Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any TB-303 AuV3 apps?

Looking for a good TB-303 AuV3 iPhone app.

I need that juicy acid filter/rez.

Comments

• edited September 2019

I actually like zeeon in mono mode on ios and of course bram made troublemaker with the excellent sequencer. Not sure if they are on iPhone eek 😬

• edited September 2019

Is there anything thing more like the real thing or like the ReBirth synth, with the same controls and control limits?

• Both Zeeon and Troublemaker work great on iPhone.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I actually like zeeon in mono mode on ios and of course bram made troublemaker with the excellent sequencer. Not sure if they are on iPhone eek 😬

+1. They work great on the iPhone.

• No I’m afraid not. Troublemaker will probably be the closest iOS TB-303 type of thing but the difference is clear. It is however an app worth having in its own right and it is not sold as a 303 emulator. So no there is nothing if you are wanting anything near that ‘is that the real thing?’ scenario. The closest you will get to it on a budget is to buy a secondhand Roland TB-3, which will cost you about £130 or equivalent. They are well worth saving up for/buying if you are a lover of the acid squelch. Another thing is they hold their value- they come and go with great regularity and the secondhand price is roughly always the same.

• @JudasZimmerman said:
    Both Zeeon and Troublemaker work great on iPhone.

I have those already. Not what I would use for TB-303 acid.

@robosardine said:
    No I’m afraid not. Troublemaker will probably be the closest iOS TB-303 type of thing but the difference is clear. It is however an app worth having in its own right and it is not sold as a 303 emulator. So no there is nothing if you are wanting anything near that ‘is that the real thing?’ scenario. The closest you will get to it on a budget is to buy a secondhand Roland TB-3, which will cost you about £130 or equivalent. They are well worth saving up for/buying if you are a lover of the acid squelch. Another thing is they hold their value- they come and go with great regularity and the secondhand price is roughly always the same.

I have a Syntecno TeeBee, Mark III.
    It’s awesome, but it isn’t in my phone :smiley:
    First world problems.

• edited September 2019

If you want to get squelchy Aceeeeed old school ReBirth bass with Troublemaker, just use a few of Rozetas LFOs on the resonance , decay, punch etc to assist your manual knob twiddling, in combination with the randomiser features in Rozeta BassLine all running in AUM to create slides. Worked for me yesterday! :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    If you want to get squelchy Aceeeeed old school ReBirth bass with Troublemaker, just use a few of Rozetas LFOs on the resonance , decay, punch etc to assist your manual knob twiddling, in combination with the randomiser features in Rozeta BassLine to create slides. Worked for me yesterday! :)

The resonance doesn’t go high enough etc.
    It’s just not the same.
    BassLine is in it’s own different sweet spot.

• @jolico said:

@JudasZimmerman said:

@robosardine said:
    No I’m afraid not. Troublemaker will probably be the closest iOS TB-303 type of thing but the difference is clear. It is however an app worth having in its own right and it is not sold as a 303 emulator. So no there is nothing if you are wanting anything near that ‘is that the real thing?’ scenario. The closest you will get to it on a budget is to buy a secondhand Roland TB-3, which will cost you about £130 or equivalent. They are well worth saving up for/buying if you are a lover of the acid squelch. Another thing is they hold their value- they come and go with great regularity and the secondhand price is roughly always the same.

First world problems.

Close your eyes tight, clench your fists, gnash your teeth and wish as long and hard as you can until you sweat. Now stop- open your eyes and relax..... any luck?

• @robosardine said:

@jolico said:

@JudasZimmerman said:

@robosardine said:

First world problems.

Close your eyes tight, clench your fists, gnash your teeth and wish as long and hard as you can until you sweat. Now stop- open your eyes and relax..... any luck?

Nope. Need a dentist now.

• Synthmaster One also does a pretty nice 303 emulation

• edited September 2019

@tk32 said:
    Synthmaster One also does a pretty nice 303 emulation

As a huge 303 enthusiast (i even build HW DIY 303 clone for myself, yes, i love 303 almost like NS2 :trollface: ) i had to say maximum 25-30% match :)

Troublemaker is somewhere around 85% match (which is great considering it was not mentioned as pure 303 clone), AudioRealism Bassline (TechnoBox - but not AUv3, even not AB compatible, total abandonware :( is 95% ..

