Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @Samu Yep, it’s an awesome arp/sequencer and it didn’t make sense to not include it in Lexington.
    Particularly since iPolysix and KEW arps are included in their gadgets. :|

• But this are just basic arps,hard to compare with Oddy.I wonder why they put them in at all...every channel in G already has a basic arp...

• @Samu said:

@Crabman said:

Oh,and i need to buy that Nanokey studio as well now...

Some like it, some don't. I love mine...

One 'sample mangler tip' in Vancouver is to map the knobs to sample-start & loop length making automation a bit easier.
    Sure it's possible to tap & swipe on the screen but triggering notes while tweaking a knob is more satisfying :D

Love mine too, but the native mode mappings for Vancouver, Bilbao and a few other gadgets are pretty bad. Guessing you don't use native mode, and use Easy midi mode with your own mappings instead?

• @R_2 said:
    @Samu Yep, it’s an awesome arp/sequencer and it didn’t make sense to not include it in Lexington.
    Particularly since iPolysix and KEW arps are included in their gadgets. :|

Yeah, other 'things' I would love to see is live feedback in the Gadget when editing automation...
    (For example being able to see the sample start when drawing Vancouver automation would be nice. The 'Gadget View' is 'Live' during playback but not during editing...).

But yeah, the automation lates for Lexington would lift it up a notch and we could actually use the IAP Arp/Seq Presets as intended in Gadget too...

Maybe we should tag the Korg Devs more often (unless they have disabled notifications?) when we come up with these small improvements :)

• R_2R_2
    edited August 2019

@Crabman said:
    But this are just basic arps,hard to compare with Oddy.I wonder why they put them in at all...every channel in G already has a basic arp...

Exactly, that’s why it weird to exclude the unique one in Lexington, plus it’s an essential part of some of the factory (iap) presets.

@Samu
    Maybe we should tag the Korg Devs more often (unless they have disabled notifications?) when we come up with these small improvements :)

There were already quite a lot of complaints from people about the missing arp when Lexington was released. Dunno if it’s still viable for them at this point (hope I’m wrong). Whenever I play standalone ODYSSEi and stumble upon the arp presets and hearing how different and alive they sound I get a bit sad.

• @R_2 said:

There were already quite a lot of complaints from people about the missing arp when Lexington was released. Dunno if it’s still viable for them at this point (hope I’m wrong). Whenever I play standalone ODYSSEi and stumble upon the arp presets and hearing how different and alive they sound I get a bit sad.

Well, I still have hopes that iMS-20 will be updated to feature the stuff from the MS-20m, sync, fm, pwm jack and different filter models and as on the desktop enable poly-mode. Wish the LFO would be faster than 10hz too. Other wishes would be individual oscillator outputs (for modulation) and de-coupling keyboard-tracking for some crazy modulations...

I mean it's software so just do a Nike (ie. Just Do It!).

• Oh not Nike. LoL

• Anyone can confirm if the insta beat creator is also available in Stockholm?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Anyone can confirm if the insta beat creator is also available in Stockholm?

You mean 'copy' to slice note triggers to the sequencer? If so then yes... Copy to pattern...
    But you can't load a *.wav file and 'rex it'.

• @Samu said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Anyone can confirm if the insta beat creator is also available in Stockholm?

You mean 'copy' to slice note triggers to the sequencer? If so then yes... Copy to pattern...
    But you can't load a *.wav file and 'rex it'.

i think he means the xy drum pattern creater thats in bilbao, london etc..
    the answer sadly is no :(
    but I don’t think there is anythjng stopping you creating a pattern in london and then changing the instrument to Stockholm ...

• edited August 2019

@Crabman said:

But then some Enlightenment happened a couple of days ago.
    Triggered by the“why no Logic on ios“ thread i stopped being a little
    disappointed about what a great DAW Gadget could be with this and that feature...instead i see it as a phenomenal 21st century groovebox on steroids with comprehensive song mode now (that i still wouldn‘t use but thats okay).

I had the same insight/paradigm shift! As a DAW, Gadget is kinda weak...but as a Groovebox, Gadget is AMAZING! 😁

The Gadget song mode works OK for me as long as I’m using it like a groovebox, i. e, just turning loops & tracks on and off, and basic automation motion sequencing. Anything more complex than that and I need a linear DAW.

• Indeed it is...

And if all they did was add a Parametric EQ or have a 3rd Party design it, that would give us the ability to properly mix in the box, and I wouldn’t even care at that point about them adding audio editing tools or any other feature/usability updates/requests.

• Anyone has a problem with Warszawa with no sound? I see also no wavetable. I tried to delete this Gadget and install it again and there was no change - still no sound. Rest gadgets with iaps works well.

