Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Could you help me with Quantum sync in AUM ?

2»

Comments

• @ccs2 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@midiSequencer said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@aplourde said:

@midiSequencer pretty please make it persistent!

You nailed it! To my ears it is consistently late. Please can we have quantum corrected.

It is going to vary per device, so I'm going to change Quantum to at least default it to about 0.09 & allow it to restore if you change it.

The reason for the need for a pre-delay is that Quantum is focused on real-time control - i.e. it calculates the steps as you are about to play them so you can tweak it live. This takes cpu time, so the small adjustment enables Quantum to run ahead of the host beat.

Would be great if you can update this adjustment please.

@midiSequencer

And here it is. :)

Sweet!

• edited September 2019

@[Deleted User] said:
    Ok maybe I can’t work it out, I have stepbud sequencer and that uses ableton link and syncs automatically on start/stop no problem.

If you are hosting SB as an AU, it probably uses host sync directly, and not Link.
    If Quantum could use IAA sync when hosted, it might sync better.

Anyway, the fix is in.
    Hope it work better for you now.

• @CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Ok maybe I can’t work it out, I have stepbud sequencer and that uses ableton link and syncs automatically on start/stop no problem.

If you are hosting SB as an AU, it probably uses host sync directly, and not Link.

Anyway, the fix is in.

Hey man 😀 actually i was referring to SB standalone using AB.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Anyway, the fix is in.

Then I am an idiot! 😂
    Never mind.
    Nothing to see here.
    🖖

• @CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Anyway, the fix is in.

Then I am an idiot! 😂
    Never mind.
    Nothing to see here.
    🖖

No! You are awesome 🙂

• Bumping this: I just got Quantum but am having issues syncing with AUM.

I opened quantum first and set it up to follow AUM and receive MMC. Then I put Quantum in an IAA slot in AUM and route it to my synth. I hit start in AUM and Quantum says it’s waiting for a clock. What am I doing wrong?

TIA.

• @JES000000 said:
    Bumping this: I just got Quantum but am having issues syncing with AUM.

I opened quantum first and set it up to follow AUM and receive MMC. Then I put Quantum in an IAA slot in AUM and route it to my synth. I hit start in AUM and Quantum says it’s waiting for a clock. What am I doing wrong?

TIA.

Did you turn on midi clock in AUM and set Quantum as the destination?

• Thanks and yes.

• @JES000000 said:
    Thanks and yes.

In Quantum, you need to turn settings in a few places. In options, turn of MMC as it isn't relevant to AUM and using MIDI Clock. Set Slave mode on in options.

Then in the Devices setup panel, go to the MIDI Input page, select Quantum and turn on MIDI CLock so that it will receive MIDI Clock.

And of course make sure that MIDI Clock send is turned on in AUM and that Quantum is the target.

• edited July 2023

Thank you! Unfortunately I’m still having trouble. Here are my settings in AUM

And here is the error I’m getting in Quantum when I try and activate “Receive MIDI clock.”

• @JES000000 : please see my post that shows the settings you need in the Quantum options panel. You don’t show them. Also, quantum is not active. Look at my midi input panel screenshot. Notice that Quantum is active. Match all the settings I show in both panels.

• Thanks. I did follow your settings in options but didn’t notice the “quantum active” button. That was it.