Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Taming the Beast that is iVCS3 part 3 - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

The long awaited iVCS3 part 3 video is LIVE!!!

Comments

• hurrah!
    ... and why is this on page 2? bump:)

• Thanks for the bump - too many folks on the board today pushing me off the front page!!

• You deserve it @Daveypoo !
    Your videos are really interesting!
    Cheers!
    Flo

• Great video once again. Does this conclude the series?

• Not necessarily - if people continue to be into these, I'll keep making them. I'd like to do at least one more covering the sampler, sequencer and deeper EMS Essential Mods functions...

• @Daveypoo said:
    Not necessarily - if people continue to be into these, I'll keep making them. I'd like to do at least one more covering the sampler, sequencer and deeper EMS Essential Mods functions...

I, for one, would be very much in favor of this. If you ever make it to London, I’d buy you a quality beverage of your choice as a totally-not-a-bribe bribe.

• I do not accept bribes. I will, however, accept your gracious not-a-bribe beverage as a token of your esteem, good sir.

• A great help at clearing the swirling virtual fog from a somewhat opaque half century old OS - many thanks !

• Thanks, @Paul16 !

I'm fascinated by older synths like the Korg MS-20, Moog Model 15, the VCS3, the ARP 2600 & Odyssey, etc. Since it's highly unlikely I'll get my hands on any of these (vintage or modern), I've been diving in to the iOS recreations.

I have always felt that if I understood the theory behind some of these older synths (i.e. how to program them at least), it would help me understand modern synth architecture more deeply. That and I find it fascinating to pull "modern" synth tones out of these older designs.

That being said, I also just want to be able to USE this dang thing that I purchased! I can make some excellent bloops and bleeps, but to make it MUSICAL is an entirely separate skill.

• Thanks so much for this series of vids. Super super helpful and enlightening. You’ve done it again.

• Thank you, @kinkujin - I'm so glad you are enjoying the videos!