Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Lady App Track: SIDdy Strut (Uses New Korg Gadgets!)

edited August 2019 in Creations

8-Bit Fever continues with this follow up to my recent single, “8-Bit Is Lit”.

Also, this time out, a first ever for the Lady App, a cover!
Uses several Korg Gadgets, including the brand new Ebina, and Otorii gadgets.

Some say the sequel is never as good as the original, but sometimes it’s better. Your call..

http://ladyapp-titude.bandcamp.com/track/siddy-strut

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited August 2019

A good musician can find gold in the mud. This is a really fine track using some of the world's worst digital sound sources. That drum machine is so bad but the rest of the band just accepts a flawed drum track and kicks some major tuchas. The solo at the 2/3rds mark is just perfection in a funk strut.

I suspect having to fire up band camp made too many ignore this little gem of a track. Shame on you. Show the Lady some respect.

#chiptune #hate-bit #SID #MOStech6581 #CommodeDoor64

People who find IOS limiting didn't start early enough in the Digital Revolution and do not have the right battle scars to complain.

• Sweet!
    And good luck fighting the annoying creature :D

• Ah the Meters ! Nice cover , you keep the funk lady!

• Nice ! I think you could make great sounding music with nothing but an old tattered arm chair and a rusty bicycle :)

• edited August 2019

@AndyPlankton said:
    Nice ! I think you could make great sounding music with nothing but an old tattered arm chair and a rusty bicycle :)

Don't ask her to, I bet she would :D

• Very good!

• I'd like to see if this thread can sustain a conversation around monetizing art as a way to pay the bills.

@Lady_App_titude has 3 tunes up for sale at $1 on Bandcamp. Fans should consider this as an alternative to the Patreon model. Maybe the artist gets more of the money?

I see most of the "physical" versus virtual (yes what we do is virtual) musicians pay their bills by teaching beginners for $30-80 per lesson. Does anyone sell their time teaching virtual music making methods? I think YouTube channels might be the right answer since the channel uses the same set of tools the music making needs.

@LinearLineman recently put up a lot of "albums" on band camp too. Let's see if we can pull him it to weigh in. I suspect the act of finish work is as important and any potential "clicks" on the buy buttons. Just getting listens validates the effort for the artist but everyone has bills... most work unrelated jobs.
    But I know many that teach kids in the traditional instructional lesson model but I think that model is evolving to a virtual approach using tools like Skype which cuts out the local music store as the meeting place for studio time. Bye-bye local music stores if that happens.

• Clarity! I always appreciate that. @McD, not sure what you are getting at. Certainly someone like Our Lady here could teach this stuff.... as for selling, I imagine she knows better than I that it is pretty impossible especially without playing dates. I do it for the love of it. That is all.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Certainly someone like Our Lady here could teach this stuff.... as for selling, I imagine she knows better than I that it is pretty impossible especially without playing dates. I do it for the love of it. That is all.

Teaching usually requires a parent willing to fund the investment so traditional instruments and band/orchestra programs are a component.

Paying gigs are few these days... DJ's seem to own the clubs (many here might service that market) and open mics abound. The economics don't seem to support anyone working playing clubs. I'm sure a talented few can books tours and hit the remaining venues that pay the artists and survive with product and merchandise sales.

• edited August 2019

@McD said:
    A good musician can find gold in the mud. This is a really fine track using some of the world's worst digital sound sources. That drum machine is so bad but the rest of the band just accepts a flawed drum track and kicks some major tuchas. The solo at the 2/3rds mark is just perfection in a funk strut.

I suspect having to fire up band camp made too many ignore this little gem of a track. Shame on you. Show the Lady some respect.

Thank you, @McD.

For some reason, this forum will no longer display/embed the bandcamp player. No matter what I try, it will only display the link. Don't know why. It used to work; now it doesn't.

But yes, it does seem, however, that this is possibly the least popular thing I've ever posted here. Maybe it's because of the lack of player thing? Maybe it's because it's a cover? Maybe because people are unfamiliar with the Meters original and thus don't appreciate the humor of doing it SID-style? Maybe it's because people tl;dr-bail on the tune before it gets to the good part halfway though.. :D Who knows?

Anyway, the bandcamp-player embed thing seems to be broken now on this forum. Best I can do .. I can post the cover art, if that makes it any more enticing?

Let me see you bust your best chicken dance, bee-otches! :p

• edited August 2019

Well, look at that! Now it player-thing-embed is working again!:

https://ladyapp-titude.bandcamp.com/track/siddy-strut

• @rs2000 said:
    Sweet!
    And good luck fighting the annoying creature :D

We have met the creature and he is us, @rs2000 .

• @at2 said:
    Ah the Meters ! Nice cover , you keep the funk lady!

Ha! YASSSS! Now we're feelin' it!

• That will improve the listen count for sure.

• @Lady_App_titude I’ve asked myself the same questions. Don’t think it’s the embed thing...other forces at play...

• @AndyPlankton said:
    @Lady_App_titude I’ve asked myself the same questions. Don’t think it’s the embed thing...other forces at play...

