Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why do some ABF threads get deleted?

Comments

• Which threads are you referring to?

• I’m wondering this as well? I haven’t seen anything bad enough to be nuked completely... but alas...

• I was just talking about this with a friend this morning...

If anyone's interested, here's what I said

• And I think another one recently where a poster was called on racism.

• i was wanting to know what is the meaning of the name pagefall... i went to sleep... i woke up... i see in my notification that pagefall replied... but when i opened the link... comment not found. i said whoa... censorship... i wonder who "communisted" the thread?

• @tk32 said:
    I was just talking about this with a friend this morning...

If anyone's interested, here's what I said

Actually threads reporting bugs and 'whining about features' as you put it is more important than rants about marketing and then it being taken out of context into sexism and politics. Maybe look at putting such rants into the correct categories.

I glad that stuff was deleted.

• For the record, I did not delete it. However, the OP did suggest deletion and since I am pro choice suicide
    (in most cases) I support the decision. IMO a decent forum member was inappropriately trounced and he wished not to see that unfairness perpetuated. I think that is probably the reason the thread was deleted and not just closed. It was a good discussion, but I think, in this case, a member’s feelings were more important.

Disregard: sometimes the forest is indeed lost for the trees. We might rant and rail against some injustice and not see that another type of injustice is being done unwittingly.. I have hurt feelings and had my feelings hurt. No matter what the rationale it still hurts. We all know that, but we don’t always remember.

• edited August 2019

Trouble is, now nobody gets to see the brilliant response @ExAsperis99 and others made.

There was nothing outright misogynistic or offensive in the thread, and the users themselves did a great job of posting anti-sexist rebuttals that made many of us pause in our tracks (including myself) to think how guilty we each might be of harboring sub-conscious and/or old-fashioned sexist views towards women in certain professional roles.

This forum is mostly filled with intelligent and conscientious users who do a pretty good job of policing themselves.

I think it was a really bad call to delete the thread. But anyone is welcome to disagree and tell me I'm wrong.

• @tk32, I respectfully think you are incorrect. Any “ism” can be characterized as wrong (a truism!) and worthy of discussion, but not at the cost of a respected forum member. I support a caring for a real life human being, in a forum discussion, over generalities about an issue that won't In any way be resolved here. I, too, thought posts like @ExAsperis99 ‘s were on target, but sexism ain’t going away. Whereas the OP might. I don't think that is righteous or nice.

• I tend to agree that the post should have remained ‘up’, but I’m also concerned not to upset someone. I thought the Abigail post was unnecessary and said so (iirc!), but I’m also sure the OP didn’t mean any harm. We are all human - all too human - and I wouldn’t want to see a person castigated unnecessarily. That said, the thread seemed fine the last time I looked at it, and there didn’t seem to be any reason for concern. Maybe there was cause for concern after I’d read it, but i don’t recall anything myself. Another thing I would say, though, is that I’m much happier when I visit this wonderful place and all the talk is about music rather than peripheral stuff. There’s a balance to be struck, of course, but I don’t know where that line is with respect to this forum, other than to say, ‘no offensive stuff’. Of course, this covers the usual stuff - racism, sexism, etc. - but there’s all sorts of other stuff that might upset one person but not another. I would, though, tend toward a liberal stance on the matter. In a nutshell, live and let live, unless there are very clear grounds for offence.

• @audio_DT. A very fair and balanced response. And even handed with regard to including all issues in moderation.👍🏻

• Thanks for removing that thread, who would like to google their name and find that one. Hopefully the women in question didn't read some of the comments on there!

• Pagefall name was the title of a poem that @pagefall had written previously @Suboidua
    There were some good responses but some depressing ones in there also.
    This is one of the last safe havens of the internet and hopefully that won't change!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @audio_DT. A very fair and balanced response. And even handed with regard to including all issues in moderation.👍🏻

Thanks 👍

• Personally, I’m disappointed threads are getting deleted. I understand the need to mask content in extreme circumstances such as where personal information is exposed etc. but deleting the whole thread seems really heavy handed to me. It takes away public voice on the forum which I don’t agree with. There have been many disagreements on ABF. To have them all deleted would give a sanitized view of the forum that was not reflective of what this online community actually represents.

I will acknowledge that good forum moderating is a hard job and I appreciate the work. I am just giving my personal opinion on this matter.

Thanks!

• edited August 2019

Ihave no idea who is Abigail Macfarlane and what she did ( and i haven't time nor will to google it) - but in general - Although i don't like deleting threads - sometimes it is necessary. If it avoids lot beople being pissed of even during reading it (and double pissed off if thread is already locked, so they cannot express how they are pissed of), then it's probably good choice to wipe it.

Forum discussion is different from real world discussion that there is missing that "oblivion" factor - in real life even if two people told bad things to each other, time will in many cases heal it - they will forget that bad emotion and they can again communicate together ..

At forums, it is written. It is there, saved, and anybody can return to it, read it, and start negative emotion again, even after years. So deleting is sometimes good, it makes possible negative vibe fade to oblivion ...

