Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BarbaXDrums - E-Drum Virtual Extension - New Drum App

BarbaXDrums is a virtual extension for your E-Drum and more...

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1475341878

"When I tested different drum kits, I often forgot the time because it was so much fun to play along with my favorite drumless songs and often I had tears of happiness in my eyes ..." - Founder of BarbaXDrums

Connect your E-Drum or any other MIDI device with your iPhone/iPad, put your headphones on and start instantly enjoying sound of acoustic and electronic sounds. (MIDI adapter required for connection! For example iRig pro) You can load and play on board presets or use them as a starting point to create your own. Change instruments with a variety of different effects (compressor, equaliser, tuner, delay...) and save them as your favourite preset. Save as many presets as you wish. BarbaXDrums has no preset limitation.

FEATURES:

• 20+ Drum presets on board, to get you started!

• Over 150 multi-layer and one-shot instruments

• Samples in 24 bit and 44.1 kHz

• Combine up to 21 individual drum sounds per drum set!

• Create and save your sets. Number of user presets is NOT limited!

• Audiobus 3 & Inter-app Audio (IAA)

• MIDI IN (control with e-Drum, MIDI keyboard, other controller or Audiobus/ IAA)

• MIDI LEARN function for fast mapping/connecting your MIDI hardware

• Connect two instruments and play them with one pad (MIDI) as a “sub instrument”

• Up to 3-zone cymbals with choke function are supported!

• On board audio recorder

• Choose from 5 different audio formats for recording and exporting

• Share function. You can share your recordings instantly

• Every instrument has several effects for different sound creations:

• Compressor

• 4 Equalisers:

Low End: 20-250 Hz

Lower Midrange: 250-1000 Hz

Upper Midrange: 1-8 kHz

High End: 8-20 kHz

• Panorama

• Tuner/Pitcher

• Different reverbs/hall

• Chorus

• Delay

• Background mode, lets you play along with other apps or drumless songs from the internet

We would love to hear your music made with BarbaXDrums! Email us your music (also in case if you find any bugs): [email protected]

More information on our website: https://www.barbaxdrums.com

Comments

• I wonder if anyone will pay that price for a non-AUV3 app now that IAA has been deprecated. If not for that, I may have bought it.

• @motmeister said:
    I wonder if anyone will pay that price for a non-AUV3 app now that IAA has been deprecated. If not for that, I may have bought it.

Same for me I don’t buy anything non auv3 compatible.

• I appreciate the dev putting so much effort into the app, being around just over 900mb, but just under 30 euros for a drum app.. It’s a bit ouchy... A little to much in price mate.. Probably it may get AU eventually, but still... Bit much for an app that plays drum sounds, considering how many, & what is available now.. Don’t mean to poo, poo it.. :D

• @motmeister said:
    I wonder if anyone will pay that price for a non-AUV3 app now that IAA has been deprecated. If not for that, I may have bought it.

Not too concerned about AUv3 for my use case. I see this more of a jamming tool to augment the sounds built into my e-Kit with more tweak-ability than anything else on iOS. The sounds would need to be out of this world for me to bite at the current price! But I’d definitely pick it up on sale regardless.

• No single outs??

• I'd be interested to see how this works with different makes of e-kit and speficially the hi-hat controller. The Alesis DM touch app didn't work well with my Roland pads, and I couldn't get the hi-hat open-close and in-between to work successfully. I have a DM Dock sitting unused, so I'd love to find an iPad app to revive it!

• Need to try it before I buy it - some kind of demo mode.. like Midi Guitar 2.. as @Oblique mentioned, the hi-hat controller is the hardest part to get right.. I would love to have an E-drum specific app for my Roland TD-8 kit.. plug & play.. + presets for different hardware kits already built-in. Unfortunately - I think BarbaXDrums, the way it is right now (including the price), is going to be a hard sell..

• Anyone compare it to Drum Perfect Pro? I have a Yamaha electronic drum kit and since its MIDI-out is different from GM and Roland (& Alesis i think) i wonder if it can handle it without having to relearn the triggers every time (it does say it supports it).

Oh, also wonder if it allows to import samples as opposed to being forced to buy some IAP crap.

• Update + price has dropped to $13.99.
    More videos have been added on the Tube as well.

• @thumbslapper said:
    Anyone compare it to Drum Perfect Pro? I have a Yamaha electronic drum kit and since its MIDI-out is different from GM and Roland (& Alesis i think) i wonder if it can handle it without having to relearn the triggers every time (it does say it supports it).

Oh, also wonder if it allows to import samples as opposed to being forced to buy some IAP crap.

