Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland have gone gear crazy again!

edited September 2019 in Other

Something new from Roland the video doesn’t show much. Hopefully there be more details soon.

Comments

• Great!... I do miss my old MC 505.. I do hope its the sign of slowly bringing back the MC909 back, but updated version of course eventually.

• I hope this doesn't come from peer pressure from behringer and that they actually come out with a real sampling groove box to rival the ages, nobody wants that Fantom stuff, they could have used that time, money, and energy on something else!

• The MC-303 started it all for me, so I hope they are respectful to its heritage as the grandaddy of all grooveboxes.

• MC707 will be mine! 😁

• That 707 seems to be making the headlines looks pretty sweet.

• MC707 is genius. Best groovebox for that price at the market. Drums,cool synth engine, audio tracks, effects ..

• edited September 2019

@Tarekith said:
    MC707 will be mine! 😁

lol I knew you were gonna say that!

will be looking forward to your in depth

• edited September 2019

Liking that mc-101, yet it touts USB audio interface for recording to and from, but then doesn’t list it including a USB cable? :#

Weird is all I’m saying. :p

Anyone know what it will cost?

• @dendy said:
    MC707 is genius. Best groovebox for that price at the market. Drums,cool synth engine, audio tracks, effects ..

Do these new 'things' offer class-compliant usb-audio or do they still need stinking drivers to work properly?
    (The need for a driver to get audio over USB from Roland stuff really puts me off big time and that also makes then 'unfriendly' for usage with iOS devices).

• Bo's beat sounds like fresh and clean by Outkast

• @e121 said:
    Liking that mc-101, yet it touts USB audio interface for recording to and from, but then doesn’t list it including a USB cable? :#

Sounds good! Hope it will record in stereo...

• is the mc-101 class compliant I wonder, I've got two Roland mx-1's and they are not class compliant grrrrr
    makes me wonder where the heck is the MX-2?

• Unconfirmed forum rumor:

707 - $999
    101 - $499

About what I expected.

• tr8s are already going up for sale

• @rs2000 said:

@e121 said:

Specs say it will hold 12 minutes mono and 6 stereo:

https://www.roland.com/global/products/mc-101/specifications/

Nothing about USB recording capabilities though.

• Finally... now an sp808 and mc909 please...

• 3000 plus tones? That’s a lot and that’s what I like. 707 or 101? I think I’m veering towards the 101. There is no major difference in functionality I am picking up- this can’t be true surely?
    They should be class compliant in this day and age

• @e121 said:

@rs2000 said:

@e121 said:

Specs say it will hold 12 minutes mono and 6 stereo:

https://www.roland.com/global/products/mc-101/specifications/

Nothing about USB recording capabilities though.

Thanks for the link!
    They even have a preliminary manual already:
    https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/mc-101/owners_manuals/

USB is a type B connector so that tells me you cannot connect an audio or MIDI interface.
    It's most likely for sending audio and MIDI to your Win/Mac machine, no sampling at all.
    USB drivers are also available for download (Win, Mac).

• I think Roland have missed the boat for so long and in so many ways (Roland cloud) that they will struggle to compete.

People have been begging them for certain things for decades and they are finally available. Just from a different manufacturer and for a lot less cash.

• I wonder why all of those Roland synths, that were made in recent years can’t send audio over USB to iPads? They seem to be pretty good match price and size wise. I read something about them not being class compliant or something. But why?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I think Roland have missed the boat for so long and in so many ways (Roland cloud) that they will struggle to compete.

People have been begging them for certain things for decades and they are finally available. Just from a different manufacturer and for a lot less cash.

@vov said:
    I wonder why all of those Roland synths, that were made in recent years can’t send audio over USB to iPads? They seem to be pretty good match price and size wise. I read something about them not being class compliant or something. But why?

Exactly what I was thinking. They're a bit late with this comparably restricted feature set at a relatively high price. People who love anything new will certainly buy it tho :D

• vovvov
    edited September 2019

If they make hardware wich isn’t class compliant they could at least have made drivers for iOS, but they didn’t. It’s like iOS is a third class system.

• MC707 looks most interesting out of bunch.

• edited September 2019

@auxmux said:
    MC707 looks most interesting out of bunch.

Price-wise it's somewhere between an AKAI Force and an MPC Live.
    Must be good then ;)

• Anyone heard of a release date for the MC’s?

• @e121 said:

I'm happy there's not one in there. The last thing I need is more USB cables.

• @robosardine said:
    Anyone heard of a release date for the MC’s?

19th Sept

• The prices are ridiculous. Somebody tell Roland t's not the 80's anymore.

• @supadom said:
    The prices are ridiculous. Somebody tell Roland t's not the 80's anymore.

:D