Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit Synth One - 60 FREE Presets with an Ozrics/Ambient flavour - by Spidericemidas.

Comments

• @PhilW said:
    Many thanks - some wonderful presets here, the arps in particular are inspiring!

Great! I always find that other designer’s presets using arps are the most inspiring type of presets to give me something to build on. So I am making more presets of my own these days using arps where the synth allows.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Thanks for sharing the track here. It’s mind blowing especially as it’s Gadget work! Hopefully you’ll find some use from some of these new presets to get you inspired to make more awesome Ozrics style tracks!

🕷🙏

I have to use them, I really do. So far didn't find a way out of the walled garden of Gadget, but your sounds alone are a big reason to explore some new possibilities (other DAWs are waiting on my iPad...)
    Just checked out your presets; they are absolutely marvelous. I'll be going to figure out how many of your sounds I can put into my next track... might be a lot of them...😁

I think the best way to get these into Gadget might be to first load Synth One into AUM and record precise loops of these arps/sequences in AUM (AUM can record exact timed loops, check out Dean’s Electronisounds YT channel recent upload on recording exact loops in AUM if you don’t know how to do this already). Then either import them directly into Zurich (if they don’t exceed 16 bars), or use Audioshare to chop the loops into smaller sections first and import to Zurich, or chop them into even smaller loops and import across Bilbao pads to trigger sequentially thus reconstructing the whole loop. If you keep the same tempo in the apps throughout this process, everything will re-align in Gadget.

Cubasis could do this much more easily as audio tracks. NS2 will as well when it gets audio track update.

Precise loops are also conveniently recorded with loopy/AUM/AB, too. I find it even easier to do than AUM. And the loops are accessible via the Files app now that Loopy has exposed its folder.

More info here:

https://wiki.audiob.us/loopy_aum_integration_with_audiobus_3

• @LeonKowalski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    I think the best way to get these into Gadget might be to first load Synth One into AUM and record precise loops of these arps/sequences in AUM (AUM can record exact timed loops, check out Dean’s Electronisounds YT channel recent upload on recording exact loops in AUM if you don’t know how to do this already). Then either import them directly into Zurich (if they don’t exceed 16 bars), or use Audioshare to chop the loops into smaller sections first and import to Zurich, or chop them into even smaller loops and import across Bilbao pads to trigger sequentially thus reconstructing the whole loop. If you keep the same tempo in the apps throughout this process, everything will re-align in Gadget.

Cubasis could do this much more easily as audio tracks. NS2 will as well when it gets audio track update.

Thanks a lot! I already thought of doing that, but I had no idea about the best way to do it. I'll check out Dean's video, I'm a subscriber to his channel, so I shouldn't have overlooked it...

Btw...you will probably need to experiment with tweaking the step number in the arp setting together with the delay speeds of these patches to get them to properly sync with the beat you’re using.

I’m in AUM with its Link enabled using a 4-on-floor kick from Noir as a guide with AUM as the trigger and transport. Some patches will sound out of sync until you tweak the arp step number and delay speed to suit the beat, if you see what I mean? 😉

I see what you mean, and I already noticed that. Whoohoo, I'm learning! 🤪

Yeah, I’ve got Link enabled in AUM and in Synth One with Atom as the midi controller. Running against a simple beat from Noir to guide me, I found that some patches sounded awfully out of sync. But when I adjusted the arp step setting and delay speed, everything clicked into place nicely.

The patches were designed just as they are and in sync within Synth One by itself, so they sound fine on their own, but they will need adjusting with a little experimentation on the arp steps and delay speeds to get them to properly fit the beat you’re using.

Once synced properly to a beat, using the loop recording method shown in Dean’s AUM tutorial should give you perfectly timed complete seamless audio loops to drop into a DAW.

Yay! 👊😊

• @espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    Thanks for sharing the track here. It’s mind blowing especially as it’s Gadget work! Hopefully you’ll find some use from some of these new presets to get you inspired to make more awesome Ozrics style tracks!

🕷🙏

I have to use them, I really do. So far didn't find a way out of the walled garden of Gadget, but your sounds alone are a big reason to explore some new possibilities (other DAWs are waiting on my iPad...)
    Just checked out your presets; they are absolutely marvelous. I'll be going to figure out how many of your sounds I can put into my next track... might be a lot of them...😁

Precise loops are also conveniently recorded with loopy/AUM/AB, too. I find it even easier to do than AUM. And the loops are accessible via the Files app now that Loopy has exposed its folder.

More info here:

Oh sweet! Thanks for the tip! I still need to get Loopy, then I will try it that way. Good stuff. I think Enso might also work? Much appreciated info! 😎🙏

• @LeonKowalski Sorry! Just realised, it’s the Div setting on the Arp that will need adjusting to fit the beat mainly, not so much the Step setting.

• Thank you Spider!

• @Simon said:
    Thank you Spider!

Cheers! ✌️😎

• Thanks, Spider! You ROCK!

• Many thanks for these great presets Spidericemidas !

• @Spidericemidas Wow. Thanks so much for these. Every single patch sounds amazing. Thanks for such a wonderfully inspiring gift 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

• I didn't get to read the entire thread, but..
    When I opened them on my iPhone, the names of the presets are listed in the spider folder, but all the presets are just some high pitched piano Type sound. It even replaced the old presets with the same sound so I dunno what I did, but I'm a delete em and get the old ones back.. The entire folder is basically the same sound

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Thanks, Spider! You ROCK!

