Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shaper : smart audio destroyer by K-Devices is on sale

Down from $5.99 to 0.99

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1151339601

Description
Shaper is a multi-fx processor that allows you to redefine or totally destroy any kind of source.

Shaper is perfect in any iOS music workflow:

• as stand alone app to process your outboard equipment
  • as inter-app audio in Aubiobus or other compatible daw apps as AUM, Modstep, GarageBand, and so on
  • Shaper is an Audio Unit Extension

Its clear, clean and minimal user interface lets you fall in love so fast with its potential, that after just few minutes of use you'll feel like it always been one of your favorite music production tools.
Its noise is your noise.

All you need to add a personal touch to your sounds is here. Emphasize your basslines working with waveshaper's sections blend and color, or increasing the clip's value (this works great also on drums and acoustic percussive sounds). Blow digital coldness to your synths going wild with S&M and Bits&Samps functions, or increasing wrap or fold values . Add unpredictable dynamic glitches thanks the exclusive gate.

HOW IT WORKS
Shaper is composed by several modules, that you can rearrange as you want:

• a glitch gate
  • a waveshaper section with 5 brand new inspiring functions: Muffin, Multistress, Cracker, S&M, Bits&Samps
  • a transform section with wave-clipper, wave-wrapper, wave-folder, and the new sFold function
  • a resonator/short delay, that can act as a comb filter too

You choose how to feed it and how to mix it with a gain and a dry/wet section. Two oscilloscopes display audio signals before and after processing: this gives you a realtime visual feedback about how you are morphing your sound wave.

Each parameter offers a range that lets you process the signal so slightly... Or so massively! Changing the order of modules in the chain, makes of Shaper an incredibly versatile sounds processor!

WAVESHAPING FUNCTIONS
The waveshaper module applies a shaping function to incoming signal. It's the timbral core of the audio process. Several functions are available: Muffin and Cracker applies a digital warming function with a distinction in the weight that noise takes in the wet signal. Multistress is a bit more fragmentes function, giving a more modulated FM-ish result. These three let user control the process via blend and color parameters. This helps you to apply a different dose of Shaper cure to your sound ;)

S&M is basically an amplitude modulation, driven by ramps; the length parameter here sets the frequency of these. This function brings a like-metal flavour… Raw digital power!

The last function Bits&Samps is a standard bit reducer.

MODULAR STRUCTURE
Shaper lets you work fast with gestures support:

• you want to rearrange modules? Just drag them as you prefer and create different chains for different needs
  • need instant reset to default value for a parameter? Just double tap on cursor
  • fine tuning? Just tap and hold the cursor, then drag it left or right to increase the resolution of your vertical dragging

Shaper is Audiobus presets and state saving compatible. It can also store its status while working in all major host-apps sets as AUM, Modstep, GarageBand, etc. You can also save internal presets, and share them with your collaborators easily.

Comments

• From the app description:

"- a waveshaper section with 5 brand new inspiring functions: Muffin, Multistress, Cracker, S&M, Bits&Samps"

Has to be the only iOS music app with a S&M function. Although a few other apps do cause me pain sometimes...

• Sorry, but I still snicker when I see the word "s&m function". This effect is worth it at $5.99, and now that it's $0.99, there's no excuse not to get it (unless you already have it). ;)

• This thing is so worth a measly buck.
    Unless you hate distortion.
    I paid the full 6 bucks, but I love distortion, so no complaints from me.

• Ok then. I’m gunna try it.

• Totally worth it. I think I paid about $2.99 for it on sale. Great distortion but also great tool to shape sounds as it’s name implies.

• I might have paid full price at some point, but it was still worth it. For a very simple interface, it packs a punch.

• Love this. Waveshapers are a distortion dream.

• Grabbed it. Excellent discount.

• edited September 2019

Highly recommended sound musher. I hope the funds are going to go towards some equally useful ios app and not to take a train away from the platform (see what I did there?). ;)

• edited September 2019

They've also added an oscilloscope and presets menu to the AU gui in the update :)
    I really hope they bring their other devices to iOS, they make some very original tools.

• @Carnbot i tried the new updated AU presets option. There is no way to add or browse. Have you or anyone had same issue?

• @CracklePot said:
    This thing is so worth a measly buck.

It does so much more than distortion. It does wave shaping.
    Glitch, gate, resonate, bit crush... sooo good.

• I love this plugin. But I’m a sucker for any distortion plugin, so there’s that.

• @audiblevideo said:

@CracklePot said:
    This thing is so worth a measly buck.

It does so much more than distortion. It does wave shaping.
    Glitch, gate, resonate, bit crush... sooo good.

True, but I consider all of those to be variations of ‘distortion’, in the general sense.
    This app is like an advanced distortion lab, with many methods and types to explore.
    I agree it is very good.

• Good find thanks.

• Yep, purchased this afternoon.

Waiting until the dark winter months and then I'm going to really delve in.
    I've got some 808 kick drum samples that will enjoy this.

Currently learning a guitar set for
    October so I ran the guitar through it.

Yep, it's going to be fun.

Thank you.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES the dev replied to my email about the no Au presets and said will be an easy fix to sort.

• Dig what this can do. Used it on Resonator part of the Spectrum suite. Post rock guitar like tones when paired with low pass filter.

• Just got it and really like the sounds, thanks for the heads up.

Is there a secret way to control the output volume? If you only have one knob on a distortion pedal, it should be volume. Yes you could turn the channel down in your host, but it is better to be able to do it in the effect, that way you can bypass it and not have to adjust the volume every time.

• @stormbeats said:
    @Carnbot i tried the new updated AU presets option. There is no way to add or browse. Have you or anyone had same issue?!

Yep same issue here.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Best distortion AU period. Worth 2x normal price. I’d feel dirty buying it this cheap!

• Shaper is still one of my absolute favorite sound thrashers in a very good and positive way.

I did notices that Shaper 2 was released for the desktop and man...
    ...I really wish to see it on iOS/iPadOS as well!
    https://k-devices.com/products/shaper2/

• Bought the bundle for desktop. Using it in vcv rack. I love it🤟🤟🤟

• Really hope we see their sequencers come to iOS, they're really good.

• @Samu said:
    Shaper is still one of my absolute favorite sound thrashers in a very good and positive way.

I did notices that Shaper 2 was released for the desktop and man...
    ...I really wish to see it on iOS/iPadOS as well!
    https://k-devices.com/products/shaper2/

Got this reply to a question to that effect: „ Let's say that we have under development multiple projects for porting some of our products to other platforms ;)

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

Got this reply to a question to that effect: „ Let's say that we have under development multiple projects for porting some of our products to other platforms ;)

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time :)

• Oh man, bargain of the year, this is a GREAT sounding plugin
    Can get such a massive, dirty sound

• Did I miss sale?