Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Event Sept 10, 2019

Might as well get the thread started early. What are you looking forward to today? Do you plan to upgrade to a new iPhone? What are you dreading? 💩

Comments

• Samplr included in Garage Band update, maybe?

• What I'm dreading most is the announcement, "You've all been asking for the headphone jack to return, we have listened, and we have done it. Welcome to the new iPhone and iPad Audio editions complete with stereo 1/4 inch headphone jack ! "
    Tim Cook then forgets he is mic'ed up, sniggers and is heard to mumble "That'll teach the wingeing f%$*£r$"

• I’m well past needing every new iphone. Still happy with 6s. Since then it’s all been small improvements and some things I consider worse ( brave removal of headphone socket and faceid for example)

• I'm dreading (and looking forward) to Apple sensory and network implants.
    DON"T LOOK IF YOU"D PREFER TO BE SURPRIZED AT THE KEYNOTE:

iSee (Apple contact lenses or cornea implants)
    i Hear (Apple hearing aids or cochlial implants)
    iThink (Apple Brain implants)
    iSmell (with optional Smell-o-vision - like small cancelling technology similar to "StinkAround")
    iTouch (starting with the iGloves but hints of the iSkin full body suit with 3D haptics)
    iSing (with IAP's for 100 famous voices)
    iTaste (with the touch protectors films networked with iBrain implants using "iNerve of It" really local area network)

But... maybe not yet.

• edited September 2019

Personally I've been having some issues with the lightening port on my iPhoneX not always charging or connecting to my laptop, so I'm definitely planning on upgrading. Really hoping the new phones have usb-c instead of lightening, since everything else I have is USB-c now.

• Release date for iOS13/iPadOS & Mojave.
    The rumoured 9.7" replacement with 10.2" screen, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB-C.
    Obligatory updates to Apple apps, keynote, numbers, pages, garageband, imovie, photos etc. etc.

As for the iPhones, my iPhone 8 is still doing it's duties more than well enough :)

Will be interesting to see if Renoise 3.2 runs on Mojave so I'll likely wait with the update on my MacBook Air.
    There's also a bunch of control software that are not 64-bit which will not run on Mojave.
    Things like iRig Pads edit, Akai's whole bunch of LPK editor apps etc. etc. etc.

• @Tarekith said:
    Personally I've been having some issues with the lightening port on my iPhoneX not always charging or connecting to my laptop,

I find this surprising. From my experience the Lightning Port is extremely robust, while I have heard people do have problems with the USB-C port ( not specifically on Apple hardware... but still).
    That said, I am a big fan of seeing upgraded ports for iPhone, mostly for transfer speeds (goodbye USB 2.0 speeds! Please Apple!)

• @Samu said:
    Release date for iOS13/iPadOS & Mojave.
    The rumoured 9.7" replacement with 10.2" screen, 3.5mm headphone jack and USB-C.
    Obligatory updates to Apple apps, keynote, numbers, pages, garageband, imovie, photos etc. etc.

As for the iPhones, my iPhone 8 is still doing it's duties more than well enough :)

Will be interesting to see if Renoise 3.2 runs on Mojave so I'll likely wait with the update on my MacBook Air.
    There's also a bunch of control software that are not 64-bit which will not run on Mojave.
    Things like iRig Pads edit, Akai's whole bunch of LPK editor apps etc. etc. etc.

You mean Catalina?

• @jipumarino said:

You mean Catalina?

Yepp, sorry for the mixup...

Even though an app is 64-bit it may use carbon and those apps will not work on Catalina...
    (Need to see if I can find some kind of 'catalina app compatiblity checker')

• I’m expecting Tim Apple to introduce Intua to the stage for a demonstration of BM4 pro with haptic feedback on the latest iPad pros that models the feel of various vintage MPCs pads.

