Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam Maestro updated + ON SALE for $1 for this weekend only

Due to Apple mandating that all apps must support the notch last year, it's been over a year since I've been able to update Jam Maestro (JM is not built using UIKit - the usual graphics method, so supporting the notch etc required a bit more trickery)...

Thankfully I've finally found some time and taken a few months out to give JM the love it deserves! Decided to go all the way and add native resolution support for all iPhone and iPad models too. To celebrate I have stuck Jam Maestro on sale for $1 this weekend only! I have also finally added some video previews on the App Store - feel free to go check those out! (The took me long enough!!)...

You can find it on the App Store here:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/jam-maestro-create-guitar-tab/id596628003

Thanks for all your love and support over the years!

Version 3.6 highlights below:

• Added native resolution support for iPhone 6, 7, 8.
  • Added native resolution support for iPhone 6 Plus, 7 Plus, 8 Plus.
  • Added native resolution support for iPhone X, XS, XR, XS Max.
  • Added native resolution support for iPad Pro 10.5", 11", 12.9".
  • Tweaked graphics in various places.
  • AUM compatibility improved. Now responds to AUM transport controls, stays in time, can connect individual tracks etc.
  • Fixed bug preventing Inter-App Audio instruments and effects from loading on newer devices.
  • Fixed bug that was breaking guitar effects on newer devices.

Comments

• Always wanted to give this a go... finally bought it... thanks

• Jam Maestro is one of the great unsung (no pun intended) apps on iOS.

• Can I control other instruments via midi out?

• Also do I need to know how to read music to record into it?

• @JamMaestro said:
    Thanks for all your love and support over the years!

Thanks for maintaining the app, David. Good to see you!

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Yes, it has midi out. No you don't need to know how to read music to record midi into it - it produces guitar and drum tab. If you don't read tab then you probably don't want this.

I don't remember if I've ever used it for recording into from other sources.

• Got it and it does have midi out to control other instruments in AUM! Thanks!

• As a guitarist primarily... this seems like a great way to input notes to a MIDI track. it looks like you can play in notes real-time using the “fret board” no? Then export MIDI wherever you need it... seems like a useful tool

• Videos showing how the app works:

http://jammaestro.com/videos/

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Can I control other instruments via midi out?

Yes, simply add a 'midi'or 'inter-app audio' instrument, select your app/midi destination and away you go. You don't need to be able to read music but understanding guitar tab is an advantage.

@Hmtx said:
    As a guitarist primarily... this seems like a great way to input notes to a MIDI track. it looks like you can play in notes real-time using the “fret board” no? Then export MIDI wherever you need it... seems like a useful tool

You can hit record and play in notes in real time yes, and export your tabs to a midi file or direct to another app. If you have a midi guitar you can also use this to record directly into tab. Editing/inputting tab is easiest just using the fretboard in the app in normal real time of course though :) I designed it so it takes maximum advantage of a touch screen rather than having to use a ridiculous and pointless numpad... !

@wim said:
    Jam Maestro is one of the great unsung (no pun intended) apps on iOS.

Kind of you to say wim! :blush:

• Awesome! Thanks will love to learn too!☝️😌🤪🙏

• Don’t forget to ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jam maestro

• @audiblevideo said:
    Don’t forget to ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jam maestro

+1 Very good app and robbery value at this sale price.

• Thanks @JamMaestro , time to load my Guitar Pro files up to the Dropbox.

Looks like a great app, no idea how it’s passed my notice ...

• Top app.
    You have to buy it at this price.

• Thanks for all the love guys!

• edited September 2019

Awesome app. Bought.

Having so much fun with this and ThumbJam.

• Wow I can’t wait to learn all about using this app! Watching the tutorials on YouTube ❤️❤️❤️☝️🎸🤪

• Thank you! I bought it and messed around with it a little bit, it’s an incredibly useful tool. Awesome app!

• @rinzai said:
    Awesome app. Bought.

Having so much fun with this and ThumbJam.

Thumbjam is my favourite app to use with JM!! It's literally all you need. You can load up to 8 different voices in thumbjam and load 8 IAA/MIDI instruments in JM all pointing at thumbjam on different midi channels, and add all kinds of accompanying strings, hang drum etc to your songs. Can make some really cool combination with the internal JM sounds, really fun.

