Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Woodbox Version 4. Octabox. ;)

The slimmest so far. Everything pre-connected, needs just one single AC adapter or a Powerbank.
Ipad Pro 2018 11”, iconnectAudio4, octatrack mk2. Live sampling, looping, sequencing iOs-Synths. Easily movable inside the house or outside in a small gigbag.

Comments

• Very cool. However, wouldn't it be better if they were at a slight angle so you don't have to be right above them to see everything when seated.

• edited September 2019

Are you a lefty? Nice set up 👍

• @echoopera said:
    Very cool. However, wouldn't it be better if they were at a slight angle so you don't have to be right above them to see everything when seated.

yea, my last box was angled, but it takes up more wood and gets heavier. So i decided to make this one flat and simply put the whole thing on a IKEA tablet stand when needed

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Are you a lefty? Nice set up 👍

nope, but i sit more in front of the Octatrack to focus on her screen and if then i had to reach to my left for the ipad, it would be harder for me to use the touchscreen with my left hand

• @AlaErt
    I'm fvcking here for this!
    Brilliant.

• @AlaErt said:

@echoopera said:
    Very cool. However, wouldn't it be better if they were at a slight angle so you don't have to be right above them to see everything when seated.

yea, my last box was angled, but it takes up more wood and gets heavier. So i decided to make this one flat and simply put the whole thing on a IKEA tablet stand when needed

Ahh. That works. Might want two though when you get heavy into making beats. 👊🏼🙏🏼

• @AlaErt that is a stunningly beautiful setup!! Bravo!! :+1:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AlaErt truly great work.

• I like your boxes. WoodBox3 as well. Are you worried about the connections in the back getting knocked during transportation? Just an idea, but on large mixer road cases, they have a little compartment in back (a “dog house”) with a lid, for all of the permanent cabling to be safe.

• I like that the audio interface is underneath the iPad. Hidden but accessible.

• @Processaurus said:
    I like your boxes. WoodBox3 as well. Are you worried about the connections in the back getting knocked during transportation? Just an idea, but on large mixer road cases, they have a little compartment in back (a “dog house”) with a lid, for all of the permanent cabling to be safe.

Hey, that's a cool solution. i thought about that problem - first i was considering to built something like that, or to extend the backside of the box. then i decided to secure Octatrack and interface with some velcro and i got an upholstered keyboard gigbag in which i put the setup with the wooden frontside facing downwards. Works great for now.

• edited September 2019

@Processaurus said:
    I like that the audio interface is underneath the iPad. Hidden but accessible.

Yeah to be honest it was just another coincidence... not only is the iPad the same size as the octatrack, But also interface+iPad were the same height as the OT (without the rubber feet, which i replaced with velcro). So ipad plus interface are looking like a combined device

• Look beautifull but take care about the heat of the ICA4+ and iPad 🥵
    I leave in tropical island and my ICA4+ and my iPad sometimes is really hot 🔥

• thanks for the hint. There are some pads under the ipad and they create some distance - also my ipad never gets THAT hot. But i will definitely keep an eye on it. thnx !

@Hkor said:
    Look beautifull but take care about the heat of the ICA4+ and iPad 🥵
    I leave in tropical island and my ICA4+ and my iPad sometimes is really hot 🔥

• great design. it's both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
    what apps are you running most on this setup?

• @BitterGums said:
    great design. it's both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
    what apps are you running most on this setup?

thnx! AUM for all the routing and to record the set, and then inside AUM as Auv3 some granular stuf like spacecraft, some moog synths, additional effects mainly audiodamage, fabfilter stuff for mastering/eq. But i’m still exploring because until now i used ipad+aum for live looping in enso, but this is the octatrack’s job now ;) I think i am going to add one small analog synth/drum, maybe a volca or minitaur or modal (also powered by this “system”) which can be connected “externally” in two seconds: midi, power, audio and it’s done (i hate connecting 100 things beforehand- it’s blocking my creativity, which again is the main reason for me building these woodboxes)

• cool, thanks. can't go wrong with a volca beats. get one used for 100 it's a great deal ..i've been watching that modal one tho too.

• edited September 2019

Wow man, that wood looks gorgeous! What is it? Oak?
    I have a piece of rosewood lying around, a reclaimed roof rafter which I will use for something sooner or later.

In the meantime I've been messing with briefcases.

• very cool ! the wood I used is oak, yes !