sound font player?

I use Atom lbraries for Kontakt they are very good and cheap. Spitfire audio for some free ones.