• @MAtrixplan Did you try deleting it both from Settings > Gadget 2 > Utility > Remove Warszawa and also delete/reinstall the standalone?

• @R_2 said:
    @MAtrixplan Did you try deleting it both from Settings > Gadget 2 > Utility > Remove Warszawa and also delete/reinstall the standalone?

Yes I did

• Guess which hirsute guitarist is recommending KORG Gadget?

• @Tickletiger said:
    Guess which hirsute guitarist is recommending KORG Gadget?

Hendrix 🎸

• @R_2 said:

@Tickletiger said:

Hendrix 🎸

Now that would be something!! can you imagine what Hendrix would be doing with today’s tech? No, it isnt Hendrix, but the guy in question did befriend Hendrix, who gave him a rare pink Fender Strat as a gift

• No idea but I’m surprised Korg hasn’t sent out a newsletter about it.

• @Tickletiger said:

@R_2 said:

@Tickletiger said:

Hendrix 🎸

Now that would be something!! can you imagine what Hendrix would be doing with today’s tech?

Rub the iPad with his ‘body’ and turning up the volume with his teeth before setting in on fire ;)

Billy Gibbons?!

• @R_2 said:

@Tickletiger said:

@R_2 said:

@Tickletiger said:

Hendrix 🎸

Now that would be something!! can you imagine what Hendrix would be doing with today’s tech?

Rub the iPad with his ‘body’ and turning up the volume with his teeth before setting in on fire ;)

Billy Gibbons?!

Yes, Billy Gibbons in the October GP. I’d forgotten they used moogs and drum machines so much in the 80s
    Hendrix’ ‘body’ yes, immortalised by Cynthia Plaster Caster!

• @Tickletiger Cool that Gibbons said that. Do you have a link to the full article, or is a subscription needed?
    KORG Gadget®️Rosario and Durban’s modeling amps endorsed by Billy Gibbons - ZZ Top™️

• I think its subscription only, closest I can get you is this from subscription page

• edited September 2019

I'm currently having so much fun routing stuff through Memphis...i wish it would be possible with Rosario and Durban as well.As they are they just collect virtual dust.

I mean,should be pretty easy to implement now...the pipeline is obviously already there.

• @Crabman said:
    I'm currently having so much fun routing stuff through Memphis...i wish it would be possible with Rosario and Durban as well.As they are they just collect virtual dust.

Same with Zurich! Yesterday I somewhat recreated the effects chain of the Korg NTS-1 in Gadget.
    MicroFreak into Zurich with some Ensemble/Chorus, then Delay in IFX Slot 1 and FB Reverb with Submarine in IFX Slot 2.

Now if Gadget also had a proper 'Sampler' to record, trim & edit/loop stuff it would be a pretty neat one-stop app :)
    I will most definitely get the Korg NTS-1 when it becomes available...

One tip to Korg Devs here would be to start with an AUv3 that contains all the effects from all the Gadget with maybe 4 re-arrangeable slots...

• Microfreak is nice,i own one as well 😉👍

Btw,now that i have your attention:is there a way to route the Taipei Midi LFO to Memphis PWM?

• edited September 2019

@Samu said:
    Now if Gadget also had a proper 'Sampler' to record, trim & edit/loop stuff it would be a pretty neat one-stop app :)

Now that the toys are out, it's about time :#

• edited September 2019

@Crabman said:
    Microfreak is nice,i own one as well 😉👍

Btw,now that i have your attention:is there a way to route the Taipei Midi LFO to Memphis PWM?

Have not tried yet but it should be doable since the PWM knob in Memphis is by default mapped to CC#14 ;)

Looks like the 'Internal' midi routing in Gadget is broken. Would have been a nice way to sequence/layer multiple Gadgets from one source hehe...

• edited September 2019

@Samu said:

@Crabman said:

Nice reminder, Sam, but we’ve been asking them for years to simply reuse their Audio apps code for REC INPUT in Vancouver. Again, they’ve never gone back to any gadget to “add” a feature, so I’m not holding my breath.

One tip to Korg Devs here would be to start with an AUv3 that contains all the effects from all the Gadget with maybe 4 re-arrangeable slots...

>
    ALL effects would be nice and we’ve asked this of them in the past and I think that’s when they responded with the 4 newer IFX.. I’m glad at least we have a solid variety of IFX....
    However, ^v (arrange) would be a nice addition for sure.

• @caspergomez said:

@Samu said:

@Crabman said:

Nice reminder, Sam, but we’ve been asking them for years to simply reuse their Audio apps code for REC INPUT in Vancouver. Again, they’ve never gone back to any gadget to “add” a feature, so I’m not holding my breath.

I'm with Samu in that Vancouver might be fun to play with for some of us, but it's far from a "proper sampler". With Stockholm, KORG have shown us what's possible so I guess we just have to wait.