Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"states" in AUM Mixer?

I've come from a PC app called Cantabile where one can save "states" of various instruments and volumes etc which can then be recalled from an assigned switch, wheel or slider via MIDI. Just wondering if there is a way to do this in AUM Mixer?

I can assign mutes easily enough to various controller buttons, but so far I have not found a way to, say, mute the piano part, whilst unmuting the organ part for soloing (and with the necessary volume changes) at the touch of a button as I would for a"scene" in Cantabile.

TIA for any advice :)

Comments

• It’s more easily doable with Audiobus, loading presets via midi learn: you save different presets of a same gig with various mixer levels/mutes/etc settings, and midi learn AB presets load buttons. Works perfectly well here without stopping audio, as Audiobus don’t load again used AU’s.

It’s not possible yet at this moment with AUM, as it load again every AU so this interrupt audio.

• Thanks Janosax...might have to swap over to using Audiobus instead for gigs perhaps? A shame as AUM is so cool to use!

• @pax-eterna said:
    Thanks Janosax...might have to swap over to using Audiobus instead for gigs perhaps? A shame as AUM is so cool to use!

Yeah I use AUM for composing and arranging tunes but AB3 is much easier to work with for my live show. It doesn't have "scenes" you can assign in the UI but you can achieve the same effect by assigning the same MIDI CC to mutes/unmutes. I use MIDI bypass and unbypass because it sounds more natural sonically than audio mutes--works brilliantly in AB3. A little tedious to remember the state of each channel during setup (real scenes would be nice @Michael! 🙂) but still the best live setup tool on iOS for my purposes.