Currently best available HW emulation Cyclone TT-303 Bass Bot V2, i would say 99.99% match :) Considering the price and small size, it's definitely worth to buy as iPAd companion for true 303 sounds for every 303 lover :)

• You can go old school and use samples, i have a soundfont you can have if you have a sampler au? Made this in five minutes to demo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45k5hiak7r2i6hx/303 sample.mov?dl=0

• @dendy said:

@tk32 said:

As a huge 303 enthusiast (i even build HW DIY 303 clone for myself, yes, i love 303 almost like NS2 :trollface: ) i had to say maximum 25-30% match :)

Troublemaker is somewhere around 85% match (which is great considering it was not mentioned as pure 303 clone), AudioRealism Bassline (TechnoBox - but not AUv3, even not AB compatible, total abandonware :( is 95% ..

Currently best available HW emulation Cyclone TT-303 Bass Bot V2, i would say 99.99% match :) Considering the price and small size, it's definitely worth to buy as iPAd companion for true 303 sounds for every 303 lover :)

TechnoBox2 was good. Would be great if they updated to AuV3.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    You can go old school and use samples, i have a soundfont you can have if you have a sampler au? Made this in five minutes to demo.

Thanks, but sampled 303 doesn’t sound like a 303. It sounds like a MC-505.

• @jolico said:

yeah - i also asked them on twitter if they have any plans of port current ABL3 to iOS but didn't get any reply ..

• @dendy said:

@tk32 said:

I dont think the cyclone is that close to the original, i say the Avalon is the closest along with the RE303 replica.

• @dendy said:

@jolico said:

yeah - i also asked them on twitter if they have any plans of port current ABL3 to iOS but didn't get any reply ..

I’ve asked them several times via email. I got one response asking if I was asking for 64 bit support. I replied yes and maybe Audiobus/AUv3. That was 12/2017. Never heard anything else.

Maybe contact them at: [email protected]

• @dendy said:

@tk32 said:

Thanks Dendy.

Yes - I totally agree, which is why I was careful to say 'pretty nice' instead of 'pretty accurate' :D . it's no good for the purists. I only mentioned it in case the OP already had SM One in his plugin library.

• I'm totally aware i'm a bit pain in ass when it comes to 303 emulation purism, it's my obsession for years :))

• I just contacted them via Twitter and email. We’ll see. Rebirth and Technobox are best IMHO. Not that others aren’t good but there is a difference.

• @dendy said:
    AudioRealism Bassline (TechnoBox - but not AUv3, even not AB compatible, total abandonware :( is 95%

Agreed, TechnoBox2 was by far the closest and sounded very similar to ABL2 on desktop. It doesn't work at all on iOS 12 unfortunately, an updated version based on ABL3 would be great!

Troublemaker is fun, but the square wave doesn't really sound like a 303 imo.

• BassLine by FingerPro is Not AUv3 but it is lovely and capture-able in the case you're open to rendering out and incorporating back into tracks as Audio (or self-sampling in the case of NS2 / Gadget etc).

Otherwise I'd say Troublemaker by a country mile despite it not being an exact a 303.

• edited September 2019

TB-03 in Syntronik.
    AU, iPhone, and a lot of filter options that I don’t fully understand.
    Sounds great in my ears.
    But my ears are not connected to your brain.
    More First World problems, I guess.
    😉

• edited September 2019

@CracklePot said:
    TB-03 in Syntronik.

I'll bet for the purists it will sound too much like a MC-303/307/505 :lol:
    Not sure if RD4 is still being developed for iOS. And if it sounds ok.
    And Rhythm Studio had a TB-303 like gadget too

edit/observation: I should have considered if you had them in the past. Maybe they're not available anymore. Sorry :tongue:

• @senhorlampada said:

@CracklePot said:
    TB-03 in Syntronik.

I'll bet for the purists it will sound too much like a MC-303/307/505 :lol:
    Not sure if RD4 is still being developed for iOS. And if it sounds ok.
    And Rhythm Studio had a TB-303 like gadget too

edit/observation: I should have considered if you had them in the past. Maybe they're not available anymore. Sorry :tongue:

Bet?
    Ok.
    You’re on.
    🤓

• edited September 2019

I usually use troublemaker sequenced by Rozeta bassline and am always happy with the results. I really wish ims-20 would go auv3 but I do get some great squelchies with that thing

Edit: Also JAF Filter collection has a ms20 filter emulation along with a lot of others that have some pretty nice resonance

• Funny out of all the clones Behringer could have ripped off, 303 was the one i wanted most. Maybe legally Roland had that one covered.

• @jolico said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    You can go old school and use samples, i have a soundfont you can have if you have a sampler au? Made this in five minutes to demo.

Thanks, but sampled 303 doesn’t sound like a 303. It sounds like a MC-505.

No problem ☺️, i’m not familiar with the MC-505.