Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Patterning 2 Quick Tip

Route midi into Patterning from Rozetta (or other drum apps or midi) and record it into Patterning.

Then route midi out of Patterning (or keep it inside with its great kits) and ratchet, auto-rotate, control velocity and probability and otherwise mod away.

Comments

• LIKE!

Wanna try this edit:

Route midi into Patterning from Rozetta (or other drum apps or midi) and record it into Patterning across several patterns

And then use rozetta (or similar) to change Patterning patterns.

• @syrupcore said:
    LIKE!

Wanna try this edit:

Route midi into Patterning from Rozetta (or other drum apps or midi) and record it into Patterning across several patterns

How does that work?
    I get you can record several Rozetta patterns into Patterning across several Patterning patterns ( 🤪)

How or why would you use Rozetta to change Patterning's patterns when you can chain them in Patterning?

I feel like I'm missing something you're trying to tell me.

• Is this tip for Patterning 2?

I can’t see how to record Midi in Patterning, just finding Midi learn and Midi Out.

• @CracklePot said:
    Is this tip for Patterning 2?

I can’t see how to record Midi in Patterning, just finding Midi learn and Midi Out.

I checked. Yes just Patterning 2. I changed the post title. Sorry @CracklePot

• @audiblevideo said:

@CracklePot said:
    Is this tip for Patterning 2?

I checked. Yes just Patterning 2. I changed the post title. Sorry @CracklePot

No worries.
    Great tip, also.
    :)

• this sounds like a delicious receipe :)
    any chance of an AUM map for this monkey pawed midiot ?

• Hmm, can't seem to get any midi notes routed into and recorded by patterning 2. Not sure where I'm going wrong. Tried 3 apps and various routings...

• edited August 2019

@simonnowis said:
    this sounds like a delicious receipe :)
    any chance of an AUM map for this monkey pawed midiot ?

Patterning 2:
    Go to MIDI on the pattern page. Make sure the MIDI channels channel 10 - default for most drums

• each kit and drum voice “has” to be set. They default to channel 1

For Rozeta:
    Make sure the channel is set to 10

In AUM:
    In the reverse S icon (top right) route the generator to Patterning 2
    Switch to Patterning after pressing play

Got to the Record page or the Pattern page in Patterning
    Press record.

• :)) thank you very much for this :)) i'll give it a go ... it was in the getting things into patterning 2 that i was failing :)

• sadly no success - i have been unable to get any midi into patterning?

the rozeta rhythm happily plays the ruismaker

any ideas where i am going wrong?

• i'm new to patterning2, so forgive me if this was obvious ...

i needed to also set this ....

things are moving now, time to play :)) thanks again

• @audiblevideo said:

@syrupcore said:
    LIKE!

Wanna try this edit:

How does that work?
    I get you can record several Rozetta patterns into Patterning across several Patterning patterns ( 🤪)

How or why would you use Rozetta to change Patterning's patterns when you can chain them in Patterning?

I feel like I'm missing something you're trying to tell me.

Oh, was just thinking/dreaming aloud. The idea: you can assign midi notes or CCs to patterns. If you're looking to arrange a song intentionally, P2s chain mode is plenty. If you wanted to get some Sector/Glitch Breaks style beat madness going, you could point something like rozeta collider at P2 to change patterns semi-randomly.

I'm not sure if p2 will change patterns immediately or wait until the next downbeat. If the latter, this wouldn't really work.