Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify GrooveBox Creations Thread

edited August 2019 in Creations

Well...I've had the app for ever and had just been noodling on it from time to time, but this week I decided to go deep on the app and it's sibling BlocsWave.

I was always impressed with the app, and after I spent a few hours with it and the Novation Launchkey mini plugged in to it, I realized the magic it possesses. Sure, we don't have automation and a sensible song mode...but who cares. THE SOUNDS!!!

I love the sound of the drums, pads, leads, bass and wavetables...it feels so good deep down in my soul.

Anyhoo, I thought with the recent update of state saving, it made sense to give the app some more attention and exposure on this forum.

So with that, I open the thread to one and all to share their musical GrooveBox musings, and maybe a little break down of how you made the piece.

Here's my first post for the thread...with more to follow...well, at least until the next shiny shiny shows up on our shores. :)

BTW thanks to @jolico for the Bark thread...helped bring this track out of the dark 👊🏼™️

Harmonic Error
Apps used:
GrooveBox for all the main musical bits
BlocsWave for some background pads and light drums
AUM to record everything
Aparillo for some additional layering of Pads and gritty glitch bits

Track:

Many blessings to all!
echo opera

Comments

• edited August 2019

Imagine if they opened up multi Midi input? It would be amazing! To sequence it from Xequence 2 oh man!

Sounds amazing as all your great compositions!☝️🙏❤️🎹🎧🎸

• Echo Opera work inspiration to all. Groovebox great app. Also, as Tones4Christ say, could be even greater with standard addition. B)

• Retrobass is my favorite synth.

It’s like it can’t make any bad sounds. It can only sound good.

• @Tones4Christ @UnoWoo Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. 🙏🏼

Decided to approach the video experience for one of my tracks a little differently this time.

I recorded myself playing the game Sky on my iPad and then added my track to it. Something about the two felt good to me. I think I’ll do this again...there are a lot of really beautiful games on the iPad...and since my tracks tend to be ambient and evolving it might work.

Anyhoo...thanks for giving it a viewing. Let me know what you think about this approach...does it work...is it distracting...many thanks 🙏🏼

Harmonic Error:

• @echoopera said:
    Anyhoo...thanks for giving it a viewing. Let me know what you think about this approach...does it work...is it distracting...many thanks 🙏🏼

Your music work well with Sky. Maybe try collaboration with devs? Uno Woo was on beta for game. Fun to fly in beautiful world. Got fed up with social aspect. ;)

• @UnoWoo said:

@echoopera said:

Your music work well with Sky. Maybe try collaboration with devs? Uno Woo was on beta for game. Fun to fly in beautiful world. Got fed up with social aspect. ;)

Thanks for watching and enjoying 👊🏼™️

• @echoopera said:
    @Tones4Christ @UnoWoo Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. 🙏🏼

Decided to approach the video experience for one of my tracks a little differently this time.

I recorded myself playing the game Sky on my iPad and then added my track to it. Something about the two felt good to me. I think I’ll do this again...there are a lot of really beautiful games on the iPad...and since my tracks tend to be ambient and evolving it might work.

Harmonic Error:

Nice track. The video works well, too!

• @espiegel123 said:

@echoopera said:
    @Tones4Christ @UnoWoo Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. 🙏🏼

Harmonic Error:

Nice track. The video works well, too!

Many thanks. Glad you enjoyed it 👊🏼™️

• Inspiring! I can’t fight this feeling any longer. I’m goin PRO!
    Just happen to have a free day ahead of me too... 🤗

• Another quick little noodle while the little one sleeps:

• Man, this is so dope dude!!

• @echoopera thanks man, thanks to you i found my way to Groovebox and it's realy inspiratice tool. Indon't give a shit about "missing" features, it's simply soo fun (and great sounding) .. and thanks to Live export it's totally easy get loops into NS :-)

• @dendy said:
    it's realy inspiratice tool. Indon't give a shit about "missing" features.

Great view from halfway up Empire State Building, enough for some. :)

• edited September 2019

@UnoWoo said:

@dendy said:
    it's realy inspiratice tool. Indon't give a shit about "missing" features.

Great view from halfway up Empire State Building, enough for some. :)

I'm looking at it more like on stairs, or better lift on ESB ;) it helps you get up to get that perfect view

For me at the moment Groovebox looks like perfect tool for jamming and creating some basic ideas and loops, then transfer them (as i said, thanks to Live export it's super easy) to my daw of choice to add all automations, tweaks, fx and do sequencing stuff

• @dendy said:
    I'm looking at it more like on stairs, or better lift on ESB ;) it helps you get up to get that perfect view

That great ananolgy. :)

• edited September 2019

@dendy yeah. Something just clicked the other day with the app. The Ableton alive export is fantastic.

Another way I’ve set it up is to directly record loops from it into AUM so i can go beyond the 8 channels. You end up with a lot of STEMS you can then move around to your Mastering environment of choice.

Also, I’ve connected it to my LaunchKey and it’s just smooth to create...almost frictionless to be honest.

• @echoopera said:
    Another way I’ve set it up is to directly record loops from it into AUM so i can go beyond the 8 channels. You end up with a lot of STEMS you can then move around to your Mastering environment of choice.

So better recorded to AUM recorder, not other app like ENSO?

• edited September 2019

@UnoWoo said:

@echoopera said:

So better recorded to AUM recorder, not other app like ENSO?

It’s just faster in my opinion. I love the idea of Enso, but it’s been so unstable in my setup that i end up recording in LoopyHD or directly into AUM now.

Dean shows you here:

• @echoopera said:
    It’s just faster in my opinion. I love the idea of Enso, but it’s been so unstable in my setup that i end up recording in LoopyHD or directly into AUM now.

Dean shows you here:

Okay, thanks. :)

• Just cannot get enough 🤪

• how awesome it would be to have Groovebox synths available as individual AUv3 plugins !! @AmpifyxNovation pretty please :-) UI is almost ideal for AUv3 half height format !

• edited September 2019

Yeah it would be pretty slick.

• edited September 2019

Monday was a good day. Nice little groove setup using AUM and some nice BramBos tools. Now it’s time for a bit of the good pool with the family.

• Ok. GrooveBox is really legit. It feels so good to make music using the app. Here’s another little jam featuring a single pattern brought into LaunchPad for some fxing:

• Added some visuals to the latest track:

• edited September 2019

Let me know if this is too much sharing...but i just can’t stop myself using GrooveBox to make harmonious noise🤪🎹🎹🎹

• One can never have too much of a good thing.
    You do incredible work!
    All of your selections in this thread are marvelous.

• Retro Purpleness in Groovebox
    Recording in real time in Aux. Triggering scenes from Groovebox while improvising the vocal through the iPhone mic.

• @echoopera said:
    Let me know if this is too much sharing...but i just can’t stop myself using GrooveBox to make harmonious noise🤪🎹🎹🎹

Keep going, I always felt that Groovebox would suit you :)