I don’t have DDP but the samples have a nice crispness to them and each kit piece can be further tweaked with eq/effects.

Interesting that your module doesn’t model confirm to the GM standard. My Yamaha DTX 502 plays nicely with apps such as BeatHawk, GarageBand and DrumJam so no remapping required. If your module has a ‘GM Kit’ preset perhaps you could try that? In any event, BarbaXDrums supports midi learn so you can set up your kit and save it as a user preset. Interestingly BarbaXDrums doesn’t recall the last kit played and reverts to a ‘blank’ kit on launch which is a minor inconvenience.

No sample import that I can see.

I love the concept of this app but it needs some polishing to compete with big boys. I’ll be sending my thoughts to the developer shortly.

• Looks like it’s on sale for $.99 right now

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    Looks like it’s on sale for $.99 right now

Awesome, thank you very much! :)
    Since it will be updated to AUv3 (He's working on it) everyone should grab it.

Where/How did you find out about the price drop?
    appsliced and iosnoops doesn't mention this.

• @Treaszure said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

This is great news as I find it crashes constantly in its current IAA format.

• @Treaszure said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

How do you know the same app will be AUv3 some time?
    No mention on his web site nor on the Appstore.

• @rs2000 said:

@Treaszure said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

He replied on some YouTube comments that he will start look at auv3 thing when he’ll have time. So nothing sure but for 0.99 it is a must buy app.

• @rs2000 said:

@Treaszure said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

I wrote to Eduard about AUv3, he replied November 17th:
    _
    Yes, I'm working on it.
    But I can’t tell you exactly how long does it take...
    I give my best!

Regards
    Eduard _

• So is it basically a massive and nicely tuned triggerable via midi or edrums sample set?

My niece is just getting into her set and might be good for her but might also be fun for me as a soundtrack dabbler...

• @Treaszure said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

No problem! Someone on Facebook actually posted that it was on sale and I saw that no one had mentioned it on here yet

• Just got it as it seemed way to good to pass up, some nice sounds but it seems to max out on cpu controlling it from Rozeta xox in AUM on iPad Pro mk1...

• Wow pretty good sounding for .99 cents! Thanks for the link!😌☝️❤️

• Yeah with Xox driving it in GM mode hovering around 60% cpu but still useable! Very pleased with the sample sounds though. Going to try with other apps. Still a great deal for the .99 cents.🥁

@Krupa said:
    Just got it as it seemed way to good to pass up, some nice sounds but it seems to max out on cpu controlling it from Rozeta xox in AUM on iPad Pro mk1...

• @Krupa said:
    So is it basically a massive and nicely tuned triggerable via midi or edrums sample set?

My niece is just getting into her set and might be good for her but might also be fun for me as a soundtrack dabbler...

Seems to be designed with e-drummers in mind that need tweak-ability of individual kit elements. But there’s nothing to say you can’t play it with a pad controller / keys or feed it midi. I’m not surprised it’s cpu intensive as it’s pretty deep and most e-drummers would use it standalone for practice. A definite buy at the current sale price.

• I wish there was a way to access the samples though to use them with other apps thatvare more cpu efficient.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    I wish there was a way to access the samples though to use them with other apps thatvare more cpu efficient.

I’ll throw an app into AUM when I can’t access the samples and then just record some output for a little bit and chop it up afterwards and maybe tweak them a bit

• Yeah! Thanks forgot about doing that.😌

@JackDwyerburger said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    I wish there was a way to access the samples though to use them with other apps thatvare more cpu efficient.

I’ll throw an app into AUM when I can’t access the samples and then just record some output for a little bit and chop it up afterwards and maybe tweak them a bit

• I don’t have it but I imagine that synthjacker thing would be the ideal to do that ...

• Thanks Krupa, but I thought it was mostly for synths. I will look into how to set it up for this task.

@Krupa said:
    I don’t have it but I imagine that synthjacker thing would be the ideal to do that ...

• Hello guys, thank you for your great feedback!!! Please support BarbaXDrums and write some feedback on the AppStore. That will help me to get more time and make it constantly better... THANK YOU!!!

• Will do! The sounds are amazing but i wonder if you might be able to tweak the app so that it doesn’t consume too much cpu. Main reason I’m trying to sample my favorite sounds so i can use them with Another drum machine. Thanks for your great work and for the special intro price!❤️☝️😌🙏

@Eddyfar said:
    Hello guys, thank you for your great feedback!!! Please support BarbaXDrums and write some feedback on the AppStore. That will help me to get more time and make it constantly better... THANK YOU!!!