Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ifx rack guitar demo.

I focus on modulations,delays,reverbs except towards the end of the demo in which i play distortions and degrader.
I use tonestack as amp sim.
This app sounds good to my ears.
Modulations,delays and reverbs sound really good to me.
Thanks!
Flo

Comments

• Veeeery nice sounds! What amps have you set up for these demo?

@flo26 said:
    I focus on modulations,delays,reverbs except towards the end of the demo in which i play distortions and degrader.
    I use tonestack as amp sim.
    This app sounds good to my ears.
    Modulations,delays and reverbs sound really good to me.
    Thanks!
    Flo

• Thanks!
    I only use tonestack for amps.Ifx is only used for fx.
    Flo

• The fender amps were in ToneStack? Which mother load?

• I can’t remember.sorry.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    The fender amps were in ToneStack? Which mother load?

Motherload 1.0

• Cool thanks I think I got that one.

• Very good demo. Uno Woo fan of your playing.

• Thanks for putting this up. A lot of good ideas in the chosen musical snippets too.
    I may be sated with FX apps for a while. One can only hope.

I bought the Brian May Bundle for Amplitube and it drove home the message that AUM (or any DAW) using the better FX can compete well against many Guitar Amp simulators with FX bundles. If Tone Stack adds AU support and makes more stereo FX I might follow them but it's getting harder to see why I'd need to.

I'm still considering taking your advice about using one of those Joyo Amp Sim pedals into the iPad. Would you recommend the Califorinian (Fender), the Mesa Boogie or another?

• edited September 2019

I'm still considering taking your advice about using one of those Joyo Amp Sim pedals into the iPad. Would you recommend the Califorinian (Fender), the Mesa Boogie or another?
    Is this a question for me @McD ?

• edited September 2019

I totally recommend the Joyo American one. I used it all the time as my main pedal when I play with the worship team. It really sounds sooooo amazing and there’s a knob that when you dial it, has the perfect sauce! I’ve gotten so many great responses from the tone that my amp puts out and I know this pedal is it man!

@McD said:
    Thanks for putting this up. A lot of good ideas in the chosen musical snippets too.

I bought the Brian May Bundle for Amplitube and it drove home the message that AUM (or any DAW) using the better FX can compete well against many Guitar Amp simulators with FX bundles. If Tone Stack adds AU support and makes more stereo FX I might follow them but it's getting harder to see why I'd need to.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I totally recommend the Joyo American one. I used it all the time as my main pedal when I play with the worship team. It really sounds sooooo amazing and there’s a knob that when you dial it, has the perfect sauce! I’ve gotten so many great responses from the tone that my amp puts out and I know this pedal is it man!

@McD said:
    Thanks for putting this up. A lot of good ideas in the chosen musical snippets too.

How is it recorded straight to computer/iPad without an actual amp is the big question. The biggest issue with iPad amp sims is the cabinet/room emulation.

• edited September 2019

I have it in my pedal board and my output is a Zoom G3 which has stereo output. I connect that to the stereo inputs of my Berlinger UCA 202 red one;
    And that works great! Although I haven’t had the chance to record guitar in a while. 😌

Joyo American Sound is the one I really recommend and on Amazon is like less than $40 bucks!😳

The Voice Knob on the American Sound Joyo pedal is where the secret sauce is man! It really is true 😌🙏👍🏼☝️☝️☝️☝️

Here’s a pic of my current board setup:

• Tx

@Tones4Christ said:
    I have it in my pedal board and my output is a Zoom G3 which has stereo output. I connect that to the stereo inputs of my Berlinger UCA 202 red one;
    And that works great! Although I haven’t had the chance to record guitar in a while. 😌

Joyo American Sound is the one I really recommend and on Amazon is like less than $40 bucks!😳

The Voice Knob on the American Sound Joyo pedal is where the secret sauce is man! It really is true 😌🙏👍🏼☝️☝️☝️☝️

Here’s a pic of my current board setup:

• why the interface? the G3 has USB audio interface built in.