• @Hmtx said:

@Tarekith said:
    Personally I've been having some issues with the lightening port on my iPhoneX not always charging or connecting to my laptop,

I find this surprising. From my experience the Lightning Port is extremely robust, while I have heard people do have problems with the USB-C port ( not specifically on Apple hardware... but still).
    That said, I am a big fan of seeing upgraded ports for iPhone, mostly for transfer speeds (goodbye USB 2.0 speeds! Please Apple!)

USB-C is a horrible port design, very flimsy.

• @Hmtx said:

I'm sure it's entirely my fault. I road and mtn bike multiple days a week, and my phone is always in my pocket getting sweaty, dusty, linty, etc. I have to clean out the port every few weeks, I'm sure it just got gunked up one too many times from the last couple of summers.

• @Tarekith said:

That happened on my last iPhone, in the end it wouldn’t connect or charge.

• @Tarekith said:

@Hmtx said:

I'm sure it's entirely my fault. I road and mtn bike multiple days a week, and my phone is always in my pocket getting sweaty, dusty, linty, etc. I have to clean out the port every few weeks, I'm sure it just got gunked up one too many times from the last couple of summers.

Sounds like Strava addiction :)

• Nah, f*ck Strava, I hate that KOM crap as I'm not at all competitive. I do use the Motion X GPS app to log my rides, but that's only for route finding and trying to figure out how to get home. I'm a big fan of Open Street Maps, and Motion X uses that as it's base layer.

Anyhoo.... 10 more minutes til the show starts.

• So far, they're talking about Apple arcade. Yawn.

• @klownshed said:
    I’m expecting Tim Apple to introduce Intua to the stage for a demonstration of BM4 pro with haptic feedback on the latest iPad pros that models the feel of various vintage MPCs pads.

Umm, how about Frogger?

• Never watch these things.. 10 minutes in, I remember why.. Corporate BS!! Everyone smiles.. everyone's happy.. talking about NOTHING... you couldn't pay me enough to be in that theater. BUT.. I do love my iPad and all the wonderful possibilities to create.. music, design, photos, video.. great stuff. I'll check back when the dust has settled..

• Has anyone been to these events? Is there something guests have to sign, like "I agree to applaud for everything..." makes me never want to have another apple product

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So far, they're talking about Apple arcade. Yawn.

Yea no kidding. A helpful shortcut on ipados is a long press on App Store to go straight to updates. Kinda unhelpful to replace the update tab with arcade, but they know what’s a money maker.

• Floating keyboard is cool for mozaicing :)

• Apple Watch saving lives.

• @bounce said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So far, they're talking about Apple arcade. Yawn.

Yea no kidding. A helpful shortcut on ipados is a long press on App Store to go straight to updates. Kinda unhelpful to replace the update tab with arcade, but they know what’s a money maker.

Exactly.

So, looks like they have a new entry level 10.2" iPad that starts at $329. a10 chip though, but interesting enough. Now they're on about the Apple Watch and have some sort of "heartstring tugging" story about how Apple Watch saved someone's life. :neutral:

What I'm waiting for is the announcement about the new iPhone lineup. My iPhone SE is on its last legs unfortunately, so I need to know how much the cheapest iPhone 11 will set me back.

• So iPad Air 2019, still holds the mid ground for music making ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    So iPad Air 2019, still holds the mid ground for music making ?

So it definitely would seem. It's about the best regular-sized iPad for music, hitting the sweet spot between the Pros and the entry-level ones.

• oh please god, let there be a new 11" widescreen MacBook Air!

• So they put the same cpu in the new iPad that they used in the previous one 1.5 years ago...
    👍

• @recccp said:
    So they put the same cpu in the new iPad that they used in the previous one 1.5 years ago...
    👍

Probably to keep the price low I'm guessing. 🤷‍♂️

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@recccp said:
    So they put the same cpu in the new iPad that they used in the previous one 1.5 years ago...
    👍

Probably to keep the price low I'm guessing. 🤷‍♂️

Cheap innovation :)

• Once the Appstore is up I'll check the specs of the 10.2" iPad, if it retains the 3.5mm jack and includes USB-C at $329 it will be hard to resist...