Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Artists, Musician and Actors with arthritis. How do you cope and are you still creative?

I have arthritis. It effects my feet, knees, hip but worst of all my hands. As an actor/performer I am stuffed. As a Punch & Judy man I only do a couple of shows a year now, my hands feel like someones taken a hammer to them after a show which can only be performed with too many tablets. I have stopped ballon modeling and painting. The studio remains unoccuppied, it is only the Mac and my Ipad I use to create music that is saving my soul. Just wondered how many others are in my same boat and what they do to help battle against pain , create music or art and remain sane.
I wrote this piece as a refection and hopefully you can hear the melody slowly dissolving away.

Keep up the battle!

Comments

• First, I moved to Florida.

Second, I do work out and “try” to eat healthy.

I also take L Arginine for circulation. Fresh oxygen rich blood through the body is great for recovery and maintaining metabolic stability.

I find music helps me with it actually. But some nights it so rough.

Bio freeze(topical), Naproxen, I wear support belt while making music as well and try to stretch.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    First, I moved to Florida.

I also take L Arginine for circulation. Fresh oxygen rich blood through the body is great for recovery and maintaining metabolic stability.

Bio freeze(topical), Naproxen, I wear support belt while making music as well and try to stretch.

Yes, Rust, Florida sounds like a good move. Am in the UK not so good. I have moved to a Vegetarian Diet which has help my iron count, a part of my condition (iron in joints build up) I will try some L.
    Arginine sounds interesting.
    Yes nights are the worst.
    Cheers buddy take it easy.

• Flaxseed oil and glucosamine can help.

I was diagnosed with a mild form of arthritis in my mid twenties.
    Being careful with my diet and learning how to rest when I felt pain
    has meant that I can still play even now twenty years later.
    I also live in the U.K and the weather doesn't help but it can be overcome.
    Keep the joints as warm as possible and stretch before and after playing.
    Once you do that you can keep playing for along time despite the pain.

• Have you ever tried Kratom ?

• @reasOne said:
    Have you ever tried Kratom ?

What is Kratom?

• vovvov
    edited September 2019

I was diagnosed with a very mild (almost non existent as of now) arthritis, so I’m not sure if my advice would help you. Constant but light exercise (without statics or hitting) and avoiding colds and infections seem to help most. I’m also if favor of natural sources of glucose-amine and chondroitin.
    Oh, and I like to pull my fingers and all the other joints out of place so much. :smile: I wouldn’t generalize here, but it did no harm to me at all.

• edited September 2019

Google “Glucosamine and chondroiton. Doesn’t seem to work well.
    https://nccih.nih.gov/health/glucosaminechondroitin

• @Gravitas said:

@reasOne said:

What is Kratom?

Its a plant. I wouldn’t use it longterm though as it is very similar to an opioid and will give you constipation. Good for short term surgery recovery sort of stuff.

CBD may help.

• I can't help with the arthritis end, but on the musical side I would suggest taking up singing. I find it the most rewarding of musical endeavors (and I've done them all).

• Something along the lines of http://tinyurl.com/yxj5r3uh
    A high-grade Curcumin supplement can make a great difference in pain management/well-being.
    Not as sexy as Kratom but Curcumin works well for lots of folks.
    As mentioned, Cannabidiol is generally effective too.
    Good luck finding relief. :)

• edited September 2019

I have psoriatic arthritis and have been unable to work for the last 7 years. I have it quite badly in that it effects joints throughout my whole body due to a misdiagnosis and therefore a late attempt at treatment.
    Currently To minimise the symptoms of it I take a vitamin D supplement and for pain relief use Tramadol 3 to 4 times a day.
    I’ve also started to supplement my medication with a little weed as it certainly seems to help.
    Other than that the advice is as others have said, keep your joints warm and yourself warm and take gentle excercise while avoiding anything with any impact . I do find motivation a struggle these days as a lot of the time it’s such an effort to get going with a project however when it goes well it’s all the more rewarding.

• @AudioGus said:

@Gravitas said:

@reasOne said:

What is Kratom?

Its a plant. I wouldn’t use it longterm though as it is very similar to an opioid and will give you constipation. Good for short term surgery recovery sort of stuff.

CBD may help.

Thank you, I'll do some research into it for the future.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    First, I moved to Florida.

