Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBooster's Reverb on "Shimmer"

McDMcD
edited August 2019 in Creations

I put some chips down on the ToneBooster's Reverb bet and it paid off.
The "Shimmer" adds these subtle background string shadows that make a
just a few notes sound magical.

Additional FX provided Pro-MB and Fiddlicator with a Mesa Boogie IR for the
rich guitar tone.

Comments

• Beautiful tone and playing! Love that shimmer effect!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Beautiful tone and playing! Love that shimmer effect!

Thanks. It's a lovely reverb with dozens of interesting presets. There are many
    that have LFO options for filtering, etc.

• edited August 2019

Indeed. Both you and the app. Your best to date.

• Evocative. Ethereal. Enticing.

• @McD said:

rich guitar tone.

Very nice! The tone and playing is great.

Which Mesa Boogie IR did you use. I need a nice cabinet IR.

• @espiegel123 said:

@McD said:

rich guitar tone.

OwnHammer serves up some free Cab IR's and one of them is a Mesa Boogie collection called 412 MES-ST V60.

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=181&products_id=411&zenid=c29b98d952029e4738106a186ac63743

Fiddlicator is free with a $5 IAP to play longer IR's. It's an IAA app but one is enough. The AU Reverb with IR loading has to be soon, right? You might still only be able to run 1 but having the GUI in the AU window would be nice.

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:

@McD said:

rich guitar tone.

OwnHammer serves up some free Cab IR's and one of them is a Mesa Boogie collection called 412 MES-ST V60.

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=181&products_id=411&zenid=c29b98d952029e4738106a186ac63743

Fiddlicator is free with a $5 IAP to play longer IR's. It's an IAA app but one is enough. The AU Reverb with IR loading has to be soon, right? You might still only be able to run 1 but having the GUI in the AU window would be nice.

Is that free mesa IR the one you used?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Is that free mesa IR the one you used?

Yes. I haven't paid for any IR's. I suspect the rights on IR files are what's holding back dev's from shipping an AUv3 product.

• I used TB Reverb in both reverb and shimmer modes to enhance this all in 1 take jam in my newly rewired music room. Forgive the occasional bum note, I’m not a great keyboard player and I was making it up as I went along. Recorded in 3 channels AUM (dry, shimmer, reverb), mixed in Cubasis.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I used TB Reverb in both reverb and shimmer modes to enhance this all in 1 take jam in my newly rewired music room. Forgive the occasional bum note, I’m not a great keyboard player and I was making it up as I went along. Recorded in 3 channels AUM (dry, shimmer, reverb), mixed in Cubasis.

Nice!

BladeRunner 3 OST? :)

What synths did you use?

• edited October 2019

Lol. All of them...

Hardware was Kawai K1 II, MicroKorg mk1, Yamaha P60, Akai Miniak, Novation XioSynth and the X-Station driving Arminator 2 on my laptop. I’ve never recorded an improvised piece by playing all the parts at once before, so it was largely a process of me throwing myself a load of musical curve balls and trying to get out of trouble when I didn’t hit the notes I was anticipating...

• edited October 2019

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    .., so it was largely a process of me throwing myself a load of musical curve balls and trying to get out of trouble when I didn’t hit the notes I was anticipating...

Well, that sounds like an accurate description of my whole musical career...

Great jam!

• Really nice track... makes me want to make another one. Vangelis "Blade Runner" echoes throughout.

I deleted the SoundCloud file that was the reason for my original post. I'm hesitating on paying for unlimited upload space and keep hitting the max. limit. There is a sale right now for 30% off the Pro level.

• Yeah, I’m near the free limit, but I do have old crap I can get rid of. I also seem to have a second free Soundcloud account linked to my Facebook account and I’ve no idea how I ended up with it...