🤘😝 Thank you!

• @at2 said:
    Many thanks for these great presets Spidericemidas !

Cheers! They were fun to make 🤓🎧🎹🎛

• @echoopera said:
    @Spidericemidas Wow. Thanks so much for these. Every single patch sounds amazing. Thanks for such a wonderfully inspiring gift 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

I thought I’d have a go at seeing what I could do with Synth One seeing as I’ve also done stuff for D1 and FM Player 2. The three AudioKit Synths are an awesome trio! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• @reasOne said:
    I didn't get to read the entire thread, but..
    When I opened them on my iPhone, the names of the presets are listed in the spider folder, but all the presets are just some high pitched piano Type sound. It even replaced the old presets with the same sound so I dunno what I did, but I'm a delete em and get the old ones back.. The entire folder is basically the same sound

Hmm that’s strange. I don’t use any music apps on iPhone (except Figure for quick messing around with), so I can’t imagine what happened there. Hope you get it sorted, mate. Matt will probably add these to Synth One’s library in a future update. 🙏

• Thanks! (And it works on iPhone here)

• @Fieberstaub said:
    Thanks! (And it works on iPhone here)

Ah, that’s good to know. Cheers! 👍

• @Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:
    @Spidericemidas Wow. Thanks so much for these. Every single patch sounds amazing. Thanks for such a wonderfully inspiring gift 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️

I thought I’d have a go at seeing what I could do with Synth One seeing as I’ve also done stuff for D1 and FM Player 2. The three AudioKit Synths are an awesome trio! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks for taking the time with these. They are truly wonderful sounding. Great work on all of them. 🙏🏼👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:

Thanks for taking the time with these. They are truly wonderful sounding. Great work on all of them. 🙏🏼👊🏼™️

Thanks very much. Synth One is really good. Can’t believe it’s free! I really enjoyed working on it. 🤓🎧🎹🎛

• @Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

🕷🙏

More info here:

Oh sweet! Thanks for the tip! I still need to get Loopy, then I will try it that way. Good stuff. I think Enso might also work? Much appreciated info! 😎🙏

In my opinion, Enso (or any other single file looper) is far less convenient to use than Loopy (especially now that Loopy's files are exposed to the Files app). When using Loopy, you can record loop after loop (up to 12) from the floating AB palette. No need to open additional windows. Playback automatically stars when you finish recording (though you can also have it set up so that it mutes the just-recorded track if you don't want to hear it). You can change the loop lengths on the fly without briging up the looper's window. You can stay focused on your synth or keyboard without dealing with the looper.

Not to mention that it is way more stable than Enso.

For these reasons, it is also more convenient than AUM's loop recording -- since you have to do menu diving to play back your just-recorded loop.

It is even more convenient than any of the DAWs.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

🕷🙏

More info here:

In my opinion, Enso (or any other single file looper) is far less convenient to use than Loopy (especially now that Loopy's files are exposed to the Files app). When using Loopy, you can record loop after loop (up to 12) from the floating AB palette. No need to open additional windows. Playback automatically stars when you finish recording (though you can also have it set up so that it mutes the just-recorded track if you don't want to hear it). You can change the loop lengths on the fly without briging up the looper's window. You can stay focused on your synth or keyboard without dealing with the looper.

For these reasons, it is also more convenient than AUM's loop recording -- since you have to do menu diving to play back your just-recorded loop.

Thanks for the thoughts and advice. I’ve just installed Loopy and will start catching up on tutorials for it and checking it out. Cheers! 😎🙏

• @Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

🕷🙏

More info here:

Thanks for the thoughts and advice. I’ve just installed Loopy and will start catching up on tutorials for it and checking it out. Cheers! 😎🙏

If you have any questions, let me know. There are links to AB files to get your setup started. Once you have your AB preset setup, getting the whole thing launched is just one or two button presses.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@Spidericemidas said:

🕷🙏

More info here:

If you have any questions, let me know. There are links to AB files to get your setup started. Once you have your AB preset setup, getting the whole thing launched is just one or two button presses.

Ok cool, much appreciated! Looking forward to diving in!

• @Spidericemidas thank you! Takes me back to tripping sodbury .... club dog and the crypt! Also @LeonKowalski brilliant track, reposted and followed!

• idk how to install the presets T_T

• Just export them from dropbox and send them to D1. Press the ... in the upper right i believe on the iPad. They’ll show up in your presets lib.

• Lovely sounds - many thanks !!!

• @raimundoarriagada said:
    idk how to install the presets T_T

save file to Dropbox
    open SynthOne
    click on preset name bar, centre top, opens import options top right
    import preset

• @id_23 said:
    @Spidericemidas thank you! Takes me back to tripping sodbury .... club dog and the crypt! Also @LeonKowalski brilliant track, reposted and followed!

Great times, yes! Still have all the old vinyls and cassettes of Treatment, Mandragora, Oroonies, Ullulators, Magic Mushroom Band, Psi Nukli, Sundial....psychedelia seemed to enjoy a wonderful resurrection back in the late 80s early 90s.

• @Paul16 said:
    Lovely sounds - many thanks !!!

Thanks! Have fun with them!