All of this (minus the Naproxen) + CBD

• I’m originally from Croydon (South London)... Moved to Cyprus... Got it in my arthritis in my blood (I wondered why I creaked when I was younger?.. Found out years ago by accident treating a chest infection)... Any treatment doesn’t work.. Was told, Copper bracelets are a myth... Only thing that does work is taking Codliver oil capsules for the rest of my life.. No acidic foods, no beer, red meat, live in hot country, ect... Thinking, sod this for a lark.. I’m here to enjoy life... So I never took Codliver oils capsules. ..lol..... I was meant to have blood tests every 6 months, but for what reason?... There’s no cure for it.. You get grumpy as you age anyway, so knowone would Believe you anyway... :D

• @studs1966 said:
    I’m originally from Croydon (South London)... Moved to Cyprus... Got it in my arthritis in my blood (I wondered why I creaked when I was younger?.. Found out years ago by accident treating a chest infection)... Any treatment doesn’t work.. Was told, Copper bracelets are a myth... Only thing that does work is taking Codliver oil capsules for the rest of my life.. No acidic foods, no beer, red meat, live in hot country, ect... Thinking, sod this for a lark.. I’m here to enjoy life... So I never took Codliver oils capsules. ..lol..... I was meant to have blood tests every 6 months, but for what reason?... There’s no cure for it.. You get grumpy as you age anyway, so knowone would Believe you anyway... :D

Hi Studs, Please get your IRON levels checked! You may have haemochromatosis it IS a blood condition in which you build up too much iron in your blood this gets deposited in your joints and causes arthritis. This is why you need to test your blood every 6 months. If you have the condition then you need what I call a blood drain a Venesection. It is somewhat uncomfortable but will reduce your Iron levels to normal.
    1 -10 people are carries of this blood disorder. Next thing yes kick out red meat I have become a Vegetarian and reduced my Iron Levels to normal. I did think that all of this would cured the arthritus but no you cannot cure it but reduce it. This is a diease (am dsylexic) that unidenfied builds up in your blood, then your joints and finally your internal organs, the result of which can be fatal. Sorry if all that sounds a bit extreme. My neighbour lost his brother at 54 from the very same thing.
    Take care and make sure they check your feritin levels Iron.

• @CRAKROX said:
    I have psoriatic arthritis and have been unable to work for the last 7 years. I have it quite badly in that it effects joints throughout my whole body due to a misdiagnosis and therefore a late attempt at treatment.
    Currently To minimise the symptoms of it I take a vitamin D supplement and for pain relief use Tramadol 3 to 4 times a day.
    I’ve also started to supplement my medication with a little weed as it certainly seems to help.
    Other than that the advice is as others have said, keep your joints warm and yourself warm and take gentle excercise while avoiding anything with any impact . I do find motivation a struggle these days as a lot of the time it’s such an effort to get going with a project however when it goes well it’s all the more rewarding.

Weed sounds like a good solution, I tried CBD oil but maybe concentration was too small. Have you had your iron levels checked in your blood? Please read my reply to Studs comment

• @Metalman said:

@studs1966 said:
    I’m originally from Croydon (South London)... Moved to Cyprus... Got it in my arthritis in my blood (I wondered why I creaked when I was younger?.. Found out years ago by accident treating a chest infection)... Any treatment doesn’t work.. Was told, Copper bracelets are a myth... Only thing that does work is taking Codliver oil capsules for the rest of my life.. No acidic foods, no beer, red meat, live in hot country, ect... Thinking, sod this for a lark.. I’m here to enjoy life... So I never took Codliver oils capsules. ..lol..... I was meant to have blood tests every 6 months, but for what reason?... There’s no cure for it.. You get grumpy as you age anyway, so knowone would Believe you anyway... :D

Hi Studs, Please get your IRON levels checked! You may have haemochromatosis it IS a blood condition in which you build up too much iron in your blood this gets deposited in your joints and causes arthritis. This is why you need to test your blood every 6 months. If you have the condition then you need what I call a blood drain a Venesection. It is somewhat uncomfortable but will reduce your Iron levels to normal.
    1 -10 people are carries of this blood disorder. Next thing yes kick out red meat I have become a Vegetarian and reduced my Iron Levels to normal. I did think that all of this would cured the arthritus but no you cannot cure it but reduce it. This is a diease (am dsylexic) that unidenfied builds up in your blood, then your joints and finally your internal organs, the result of which can be fatal. Sorry if all that sounds a bit extreme. My neighbour lost his brother at 54 from the very same thing.

Thanks mate.. Wow!... Thats pretty scary news... Im 53yrs old funny enough.. Actually, living out here, i dont eat red meat hardly.. All Chicken & Pork.. & salad super organic here.. Since living out here, my diet has completely changed..

