Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rocksmith USB Tone Cable as guitar “interface”

Not sure if this is well known but I recently discovered that you can use the Rocksmith RealTone USB cable combined with the CCK. It’s a 1/4” to USB cable that is used for the Rocksmith game, but it is a very fast way to connect a guitar to your iPhone/iPad. I’m not prepared to comment on latency etc but I didn’t really notice any issues.

It’s a pretty cheap way to connect your guitar - I think it’s about $35 USD.

Comments

• edited September 2019

There’s ton of knock off 1/4 to USB cable on amazon.com for 12~16$ might be a even cheaper option. Ymmv.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Guitar+to+USB&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

• @ecou said:
    There’s ton of knock off 1/4 to USB cable on amazon.com for 12~16$ might be a even cheaper option. Ymmv.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Guitar+to+USB&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I tried one of the really cheap ones and it was not worth it at any price. I had the official
    Rocksmith Product and it seemed useable. I gave it to my daughter so I might try one again because it would be the simplest (i.e. least amount of parts to carry about). I have the really old headphone jack iRig (though I have misplaced it recently) and the newer iRig HD. The older one is still on amazon for $9.39... glad I checked. I'm going to pick up a couple. I just velcro an iPhone to the guitar and velcro one of these and plug my headphones right into the iRig and I can use Amp Sim's and AUM/FX on the iPhone. Since it uses the headphone I can also velcro a USB battery to the guitar and keep the phone running for hours. I can take walks and play backing tracks or iReal Pro and practice anywhere. The guitar cable to the iRig just needs to be at least 6 inches. I can also use the iRig to connector a condenser mic to the iPhone. I never tested using both USB iRig and headphone jack iRig at the same time for Mic and Guitar input.

• Maybe the Behringer one would work well. It about 20$