Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• edited September 2019

@gregsmith maybe I can add somthing similar in the future...we'll see. No, the daw projcet cannot contains samples of an AU3...only the AU3 can store its samples

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @gregsmith maybe I can add somthing similar in the future...we'll see. No, the daw projcet cannot contains samples of an AU3...only the AU3 can store its samples

I’ll still buy it I’m sure :)

• @ElliottGarage instead of adding lots of features to this app could you consider creating another sampler app that would be an auv3 bm3 like sampler with time stretching, sample slicing/choping and all the other good stuff. Phew that was a long sentence 😅

• edited September 2019

@ElliottGarage said:
    Sample length just change how much the sample is played...and you can set the release time too and the start, if you want to extract a single part inside a longer file. Then you have the pitch control in the mixer view.

Actually users can export/import only banks, that include the 16 patterns, the song, the automations and a reference to a drumkit. Drumkits inclused the actual samples with samples editor and the mixer configuration, but they cannot be exported. You can still manually pass the single samples.

FWIW, if you were to add a smooth Time Stretch and Pitch feature as an IAP for several dollars you’d have a lot of happy customers. A Serato style Sampler if you will...we’re all wanting something like the BM3 Sampler as an AUv3...and honestly this app might be the closest thing to it at the moment.

Just leaving the idea here for you 🤫 😉 👊🏼™️

• Outside of slicing, doesn't AudioLayer cover most of the features above? You can pitch samples, align them to zones, layers, etc.

• edited September 2019

Not really. Since this is a drum machine you can load up different samples per pad. ReSlice is great for a single sample sliced up. I don’t know of any way of having multiple samples present in a single file.

I just want the BM3 Sampler as an AUv3 and since this seems close to me i figured I’d ask 🤪👊🏼™️

Hope that makes sense

• edited September 2019

In both AudioLayer (not Reslice) and also Chameleon Sampler from 4Pockets, you can stack samples onto top of each other just like BM3 sampler. You just take the sample and have it span the whole keyboard range and turn off tracking at the instrument level to avoid pitch shifting.

• @echoopera said:

@ElliottGarage said:
    Sample length just change how much the sample is played...and you can set the release time too and the start, if you want to extract a single part inside a longer file. Then you have the pitch control in the mixer view.

Actually users can export/import only banks, that include the 16 patterns, the song, the automations and a reference to a drumkit. Drumkits inclused the actual samples with samples editor and the mixer configuration, but they cannot be exported. You can still manually pass the single samples.

FWIW, if you were to add a smooth Time Stretch and Pitch feature as an IAP for several dollars you’d have a lot of happy customers. A Serato style Sampler if you will...we’re all wanting something like the BM3 Sampler as an AUv3...and honestly this app might be the closest thing to it at the moment.

Just leaving the idea here for you 🤫 😉 👊🏼™️

I’ve often dreamed of having Serato Sample on iOS!!! I absolutely love that plugin!

• @auxmux said:
    In both AudioLayer (not Reslice) and also Chameleon Sampler from 4Pockets, you can stack samples onto top of each other just like BM3 sampler. You just take the sample and have it span the whole keyboard range and turn off tracking at the instrument level to avoid pitch shifting.

Yep all true. I’m just asking the dev to maybe think about how he’d go about porting something like Serato over to this beautiful AUv3 drum machine he’s making for us.

I really don’t think it would be that far off and we’d gladly fork over a healthy IAP if it became a reality down the line 😉👊🏼™️

• This does seem to be some sort of holy grail - a sampler with wav editing, time stretching etc.

Although it’s not the same thing, the audio tracks in stagelight have timestretching and pitch built in, and you can fit each bit of audio to a specific bpm/amount of bars. That functionality but in an au sampler would be fantastic!

• I’m just glad we are getting a decent drum machine from the looks of it and it’s AU.

• edited September 2019

Very excited for this, and especially the probability features, as managing controllable chaos is very much my thing :) I may have missed it in the conversation so far, but is this Euclidean rhythm generation? Also is the app fully open to midi manipulation via cc automation? I love the way ‘mutate’ in the Rozeta apps can introduce very human little variations in a rhythm, and enjoy the Ruismaker and Ruismaker Noir apps, but what I find currently missing is a solid AU drum machine capable of playing any sample directly itself in a flexible but directly controllable way without getting down into the weeds on the programming side.

• edited September 2019

If this delivers, it will be sad to say goodbye to Patterning, but since that developer has more or less shunned the AU idea, I'll be thrilled to have an AU drum with my own samples and on-board pattern building without having to resort to another separate screen for that (Rozeta). For a long time I was cool with still using IAA stuff, but the convenience and naturalness of AU is now so totally obvious that Patterning and Animoog are the only IAAs I will still use, and I would prefer not using them.

• @oat_phipps said:
    If this delivers, it will be sad to say goodbye to Patterning, but since that developer has more or less shunned the AU idea, I'll be thrilled to have an AU drum with my own samples and on-board pattern building without having to resort to another separate screen for that (Rozeta). For a long time I was cool with still using IAA stuff, but the convenience and naturalness of AU is now so totally obvious that Patterning and Animoog are the only IAAs I will still use.

+1 to all that, exactly my current situation re Patterning, and much as I love Rozeta for everything it brings, sometimes I just want one in the box drum machine running.

• Big patterning fan here, was gonna get P2, as only 13.99 but gonna keep my pennies for this.
    P1 and this will keep me happy, if P2 goes au then that will also be an insta buy

• @ElliottGarage

Looks great, can't wait!
    I hope "reverse" sample is in there, or will be considered for future update.

• @Svetlovska said:

@oat_phipps said:
    If this delivers, it will be sad to say goodbye to Patterning, but since that developer has more or less shunned the AU idea, I'll be thrilled to have an AU drum with my own samples and on-board pattern building without having to resort to another separate screen for that (Rozeta). For a long time I was cool with still using IAA stuff, but the convenience and naturalness of AU is now so totally obvious that Patterning and Animoog are the only IAAs I will still use.

+1 to all that, exactly my current situation re Patterning, and much as I love Rozeta for everything it brings, sometimes I just want one in the box drum machine running.

Indeed...my faith is being restored in this place, I couldn’t understand why the concept of a true integrated drum machine AU was treated with such disdain. Hopefully EG Pulse will be just the first of many takes on this new? concept

• Guys, here you can follow all the new developments and also talk about the old ones :)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/735886680188233/

• Cool. Joined.

• edited September 2019

The wait is (almost) over, EG Pulse pre order is now on the App Store!
    http://app.elliottgarage.com/Pulse

• Bought it.
    Are You from Italy?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Bought it.
    Are You from Italy?

Yes, how did you see it? :D

• edited September 2019

@ElliottGarage said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Bought it.
    Are You from Italy?

Congrats!

App page comes up in Italian. :)

• Going to buy as soon as I get home :)
    Please, please, consider sample reverse. (if there is no room for additional controls, allow sample end before sample start in the editor)

• Bought it 😊

• @auxmux said:
    @ElliottGarage said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Bought it.
    Are You from Italy?

Congrats!

App page comes up in Italian. :)

Changed :)

• @recccp said:
    Going to buy as soon as I get home :)
    Please, please, consider sample reverse. (if there is no room for additional controls, allow sample end before sample start in the editor)

Yes, open hats reverse for the win.

• @recccp said:
    Going to buy as soon as I get home :)

I'm already collecting user requests for the next update :)

• Wow, that looks pretty amazing, especially the fluid drag and drop. I'll never have to leave the cozy cocoon of AUM again!

Is this an intro price?

• Gonna be a long 10 days !