Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK Multimedia Pick and Mix [desktop]

edited August 2019 in Other

There is a good desktop deal on right now. Buy one, get X plugins added (depending on how many people buy in - currently 4 free products) [Edit - now 7 free] https://www.ikmultimedia.com/pickandmix/

If you combine it with the Fender Collection 2 offer at JRR (https://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-amplitube-fender-2) then you can buy in for $65. (Add it to your cart and it will discount it by 50%). You can then register this at IK Multimedia for $149 value and pick the other plugins up to that value free of charge.

The tape emulations are supposed to be the best around if you are into that. It’s a cheap way to buy into T-RackS 5 as well which is 9 plugins in one.

Comments

• I just bought ARC 2.5 with the measurement mic for $99 from musicians friend and now it's up to 6 free titles, with them adding another tier for 7.

Although the headline slightly misleading as the products are all separate pieces of bigger products (individual units of t-racks, amplitube, etc), it's still a great deal and I am going to get the ampeg titles and the tape machines. Arc will be useful to make some improvements to my mixing space- I have some acoustic treatment but not done yet and this will help augment that. Plus it gives me another measurement mic.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I just bought ARC 2.5 with the measurement mic for $99 from musicians friend and now it's up to 6 free titles, with them adding another tier for 7.

Although the headline slightly misleading as the products are all separate pieces of bigger products (individual units of t-racks, amplitube, etc), it's still a great deal and I am going to get the ampeg titles and the tape machines. Arc will be useful to make some improvements to my mixing space- I have some acoustic treatment but not done yet and this will help augment that. Plus it gives me another measurement mic.

Nice @mrufino1 - that ARC system will be a really useful purchase by the looks of it.

This really is turning out to be the deal of the year for me. It looks like it is going to work out at just over $8 per plugin for some of the nicest desktop plugins I own. Amazing.

• Definitely a good deal. I just got a uad Apollo x8 in July which is amazing (especially the unison preamps) and I’m looking at mostly ua plugins these days, but this was a really good deal that I couldnt pass up- I'm particularly looking at the amp Sim stuff as ua doesn't do anything different than others in that area.

• Puh, still nine days to resist. Hard job.
    I‘m still using TRacks3-VSTs.

• Their synth or drum machine isn’t a ‘qualifying purchase’ is it?

• @dreamsaremaps said:
    Their synth or drum machine isn’t a ‘qualifying purchase’ is it?

No, it isn‘t.

• Ooh they are getting close to 8 free plugins in this group buy!

• We're at 3,429 participants and the Group Buy runs through tomorrow. Almost there! Make EIGHT free products happen. Share or participate in the Pick & Mix Group Buy and we'll be able to get to the last tier.

• @ikmultimedia said:
    We're at 3,429 participants and the Group Buy runs through tomorrow. Almost there! Make EIGHT free products happen. Share or participate in the Pick & Mix Group Buy and we'll be able to get to the last tier.

Thanks for one day extension 😉

• This got an extension to the end of the month and now has two more tiers!

• @gusgranite said:

@ikmultimedia said:
    We're at 3,429 participants and the Group Buy runs through tomorrow. Almost there! Make EIGHT free products happen. Share or participate in the Pick & Mix Group Buy and we'll be able to get to the last tier.

Thanks for one day extension 😉

Technically it was a 3-day extension first :smiley: but now:

@Liquidmantis said:
    This got an extension to the end of the month and now has two more tiers!

No problem! Let's get to the top: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/pickandmix/

• Oh cool, I am very very happy with the arc system, it really helped, and the offer for the extra software has been wonderful, I've wanted to get desktop amplitube for a while. I think I'll be adding the fender collection 1 with the 8th free title that showed up in my account.

• If anyone is interested, Audiodeluxe has saturator x for $29 and then you get another 8 under $79 for free- I liked saturator x when I demoed it last week but decided to go for the fender collection instead. Now I'm glad I waited. Although there isn't a lot under $79 to choose from, I was interested in mic room as a tool to have when needed, so for free why not.

• edited September 2019

This deal is totally crazy. I took the saturator for $29 from AudioDeluxe (will be at that price till tomorrow I think), got another eight plugins under $79 for free and then bought the Fender Collection 1 from JRR for $49.50 (shows $99 but goes half when added to cart) and can now pick another eight plugins under $99 at IK (the tapes !!).

Seems a bit cheeky though and I can imagine IK might not be very happy seeing it handled that way.

• Just be aware the tapes really eat cpu, I am not able to use them in harrison mixbus 32c in my session, I'll have to use it afterwards when I master. Or at least that's been true so far. The tapes do sound really really good, maybe that's why. I'll have to check again to see if maybe I have a high oversampling setting or something, that just occurred to me while typing.

• The tapes are unbelievably good. My favorite tape emulations by far, but the CPU is insane. Currently they run internally at 192 no matter what.

• For the tapes, since tapes aren't typically tweaked much beyond IPS and basic settings then left alone, most freeze them once instantiated on a track at which point they'd be using zero CPU.

• @ikmultimedia said:
    For the tapes, since tapes aren't typically tweaked much beyond IPS and basic settings then left alone, most freeze them once instantiated on a track at which point they'd be using zero CPU.

Well maybe in the real world but we are talking about the DAW world. We never had several LA-2A’s to choose from before but that hasn’t stopped us from limiting them in our projects. ;)

I do understand it using a lot of CPU because it’s very very good, but I don’t think expecting people to use a digital tool in an analogue fashion is a safe bet.

Still my favorite tape emulations by a large margin.

• @ikmultimedia said:
    For the tapes, since tapes aren't typically tweaked much beyond IPS and basic settings then left alone, most freeze them once instantiated on a track at which point they'd be using zero CPU.

Unfortunately I use harrison mixbus 32c so no freezing for me, but I'll just have to use it in a mastering session after I've mixed.

But the ik tape plugins do sound fantastic- they are subtle but effective, which I think is very good.

• edited September 2019

For anyone hoping to jump in on this great deal, you can buy the T-RackS EQ-73 for $64 and that gets you in on the group buy at the $125 tier. It looks like we are going to get 10 free plugins with this deal (currently at 9).

https://esoundz.com/plugins/t_racks-eq-73/5268.html