• Yeah, I’ve used that too but I always have that little interface ready. I actually like it when I go directly from the G3 as everything gets sent digitally vs analog. Either way both sound great!

But the beauty of this App is that it’s totally portable 😌

• edited September 2019

I have that Berlinger UCA 202 (or the silver one, same thing I think)

What a value. Amazing. Not fond of RCA though. But the thing is stereo with a monitor switch and headphone out, in the tiny package. (oh yes, and optical :) )

• FYI: The app costs $5 and all the IAP's can be picked up for an additional $10.
    @flo bought all the IAP's before the bundle was made available. If it doesn't get addressed
    we need to pitch to to get that $50 euro's back into his wallet. His demo's sell for the developer's and this is just a bad turns of the knobs of fortune.

@GospelMusicians - I hope you can help clear this up in some fashion.

I also bought some IAP's and picked of the remainder today for another $10. Then I tried to use the standalone and it doesn't recognize a USB connected Guitar interface (iRig HD) after the new update. But AUM's works great using the AUv3 capability and that's how I'd use it 98% of the time but using it as a standalone Rack FX unit would be good in some situations
    for the larger GUI and less resource constraint.

• I agreed. I too bought the app because the @flo26 demo.

• @McD said:
    FYI: The app costs $5 and all the IAP's can be picked up for an additional $10.
    @flo bought all the IAP's before the bundle was made available. If it doesn't get addressed
    we need to pitch to to get that $50 euro's back into his wallet. His demo's sell for the developer's and this is just a bad turns of the knobs of fortune.

I also bought some IAP's and picked of the remainder today for another $10. Then I tried to use the standalone and it doesn't recognize a USB connected Guitar interface (iRig HD) after the new update. But AUM's works great using the AUv3 capability and that's how I'd use it 98% of the time but using it as a standalone Rack FX unit would be good in some situations

@McD said:
    FYI: The app costs $5 and all the IAP's can be picked up for an additional $10.

@Faland said:
    I agreed. I too bought the app because the @flo26 demo.

Thanks so much guys!
    Flo

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks so much guys!

Let us know the outcome of your refund approach. Does Apple refund IAP purchases or just the app price? I buy a lot of IAP"s and have learned to regret trusting that model in all cases. Better to wait and get early adopter feedback.

But this case @GospelMusicians really hurt the "early birds" and we got some worms.

Start a Patreon site and I'll support your work since you help me understand how to use IOS with a guitar for maximum advantage.

• edited September 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@Tones4Christ said:

@McD said:

How is it recorded straight to computer/iPad without an actual amp is the big question. The biggest issue with iPad amp sims is the cabinet/room emulation.

This is where the whole confusion is. This is an amp emulator, not speaker emulator. So to have a complete (ampless) experience one would require an amp sim and a cab sim. Then likely also a spring reverb sim. I have the joyo and without the other two components it sounds a bit naked, especially when listened through headphones. When listened through a pa it is better but the special sauce to me is the spring reverb. Of course each person will have the sound they’re after but this is my experience.

When playing live AFAIK amp/cab sims should run into the pa amp and then through the full range speakers and not a guitar speaker because that will colour the sound further and not necessarily in a good way. Some multieffect pedals that contain amp/cab sims will have a setting depending on whether it is being used through a guitar amp or a pa/computer. I believe it disables the amp/cab sim module in case of the former.

Apologies to those to whom this is obvious. I wasn’t very obvious to me at first. I.e. it took me a while to work this out.

• To those who bought the app based on Flo’s demo. Flo has clearly specified that amp/cab is Tone Stack and other stuff on top is Gospel Musicoan’s app which I believe means that the actual tone of the guitar that some have positively commented on comes mostly from the guitar itself and ToneStack and whatever comes on top is the rack thingy. Therefore (correct me if I’m wrong) it is NOT a review of this app’s amp/cab sim.

• edited September 2019

@supadom said:
    ... I believe... that the actual tone of the guitar that some have positively commented on comes mostly from the guitar itself and ToneStack and whatever comes on top is the rack thingy. Therefore (correct me if I’m wrong) it is NOT a review of this app’s amp/cab sim.

