Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 book?

124»

Comments

• @vov said:

@tk32 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Bumping for the Book! I have needs Nurse....

The current beta has thrown a spanner into my gears a little, but I’m still working all the free time I have.

I’m posting the table of contents here next week, and the book will hopefully follow shortly after

What’s in the beta? Is it more or less stable?
    I mostly wish they make it work as it is.

Can’t share any details at this time, sorry, but suffice it to say it hasn’t forced to me rewrite any big sections in the book.

By disruption, I simply meant the time it has been stealing away from book-writing in order to thoroughly test and give feedback.

• @tk32 said:

@vov said:

@tk32 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Bumping for the Book! I have needs Nurse....

The current beta has thrown a spanner into my gears a little, but I’m still working all the free time I have.

I’m posting the table of contents here next week, and the book will hopefully follow shortly after

What’s in the beta? Is it more or less stable?
    I mostly wish they make it work as it is.

Can’t share any details at this time, sorry, but suffice it to say it hasn’t forced to me rewrite any big sections in the book.

By disruption, I simply meant the time it has been stealing away from book-writing in order to thoroughly test and give feedback.

Oh well, they said they make the update by the end of August, and limit the info on the beta in September. :smile:

• @tk32 Can't argue about delay in the service of progress etc.

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @tk32 Can't argue about delay in the service of progress etc.

Did I mention the book is written entirely on my iPad using Scrivener? Although I have been transferring the text, chapter-by-chapter, into Adobe InDesign for final layout and presentation.

...and all diagrams are made with Affinity Designer iOS

• @tk32 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @tk32 Can't argue about delay in the service of progress etc.

Did I mention the book is written entirely on my iPad using Scrivener? Although I have been transferring the text, chapter-by-chapter, into Adobe InDesign for final layout and presentation.

Wow! That’s amazing! Which keyboard have you been using?

• Just a cheapo all-in-one bluetooth keyboard and case. £30 well spent!

I may upgrade to a Logitech or Apple version in the future, but don’t really have any complaints with this one :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Technology-Lightweight-Magnetically-Intelligent-Multi-Angle/dp/B076BXDW2P/

• @tk32 said:
    Just a cheapo all-in-one bluetooth keyboard and case. £30 well spent!

I may upgrade to a Logitech or Apple version in the future, but don’t really have any complaints with this one :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Technology-Lightweight-Magnetically-Intelligent-Multi-Angle/dp/B076BXDW2P/

Scrivener is the business, isn’t it? So, so useful. I really recommend the Logitech cases, btw - really nice to use. I have Logitech for all my keyboards.

• edited September 2019

@tk32 interesting information, you have my BIG respect for writimg this book, and especially if you're using iOS tools for most of that book... That is great example how iOS can be used for creating of valuable content ! :+1:

btw you will be surprised for sure but i'm looking forward to your book too, i did some learning materials in past so i can imagine how much work is that, and it will be for sure interesting reading !

Don't forget on some paypal donate button because i'm sure many readers would be happy to appreciate your effort !

• @tk32 said:

...and all diagrams are made with Affinity Designer iOS

That’s really cool, tk32.

It’s looking quite neat, and I think I’ll be able to learn a lot about BM3, so thanks for all your hard work!

• @tk32 Very, very cool. I have had Scrivener on this thing for ages but never opened it (all these music apps keep getting in the way :)....inspirational.

As for The Book, it has become the reason I don't commit to spending more time trying to suss out BM3; every time I open it and get confused I sigh and mutter to myself just wait for The Book...

:)

• Is there any time scale estimate available for the book yet? 🤔

• Maybe on BM3 new update

• @robosardine said:
    Is there any time scale estimate available for the book yet? 🤔

Yep. I'm incorporating and coordinating to coincide with the update

So glad you're still excited about the project :+1:

• That’s good to hear 😃...... anyone know when the update is due?- the last one was 10 months ago.

• @tk32 said:

@robosardine said:
    Is there any time scale estimate available for the book yet? 🤔

Yep. I'm incorporating and coordinating to coincide with the update

So glad you're still excited about the project :+1:

Very. Been a long time breath-holding :)

• Based on the instability of the current dev process, I’d rather keep the current version. THAT’S the one that needs the book.

• @motmeister said:
    Based on the instability of the current dev process, I’d rather keep the current version. THAT’S the one that needs the book.

Can you elaborate a bit. It’s best not to update?.... you know this already even though the update isn’t out? I’m well out of touch with Beatmaker, I’m only just starting with it- it seems to be doing all I need at this very early stage so I don’t even know what I would want in an update anyway........ apart from transient detection points, I would like that.

• @robosardine said:

@motmeister said:
    Based on the instability of the current dev process, I’d rather keep the current version. THAT’S the one that needs the book.

Can you elaborate a bit. It’s best not to update?.... you know this already even though the update isn’t out? I’m well out of touch with Beatmaker, I’m only just starting with it- it seems to be doing all I need at this very early stage so I don’t even know what I would want in an update anyway........ apart from transient detection points, I would like that.

I have no idea what he's talking about or what he's on but the beta is going well. It's taking longer than expected because we in the beta team love BM3 so any little nuisance we report. Of course this release won't please everyone but we're here to help for whatever issues or questions you guys have aftervthe release.

• @robosardine said:

@motmeister said:

I am under the impression that BM3 has transient detection. I saw an @TheAudioDabbler video demonstrating transient slicing.

• @espiegel123 said:

@robosardine said:

@motmeister said:

I am under the impression that BM3 has transient detection. I saw an @TheAudioDabbler video demonstrating transient slicing.

Found it- thanks.

• @tk32 Just bumping this to see if there's been any update on your progress. :smiley:

Holler if you need any assistance.

• @eyesunderground said:
    @tk32 Just bumping this to see if there's been any update on your progress. :smiley:

• @wim said:

@eyesunderground said:
    @tk32 Just bumping this to see if there's been any update on your progress. :smiley:

Brilliant :)

• edited November 2019

:p

you guys

Don't think I'm not working hard on the book, by the way. I am.

• Release the kraken!!!!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tk32
    I'm sure you've answered this somewhere on the forum, but is this a physical book? An e-book? Or both?

• edited November 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @tk32
    I'm sure you've answered this somewhere on the forum, but is this a physical book? An e-book? Or both?

Both..

It’ll be a free PDF first and foremost, but designed so it can also easily be ordered via a print-on-demand service such as Blurb.

I’m currently designing it in a 6x9” format, but may switch to slightly larger if necessary for the diagrams

• Where’s the beef? (Book)