• “All it takes is a dollar and a dream.”

— NY Lottery slogan, but also applies

• Can notes be entered and sounds played, using a Midi keyboard controller?

Could this also be used as a sound module in AUM or Audiobus?

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Yes. And Yes.
    Plus, Jam Maestro has Audiobus State-Save. :) B)
    There’s some really worthwhile sounds in there. I never really thought of using it in this way, but you can.

• Cool! off to purchase.
    Thank's Wim. :)

• Oops. There's also a Jam Maestro Lite for $0.99. Check the app title carefully. I did and still ended up buying both. Go figure.

• Picked it up. I’ve always wanted the guitar tab to midi function. This thing is pretty deep, lots of possibilities here.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

I was messing around recording keyboard input to it, in hopes that some useful guitar tab would come out - the idea being to use it as a shortcut to re-playing keyboard noodles on my guitar.

It didn’t work out great because the choice of strings to use is sometimes really wonky - frequent jumps between the bottom of the fretboard and impossibly high frets. Maybe something to consider improving, by trying to minimize fretboard movement.

This doesn’t bother me at all though. It was just an experiment to see if there was a new way to use JM.

• @wim said:
    I was messing around recording keyboard input to it, in hopes that some useful guitar tab would come out - the idea being to use it as a shortcut to re-playing keyboard noodles on my guitar.

It didn’t work out great because the choice of strings to use is sometimes really wonky - frequent jumps between the bottom of the fretboard and impossibly high frets. Maybe something to consider improving, by trying to minimize fretboard movement.

This doesn’t bother me at all though. It was just an experiment to see if there was a new way to use GM.

It plays fine using the fretboard. But I noticed this too. It has a really nice acoustic guitar sound, but when played using a midi keyboard, the same note seems to sometimes play on a different string with each key press creating a non-uniform sounding guitar. Wish it wasn't so, but oh well. It's still a cool App.

• @zah said:

@JamMaestro said:
    Thanks for all the love guys!

Hi Jam-
    It's great! But I have a problem. When I try to play live with Jam Maestro into GarageBand or even AudioShare, the audio is chopped/cut off. I only get the initial attack of the sound for each note and then abruptly cuts off.
    As soon as I am not in record mode anymore, the live notes sustain as they should.
    Is this an IAA issue? What am I doing wrong here?

Hmmm, I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying, but if you're playing with a midi controller, try this:

• Go into the guitar screen
    • If on iPhone press the key title to open up the key change screen. If on iPad press the wrench.
    • There's a section called 'fret release'. You can switch the behaviour of what you want it to do when you release the fret. You can however tap the selected mode to disable fret release all together. This should make it ring out indefinitely. Maybe this is what you mean?

@wim said:

If there is a note already playing it does actually try and find the new note you played to be within 5 frets of the playing note to simulate what a hand could play. If no notes then it will pick the string/fret which will try and give you the most versatility to play future notes. For example, if you play a note which can be played on either the 7th fret E string or the 2nd fret A string, it will pick the A string because say you held that note down and then played a 3rd fret E string, which can only be played on the E string, if it had originally picked the E string to play the first note it would have to now stop the first note and play the new note, but if it picked the A string originally it now has the freedom to play the new note in conjunction without having to stop the previous note. Does that make sense?

@horsetrainer similarly this is why you experience it sometimes playing different strings as it depends on what else is happening at the time. Unfortunately intelligently transcribing keyboard notes to guitar while trying to keep as much freedom to play future notes is not an exact science. Say someone played a chord, the 3 notes are going to come in independently so the app has no idea what you're about to do. It receives the first note (which could be any note of the chord), if it makes the wrong decision about which string to ascribe it to then when the next note is registered a few milliseconds later it will have to stop the first note from playing before its already begun because maybe the second note that is registered can only be played on that particular string where as the first note could have originally been played on another. It's no good playing a chord if only some of the notes play! So as you can understand, there's a lot to consider 😅

• Would like to see a video explaining and actually playing a song using the app not using the sequencer. This looks like a good interface but lacks midi learn to control functions with something like a IK BlueBoard. Not convinced you can effetely play a song and change chord types quickly using your finger or fingers. Need a video showing technique.