Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• @echoopera said:
    Stop the teasing and release already :)
    https://media.giphy.com/media/xUA7aTciVnJtJHGTaU/giphy.gif

+1 This thing looks the business. I’m very keen to slash some cash on it.

• Looks sweet, I’m sure you got enough testers, so I’ll be waiting for the release date!

• Writing sequence, zooming automation and working with probability...

• Best drum machine ever!

• It looks truly gorgeous. Insta, as they say.
    But can I ask one question about that video above? THRILLED by the per-step probability. But is there a way to resize the automation lanes in sync with the step sequencer? I like that you can zoom in independently on the note grid or the probability, but I was getting really squirrelly watching the notes not align with the probability grid! One was at 1/8th notes, the other seemed to be 1/32nds.
    Or am I crazy?

• Will this have a note repeat section for live playing?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Will this have a note repeat section for live playing?

See Roll button.

• @auxmux said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

See Roll button.

Is there a video or screenshot u know of that shows what happens when u hit it? Does the left hand screen change to show different rolls 1/4-1/8-1/16 etc?

• @ExAsperis99 you're right, now they're independant, maybe I can sync them...I'll see
    @ipadbeatmaking yes, it's called roll

RedSkyLullaby make a quick video using the trap kit...

• @ElliottGarage so freaking cool. Just out of curiosity, will we be able to create slices to pads from samples? Or do they need to come in Pre-Sliced and manually added to each pad?

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @ExAsperis99 you're right, now they're independant, maybe I can sync them...I'll see
    @ipadbeatmaking yes, it's called roll

RedSkyLullaby make a quick video using the trap kit...

Cool beat. Is there a video or screenshot u know of that shows what happens when u hit ‘roll’? Does the left hand screen change to show different rolls 1/4-1/8-1/16 etc?

• This is going to, how you say, change the game.
    @ElliottGarage Thanks for all your hard work.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@auxmux said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

See Roll button.

Is there a video or screenshot u know of that shows what happens when u hit it? Does the left hand screen change to show different rolls 1/4-1/8-1/16 etc?

@ElliottGarage said:
    Trap rolls on fire :D

Think this clip was from the ‘Alpha’...

Probability is a big plus.. So many developers on both desktop and iOS ignore it.. Thanks for implementing..

• @RajahP said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@auxmux said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

See Roll button.

@ElliottGarage said:
    Trap rolls on fire :D

Think this clip was from the ‘Alpha’...

Thanks for that. I’m still not positive about what I’m seeing in terms of 1/4-1/8-1/16th etc being there but I guess that’ll come in due time.

Are the pads chromatic like in BM3 where with a keyboard u can change the pitch of each pad?

• Thanks for that. I’m still not positive about what I’m seeing in terms of 1/4-1/8-1/16th etc being there but I guess that’ll come in due time.

Are the pads chromatic like in BM3 where with a keyboard u can change the pitch of each pad?

• @ElliottGarage do you have a ballpark release date?

• @ElliottGarage said:

Thanks for that. I’m still not positive about what I’m seeing in terms of 1/4-1/8-1/16th etc being there but I guess that’ll come in due time.

Got it! Is it possible to get more than 4 options at a time and are they customizable for example, instead of 1/8-1/16-1/32-1/64 change it to 1/16-1/16T-1/32-1/64 or whatever else?

And are the pads chromatic like in BM3 where with a keyboard u can change the pitch of each pad while playing?

• edited September 2019

Does this have timestretching of samples? And do the samples get sent along with a preset if you transfer between devices?

• Nice! I think this will be even more useful to me than Patterning, because auv3, and also because I prefer to work with the whole sequence grid at once, while Patterning only lets you expand one track at a time in its circular timeline.

• @gregsmith said:
    Does this have timestretching of samples? And do the samples get sent along with a preset if you transfer between devices?

Yes timestretch is most missing feature in all AUv3 plugins excepted BeatHawk no sampler rompler have this facility.
    I really hope EG Pulse can achieve this

• @Jeezs said:

@gregsmith said:

Yes timestretch is most missing feature in all AUv3 plugins excepted BeatHawk no sampler rompler have this facility.
    I really hope EG Pulse can achieve this

Forgot beathawk had it! It was a bit buggy when I last used it, but that was over a year ago. Might give it another go.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@ElliottGarage said:

Got it! Is it possible to get more than 4 options at a time and are they customizable for example, instead of 1/8-1/16-1/32-1/64 change it to 1/16-1/16T-1/32-1/64 or whatever else?

And are the pads chromatic like in BM3 where with a keyboard u can change the pitch of each pad while playing?

Quoting myself to hopefully get some answers to these from @ElliottGarage or anyone else in the know

• No time stretching, actually sample editor allows to change sample start, attack time,release time and sample length. Btw the app is intended to be a Drum Machine more than a sampler, and all the workflow is designed around this idea. Time by time, following some user requests, I added more functionalities that I thought (see probability) and more I'll release in the future again following users feedback. The full feature list will be revealed very soon ;)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    No time stretching, actually sample editor allows to change sample start, attack time,release time and sample length. Btw the app is intended to be a Drum Machine more than a sampler, and all the workflow is designed around this idea. Time by time, following some user requests, I added more functionalities that I thought (see probability) and more I'll release in the future again following users feedback. The full feature list will be revealed very soon ;)

It still sounds great.

What does ‘sample length’ do? Does it change how much of the sample is played or pitch it up/down to make it shorter/longer?

Also where are presets stored? Is it easy to pass presets including samples between devices?

• edited September 2019

Sample length just change how much the sample is played...and you can set the release time too and the start, if you want to extract a single part inside a longer file. Then you have the pitch control in the mixer view.

Actually users can export/import only banks, that include the 16 patterns, the song, the automations and a reference to a drumkit. Drumkits inclused the actual samples with samples editor and the mixer configuration, but they cannot be exported. You can still manually pass the single samples.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Sample length just change how much the sample is played...and you can set the release time too and the start, if you want to extract a single part inside a longer file. Then you have the pitch control in the mixer view.

Actually users can export/import only banks, that include the 16 patterns, the song, the automations and a reference to a drumkit. Drumkits inclused the actual samples with samples editor and the mixer configuration, but they cannot be exported. You can still manually pass the single samples.

That’s a shame about the samples. Audiolayer handles this well with iCloud support so you can download a preset to a device with one click.

Does the au instance hold all the samples so they’ll go with a daw project that contains them if you transfer it somewhere?