• I have a bit of arthritis in my back and knees. Ironic timing this thread, as my back completely went this morning after doing too much heavy lifting yesterday.

I'm currently strapped into a chair in agony, unable to stand or walk without it going into spasms, waiting for the doc to come and bring hefty painkillers so i can move again. I think making music is the last thing on my mind, though I might make some psychedelic noises on the iPad if I'm prescribed amitriptyline again.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I have a bit of arthritis in my back and knees. Ironic timing this thread, as my back completely went this morning after doing too much heavy lifting yesterday.

I'm currently strapped into a chair in agony, unable to stand or walk without it going into spasms, waiting for the doc to come and bring hefty painkillers so i can move again. I think making music is the last thing on my mind, though I might make some psychedelic noises on the iPad if I'm prescribed amitriptyline again.

Tramadol... No Pain.... NO BRAIN!

Sounds rough hope you get sorted. Take Care

• @studs1966 said:

@Metalman said:

@studs1966 said:

Thanks mate.. Wow!... Thats pretty scary news... Im 53yrs old funny enough.. Actually, living out here, i dont eat red meat hardly.. All Chicken & Pork.. & salad super organic here.. Since living out here, my diet has completely changed..

Any room at yours?
    Sounds lovely.
    Sorry for the scare but serriously get your blood tested.
    Take care

• @Metalman said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I have a bit of arthritis in my back and knees. Ironic timing this thread, as my back completely went this morning after doing too much heavy lifting yesterday.

Thank you, you too.

The Mrs's just off to get my prescription - no Tramadol, but Naproxin and Diazepam, so I can enjoy the fluffly clouds in my brain for a while at least.

• Looks kinda fun. Fortunately my main digits can still stab and I have discovered an amazing sequencer for Kontakt . Producing some amazing tracks using an arcade like interface. If you have Kontakt I highly reccomend.
    Cheers for the link

• @reasOne said:

Nope presently take tramadol and it takes away the pain and your brain.
    Looking online I find some scary news regarding Kratom. Ever taken it yourself?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Metalman said:

@MonzoPro said:

Thank you, you too.

The Mrs's just off to get my prescription - no Tramadol, but Naproxin and Diazepam, so I can enjoy the fluffly clouds in my brain for a while at least.

Diazepam!😻

• @Metalman said:

@reasOne said:

A lot of the Kratom coverage is alarmist.
    The important thing is to find a reliable distributor, and also use the strain that is suitable for your needs. Most responsible distributors will detail which of their products will meet your needs. One warning is that it can be habit-forming (like coffee), and that is true.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Metalman said:

@MonzoPro said:

Thank you, you too.

Diazepam!😻

That's it. Takes away the pain of our house sale falling through this morning as well. I just love Mondays..

• edited September 2019

@JeffChasteen said:

@Metalman said:

@reasOne said:

A lot of the Kratom coverage is alarmist.
    The important thing is to find a reliable distributor, and also use the strain that is suitable for your needs. Most responsible distributors will detail which of their products will meet your needs. One warning is that it can be habit-forming (like coffee), and that is true.

It was great for a couple cocktail/drinking parties I went to. Quickly slam back some kratom an hour before the party (tastes like mulched up lawn trimmings), and then just Bruce Wayne it all night and sip mineral water. So mellow. Slept like a baby and woke up without a hangover.

• Just an idea. I realise your preference is in performance- but you were asking also about options for creating art. You could maybe change direction a bit and get into some creative writing- in the literary sense. There is plenty of resources out there to help a person learn. My thinking was that if you were using iOS voice typing that you could still be creative but with minimal physical intervention required.

• @Metalman said:

@CRAKROX said:

Weed sounds like a good solution, I tried CBD oil but maybe concentration was too small. Have you had your iron levels checked in your blood? Please read my reply to Studs comment

Thanks for the iron tip luckily because of the meds I’ve taken I get regular blood tests and they have shown up that I’m anemic, probably because of my P.A. and diet which is limited (for other reasons) but is vegetarian.
    I tried CBD oil first but without any real success, I get the feeling from what I’ve read online that currently the CBD oil business is hit and miss in terms of quality and effectiveness of their product dependant on the brand chosen.
    I’m also led to believe from what I’ve read that it’s probably the interaction of of both the CBD and THC together which is responsible for the medical benefits of Cannabis. The sooner it’s decriminalised in the U.K. the better in my view, it’s got a lot of potential to treat people with many different illnesses and is most likely less damaging than the medication many of us already take.