Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation

edited September 2019 in Other

Was there a secret plot to use Rap music to turn kids into criminals to make money?

This is the subject for today's wacky conspiracy:

http://www.hiphopisread.com/2012/04/secret-meeting-that-changed-rap-music.html

Comments

• No one ‘destroyed’ by Rap music. Some people destroy self, by being fuckwit. :)

• @UnoWoo said:
    No one ‘destroyed’ by Rap music. Some people destroy self, by being

I've worked in hip hop production.
    What Unowoo has said.
    True words.

• This is a crazy old myth that has been circulating around for so many years now. It is indeed a wack conspiracy. Only because they used other methods to turn kids (of color) into criminals. ;)

• Many would say that rap is the most radical mainstream musical form in generations. The notion that gangsta rap killed off other forms would surprise Pulitzer Prize winner Kendrick Lamar.

• it's only Tuesday...

• Rap has always been about tales of the streetlife: money, girls, drugs, guns...

This is from 1987: :)

'Me knew a crack dealer by the name of Peter
    Had to buck him down with my 9 millimeter
    He said I had his girl, I said "Now what are you? Stupid?"
    But he tried to play me out and KRS-One knew it

He reached for his pistol but it was just a waste
    'Cos my 9 millimeter was up against his face
    He pulled his pistol anyway and I filled him full of lead
    But just before he fell to the ground this is what I said

Wa da da dang, wa da da da dang, ay
    Listen to my 9 millimeter go bang....'

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Rap has always been about tales of the streetlife: money, girls, drugs, guns...

Example is tale of murder.

Uno prefer positive message of LL Cool J -

One half of me deserves to be this way till I'm old
    But the other half needs affection and joy
    And the warmth that is created by a girl and a boy
    .”

• @UnoWoo said:

@SlowwFloww said:

.”

I need luuuuvvvvvv.. :-)

• What about this one:

'Rollin' around with my 10-man crew
    Lookin' for a nigga that they call Boo
    He's a stick-up kid living on the block
    Stickin' up niggas out after dark
    He was fucking with my little brother the other night
    My brother said the punk cold took his bike
    I was mad and I was gettin' upset
    Got two clips with my nine and then jet
    And you can guess what I'm gonna do
    While I'm ridin' 'round with my crew
    I'mma blast that nigga, I'mma shoot that nigga
    I'mma smoke that nigga, I'mma do that nigga'

• Rap has always covered a diverse range of topics. IMO, people often get hung up on either what they hate or love when it is a rich diverse genre. And somehow people overlook how often pop and country and rock are steeped in misogyny, drugs, booze etc because they are expressed more politely--and that is often the point.

@SlowwFloww said:

• but in the real world, outside of the world of entertainment Arnold Schwarzenegger is both more violent and Misogynistic than KRS-One.

• I wonder if anyone ever blamed Gangsta Rap for the rise in road rage shooting incidents?
    Probably not, but maybe someone blamed Video Games, then?

If anything, Gangsta Rap must surely be to blame for the success of Will Smith and Queen Latifah, right?

;)

• @CracklePot said:
    I wonder if anyone ever blamed Gangsta Rap for the rise in road rage shooting incidents?

If anything, Gangsta Rap must surely be to blame for the success of Will Smith and Queen Latifah, right?

;)

well at least in the country I'm from, everybody knows that gangster rappers invented gangs, and crime. It's written in the constitution.

• edited September 2019

@SlowwFloww said:
    What about this one:

'Rollin' around with my 10-man crew

Song articulate anger well. Then drop into admission of planning murder. Not smart.

Am inspired more by words of Gil Scott-Heron in song B-Movie.

_"You don't need to be in no hurry.
    You ain't never really got to worry.
    And you don't need to check on how you feel.
    Just keep repeating that none of this is real.
    And if you're sensing, that something's wrong,
    Well just remember, that it won't be too long
    Before the director cuts the scene. yea."

"This ain't really your life,
    Ain't really your life,
    Ain't really ain't nothing but a movie."_

• @kobamoto said:
    but in the real world, outside of the world of entertainment Arnold Schwarzenegger is both more violent and Misogynistic than KRS-One.

:D

• @kobamoto said:

@CracklePot said:
    I wonder if anyone ever blamed Gangsta Rap for the rise in road rage shooting incidents?

;)

well at least in the country I'm from, everybody knows that gangster rappers invented gangs, and crime. It's written in the constitution.

So true.
    I saw ‘Gangs of New York’ as well.
    :D

• @UnoWoo said:

@SlowwFloww said:

.”

@espiegel123 said:
    Rap has always covered a diverse range of topics. IMO, people often get hung up on either what they hate or love when it is a rich diverse genre. And somehow people overlook how often pop and country and rock are steeped in misogyny, drugs, booze etc because they are expressed more politely--and that is often the point.

Again true on both points.

The rich diverse world of music culture needs more love not hate.

• @Gravitas said:

@UnoWoo said:

@SlowwFloww said:

.”

@espiegel123 said:
    Rap has always covered a diverse range of topics. IMO, people often get hung up on either what they hate or love when it is a rich diverse genre. And somehow people overlook how often pop and country and rock are steeped in misogyny, drugs, booze etc because they are expressed more politely--and that is often the point.

Again true on both points.

Dear Mama...

• @Gravitas said:

@Gravitas sees ‘big picture.’ B)

• @UnoWoo

Like sees like. 😎

• @SlowwFloww said:

That one was from BDP. Shortly after the release of that record Scott La Rock has been shot (one member of BDP) and this incident made KRS One change his mind about the whole Gangster rap thing and he became a leader in educating young people with his rap verses and founding the Temple of Hip Hop.

• Sheer evolution from Wild West. Same themes, updated weapons. Other than that I don’t think this white guy has a right to say much more.

• edited September 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Sheer evolution from Wild West. Same themes, updated weapons. Other than that I don’t think this white guy has a right to say much more.

Sad Lineman think colour is bar to comment. Is not best plan to seek what draws us together, not what keep us apart? We are all human.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Sheer evolution from Wild West. Same themes, updated weapons. Other than that I don’t think this white guy has a right to say much more.

Are you claiming ‘cultural appropriation’?
    ;)

• Please don't me make start typing out lyrics from Blues songs written before any of us were born....

• @UnoWoo said:

@LinearLineman said:

Sad Lineman think colour is bar to comment. Is not best plan to seek what draws us together, not what keep us apart? We are all human.

it has been said that criminality does not discriminate, and it's still only Tuesday :)

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Please don't me make start typing out lyrics from Blues songs written before any of us were born....

Heard someone say country music is white man blues. :) Point being, experience often same, just different place, time and angle.

• @UnoWoo Ignoring color is the problem. Color blindness does not exist. @LinearLineman is saying that his place in society and his personal experience is different and leaves him unable to elaborate too much on the experience of others who have a wholly different... uh... experience. Color is not a bar to comment. But color has been a historically defined line when it comes to what one experiences in the US.

• @UnoWoo said:
    No one ‘destroyed’ by Rap music. Some people destroy self, by being fuckwit. :)

True! +1

• Disagree @UnoWoo. The political and social implications are too deep. It is not about the genre, it is about the lyrical thrust. I’m a Jew... if you told me you thought Klezmer has too much clarinet, no problem. If I were a Jewboy rapper rapping about holocaust deniers being capped and you, a nonJew, chimed in about it being too violent, or even “right on. Shut those mfkrs up!” ... well, it’s problematic, right? Everybody has a right to fight their own fight, IMO. They don’t need me jumpin on or off their cultural bandwagon.