I think the tone really comes from flo26's fingers ! Give the exact same setup to anyone, I'm sure the tone would be miles away from what flo26 delivers... He's the "Guitar-Doug" of the forum 😁.

About the rack itself, even with flo26's demo, I'm still not sure I could really ever need this app 🤔.... I can't hear something I can't obtain with all the other FX I already have on the iPad.

• @Gratouilli said:

@supadom said:
    ... I believe... that the actual tone of the guitar that some have positively commented on comes mostly from the guitar itself and ToneStack and whatever comes on top is the rack thingy. Therefore (correct me if I’m wrong) it is NOT a review of this app’s amp/cab sim.

I think the tone really comes from flo26's fingers ! Give the exact same setup to anyone, I'm sure the tone would be miles away from what flo26 delivers... He's the "Guitar-Doug" of the forum 😁.

About the rack itself, even with flo26's demo, I'm still not sure I could really ever need this app 🤔.... I can't hear something I can't obtain with all the other FX I already have on the iPad

Are you saying that all the good apps and guitars are for us lesser beings while Flo can get away with shit equipment? Being a good player is one part required for a good tone but I wouldn’t overlook the tools.

• @Gratouilli said:
    I think the tone really comes from flo26's fingers

That's certainly true but if @flo26 says "Check this out." I check it out because of his
    ability to recognize a good tool. I covet his $4000 guitar and $6000 amp and $700 audio interface but I'd never pony up for those tools because it would be ego thinking the tools make the music. I still have to do more work to justify the investment since I'm the only real
    consistent listener to my output.

But when @flo26 says "Magic Death Eye" has something special for $25... I'm in. $5 for Ifx Rack and now $10 for ever FX and I'm in. When he says "Stark has a terrible cabinet emulator" but I just use iConvolver and I get that too but use the free OwnHammer files to start wit. I already had ToneStack complete and that validated that we had similar ears for Tone. But I think he said Bias is a bit better but now he says get the Joyo Amp Sim pedal and I will give that a shot because of the way he pushed it. Joyo makes <$40 pedals so there's something there to teach what good sound is like.

I mostly use IOS the tools to make me want to play more. I follow @richardyot's advice for mastering too. There are Oracles here if you listen to their work and read their reviews.
    @ScottVanZandt documented an approach to composing with IOS that changed my whole approach. Check out the details if you want to compose using an IOS DAW:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33481/secrets-of-the-ios-masters-scottvanzandt-and-nanostudio2-no-auv3-instruments/p2

I need to keep bugging @coniferprod to increase the sample time in Synth Jacker to make the prep work less arduous to create the instrument samples from all the quality apps I bought that just won't scale in any DAW.

Then @Kuhl show me that you can compose using a quality synth and I suspect he freezes the audio tracks as he goes so no massive sailing like Scott gets from NS2 but less prep work. I should do a "Secrets of the IOS Masters" with @Kuhl since he uses a lot of traditional
    composition techniques with Notion and such. It would be good to have that path documented for music students to consider for a low cost composing platform.

You learn by spotting the Masters and asking the right questions. "Who are your influences?"

• @McD: did flo recommend the Joyo pedal? I don't recall seeing that. Up-thread, I see him asking about which one people recommend as he is considering trying one.

• McDMcD
    edited September 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    @McD: did flo recommend the Joyo pedal? I don't recall seeing that. Up-thread, I see him asking about which one people recommend as he is considering trying one.

My memory is flawed. It looks like the seed of the Joyo pedal recommendation was planted by @richardyot in this thread.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34461/need-advise-on-best-singer-songwriter-guitarist-set-up-with-ios-environment

American (Fender)
    Californian (Mesa Boogie - which involves the use of a voltage rectified in the real hardware)
    British (Marshall)

I'm torn between 1 and 2.

• edited September 2019

@McD rectification:i’ve never talked about joyo pedals.i didn’t even knew this brand.Maybe something to try😉?
    My pedals are earthquaker devices,fulltone,seymour duncan and tc electronics.