Dark forces. Code gremlins.

• edited August 2019

@AndyPlankton said:
    Nice ! I think you could make great sounding music with nothing but an old tattered arm chair and a rusty bicycle :)

Well, I've already got the rusty bicycle!

Yes, in addition to a distinguished career as an apptronica artist, influencer, philosophical curator, and urban farmer, the lady is an avid rusty Victorian-lady-cyclist. Behold, I give you "The Ladybug Express". (I was given the cyclist nickname "Ladybug" because someone said the red helmet I wear makes me look like a ladybug.), and whenever I think of that, I end up riding around with a lyric-altered version of the CSN tune "Marrakesh Express" going through me head. "Don't you know we're riding on the Ladybug Express..":

• Mmmm, not sure about judgements about listener appreciation rising or falling. It is a tech forum as the Illuminati say. Your stuff is always pretty welcomed.... maybe it’s the August heat. I suggest gender capitalization... just kidding!

• edited August 2019

I also seem to have acquired the cyclist alter ego, "Popcorn."

Backstory: One time I was riding by some scary-ish teenagers in the tennis courts and this young bro starts yelling, "Yo, Popcorn!" "Come on, Popcorn! Popcorn!" Naturally, any Victorian lady cyclist of breeding knows to ignore the ravings of such highwaymen, but it later dawned on me.. He was actually saying "Pop one! Pop one!" In other words, this young fellow was enjoining me to, in the parlance, "pop a wheelie." "Pop one," as it were. A skill which I have, alas, yet to master, but the nickname "Popcorn" stuck.

So, you can call me Lady App-titude, Ladybug, or Popcorn, depending on the context or the subtext. Or even Babz or Barbara. But whatever you do, never call me "Barb."

• @LinearLineman said:
    I suggest gender capitalization... just kidding!

Yer killin' me, LL. :D

• Glad to help, Babz.

• edited August 2019

@rs2000 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Don't ask her to, I bet she would :D

Tread lightly, my darling rs. I actually do have a sketch of a tune about a cyclist in the vaults that could be availed upon.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Well, I've already got the rusty bicycle!

Yes, in addition to a distinguished career as an apptronica artist, influencer, philosophical curator, and urban farmer, the lady is an avid rusty Victorian-lady-cyclist. Behold, I give you "The Ladybug Express". (I was given the cyclist nickname "Ladybug" because someone said the red helmet I wear makes me look like a ladybug.), and whenever I think of that, I end up riding around with a lyric-altered version of the CSN tune "Marrakesh Express" going through me head. "Don't you know we're riding on the Ladybug Express..":

Well that is a lovely looking steed, mine alas is no more, and no pics, I was also known locally for my bike, but because I rarely held onto the handles...times long gone, I’d die if I rode it like that on todays roads. I was so proud of the cow horns !

• edited August 2019

@McD said:
    I'd like to see if this thread can sustain a conversation around monetizing art as a way to pay the bills.

@Lady_App_titude has 3 tunes up for sale at $1 on Bandcamp. Fans should consider this as an alternative to the Patreon model. Maybe the artist gets more of the money?

Thanks so much for your support, McD!

Not really interested in turning this into a thread about monetization and the state of the music business, except to say that the amount of hours that are required for this kind of work is unsustainable, and any support that helps keep the Lady App music machine alive helps a lot — even a dollar makes a difference!

It’s well known how hard it is to get the public to pay for music anymore. Ha! I heard some guys on YouTube recently pleading: “Come on! It’s only a dollar! That’s less than a bag of Cheetos! Isn’t good music worth as much as a bag of Cheetos?”

If I could, I’d give everyone a free bag of Cheetos with download. All I can offer is the best music I can possibly produce given the time that I have!

• Great cover track and artwork.
    Did you do the artwork on your iPad, if so with what app?

• That was 🔥

• edited August 2019

@R_2 said:
    Great cover track and artwork.
    Did you do the artwork on your iPad, if so with what app?

Thanks, @R_2 ! Yes, I do all my own cover art. Sometimes I do use an occasional iPad app to process an image, but mostly I use Photoshop (desktop).

• Love the original. Love this treatment of the tune. Alien, robot, robot, robot. Heck yeah. Great soloing on the keys. Is that you playin?

• @ecamburn said:
    Love the original. Love this treatment of the tune. Alien, robot, robot, robot. Heck yeah. Great soloing on the keys. Is that you playin?

Ha! Thanx ecamburn! Yes, for whatever reason, I just felt that song needed the chiptune treatment. First time I've ever done a cover. Plus, 3 new Gadgets came out right in the middle of when I was working on it, so of course I had to work them into it. I believe I used a sound from the new "Ebina" gadget for that synth solo -- which was exactly the kind of sound I needed! Awesome kinda 8-bit growl.

Come on, let's see you bust out your best chicken and alien robot dance moves!

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

@Lady_App_titude said:
    So, you can call me Lady App-titude, Ladybug, or Popcorn, depending on the context or the subtext. Or even Babz or Barbara. But whatever you do, never call me "Barb."

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that “Barbie” is right out, eh?

Great track, as always!