Forgiving and forgetting is the way how can people with various language, social, economic and cultural background coexists together in relative peace.

• @dendy I noticed one of Win Conway’s threads got deleted on the NS2 forum as well. Win made some really great technical points in that thread that in my view should not have been deleted from public view.

Maybe this thread will be deleted also and no one will ever know that I chose to share a public opinion on this matter... 😉

• edited August 2019

@gusgranite said:
    Personally, I’m disappointed threads are getting deleted. I understand the need to mask content in extreme circumstances such as where personal information is exposed etc. but deleting the whole thread seems really heavy handed to me. It takes away public voice on the forum which I don’t agree with. There have been many disagreements on ABF. To have them all deleted would give a sanitized view of the forum that was not reflective of what this online community actually represents.

I will acknowledge that good forum moderating is a hard job and I appreciate the work. I am just giving my personal opinion on this matter.

Thanks!

+100 The only legimate reason I can think of so fast is to delete threads is when people start doxing. Deleting threads equals censorship. If people start calling names over and over again in a thread just close it.

• Good discussion also in thread, and easy to see those wanting fight. Gets like Facebook when quote is used as excuse to shut down all. :'(

• A question was asked, it was answered politely, toxicity remained, victim card was played, thread was deleted by request of OP who felt violated.

Glad I can recommend this great community to people (plenty of women using iOS out there) from Reddit/Facebook/Twitter again

• edited August 2019

The right to delete posts, either of your own or other people's, and therefore re-write history, is a murky one.

There are things I've posted in the distant past that I am embarrassed about now, but this is not a bad thing. It serves as a constant reminder for me to try to be more kind and understanding of others, and remember my perspective is not the only one.

Accepting that it's not always possible to retract statements really helps with this, because occasionally it reminds me —in moments of frustration or anger—that every post I make online could be visible for decades or longer.

Our mantra should therefore be.. "post online assuming that your words are immovably etched in stone."

Having said all this... I still thank my lucky stars for the forum's bacon-saving Edit mode :D

• @BlueGreenSpiral the irony is that, in these most recent cases, it appears to be the countering of sexism and racism that has caused the threads to be deleted.

• edited August 2019

@gusgranite said:
    @dendy I noticed one of Win Conway’s threads got deleted on the NS2 forum as well. Win made some really great technical points in that thread that in my view should not have been deleted from public view.

Maybe this thread will be deleted also and no one will ever know that I chose to share a public opinion on this matter... 😉

On his request and i was trying really hard to convice him to stay and to not delete all hist posts (because i totally agree with what you wrote). I wanted to publish some statement about that to avoid speculations but he didn't wanted so i accepted it. I also wrote him that anytime he decides to return he is welcome from my side (which is totally true)

There is other fact which maybe not everybody is aware - at least in EU based on GDPR law, if user asks deleting all his posts, forum owner must do it.

• edited August 2019

@tk32 said:
    The right to delete posts, either of your own or other people's, and therefore re-write history, is a murky one.

There are things I've posted in the distant past that I am embarrassed about now, but this is not a bad thing. It serves as a constant reminder for me to try to be more kind and understanding of others, and remember my perspective is not the only one.

Accepting that it's not always possible to retract statements really helps with this, because occasionally it reminds me —in moments of frustration or anger—that every post I make online could be visible for decades or longer.

Our mantra should therefore be.. "post online assuming that your words are immovably etched in stone."

Agree this is an adult forum, not a kindergarden. And if those adults want to act as childern fine, but they still should be treated like adults. So fully responsable for their posts.

• @dendy said:

@gusgranite said:
    @dendy I noticed one of Win Conway’s threads got deleted on the NS2 forum as well. Win made some really great technical points in that thread that in my view should not have been deleted from public view.

On his request and i was trying really hard to convice him to stay and to not delete all hist posts (because i totally agree with what you wrote). I wanted to publish some statement about that to avoid speculations but he didn't wanted so i accepted it. I also wrote him that anytime he decides to return he is welcome from my side (which is totally true)

There is other fact which maybe not everybody is aware - at least in EU based on GDPR law, if user asks deleting all his posts, forum owner must do it.

My apologies, I did not realize he requested it... Thanks for clarifying.

• No problem ;)

• edited August 2019

I don't often find these matters vexatious but when I do I like to listen to a rabbit chewing watermelon. I find it calms me down some.

• @dendy , he did ask, as you imply. Good to know he was within his rights... at least in the EU. As a moderator I did delete one thread at the request of a member for what I considered very valid reasons ( it was not controversial). Really have not been aware of major thread deletions, however. I did flag the OPs last post and asked for @Michael to weigh in. I guess he did.

There is certainly more than enough reason to believe the OP meant no harm. So maybe we should just continue the discussion without his involvement if people feel they want to express themselves. And also, maybe the dev and his partner would wish this discussion to be forgotten, although he was very forthcoming and helpful about it. So many questions! I am a strong advocate for freedom of speech. I am glad I did not have to be the Solomon on this one.

• edited August 2019

It sounds like the ability to delete a users posts on request rather than the whole thread is the compromise then?