Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Joe Rogan interview Steve Aoki

Talks about his process and personal growth over his career.

Great interview.

Aoki is still humble as phuck. Cool dude, like his music or not.

Great businessman and entertainer.

Comments

• The music chat begins at 1:15:42

• Does he ask him about stealing software ?

• edited September 2019

@Turntablist said:
    Does he ask him about stealing software ?

hehe, probably not but I haven't listened to it all... here was his statement back in the day...

"It’s recently come to my attention that some fans on Reddit caught a screenshot of a pirated software plug-in from a recent Youtube clip I did with Linkin Park. To clear the air, I have owned the properly registered plug-in, Sylenth, for over 4 years now on my studio computer. I’ve included both the receipt and a screenshot of the actual plug-in below, purchased by my faithful assistant Jacob Lee. This is the computer I do all of my production on, including “A Light That Never Comes” with Linkin Park.

However, the honest truth is that screenshot is in fact of my road laptop (the laptop I DJ with). I go through 5 or 6 of them a year, usually purchasing them while on the road. After my last purchase, I had asked my road team to help me load in my production software and apparently they didn’t ask Jacob for the authorization code for Sylenth and installed a pirated version.

So my apologies go out to the good people at Lennar Digital and a big thank you to my fans that caught the mistake which has since been rectified.

Sincerely,
    Steve Aoki"

• @AudioGus said:

@Turntablist said:
    Does he ask him about stealing software ?

hehe, probably not but I haven't listened to it all... here was his statement back in the day...

"It’s recently come to my attention that some fans on Reddit caught a screenshot of a pirated software plug-in from a recent Youtube clip I did with Linkin Park. To clear the air, I have owned the properly registered plug-in, Sylenth, for over 4 years now on my studio computer. I’ve included both the receipt and a screenshot of the actual plug-in below, purchased by my faithful assistant Jacob Lee. This is the computer I do all of my production on, including “A Light That Never Comes” with Linkin Park.

However, the honest truth is that screenshot is in fact of my road laptop (the laptop I DJ with). I go through 5 or 6 of them a year, usually purchasing them while on the road. After my last purchase, I had asked my road team to help me load in my production software and apparently they didn’t ask Jacob for the authorization code for Sylenth and installed a pirated version.

So my apologies go out to the good people at Lennar Digital and a big thank you to my fans that caught the mistake which has since been rectified.

Sincerely,
    Steve Aoki"

A+ Damage control

• edited September 2019

Crazy. I not only went to High school with him he was also a buddy. He was a freshman when I was a senior. He used to go on snowboarding trips with us and we used to get him waisted. I remember when we all took acid together and when he finally passed out from drinking a ton of beer we war painted spectacles, a goatee, and sideburns on him with a permanent marker. When we were on the mountain the next day he couldn’t figure out why everybody he came across was laughing? That was 1992! He was way young but super cool and we all liked him a bunch.

• edited September 2019

@Morgman73 said:
    Crazy. I not only went to High school with him he was also a buddy. He was a freshman when I was a senior. He used to go on snowboarding trips with us and we used to get him waisted. I remember when we all took acid together and when he finally passed out from drinking a ton of beer we war painted spectacles, a goatee, and sideburns on him with a permanent marker. When we were on the mountain the next day he couldn’t figure out why everybody he came across was laughing? That was 1992! He was way young but super cool and we all liked him a bunch.

Hehe, I take it from your avatar the experience left you with a different impression?