Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mastering secret (Don’t tell anybody)

edited August 2019 in General App Discussion

Feed your mix into “Barkfilter”.

Select the preset “Tripleband”.

Switch on the limiter (on the right hand side of the unit).

Magic!!!

Adjust input level if necessary.

If you tried it, how did it sound?
  1. Results ?55 votes
    1. All tracks sound good
      32.73%
    2. Some tracks good, some bad.
      50.91%
    3. All tracks sound bad
      16.36%

Comments

• Seriously. Try it. You will be surprised.

• edited August 2019

I believe it. I’ve been using barkfilter for mastering myself, I mean how can you beat up to 16 bands of compression and filters ? I’ve been tweaking manually though. Will definitely give this a shot later on, thanks for the tip.

• I would have to agree, that actually the preset I always end up using when I put it on a track

• Yes. Does do things even to these cloth ears.

• Holy Moses! I used to not believe in music magic, but this is some kind of crazy alchemy. Only tried it on one track so far, but I was blown away. Thanks for the tip!

• It's only 6.99....
    Never heard of it before, but this report is a bold claim that I want to trust!

• @jolico said:
    Feed your mix into “Barkfilter”.

Select the preset “Tripleband”.

Switch on the limiter (on the right hand side of the unit).

Magic!!!

Adjust input level if necessary.

Omg that my favorite combo .. I love triple band preset !

• What about the poll results..
    "makes everything sound bad"

• @reasOne said:
    What about the poll results..
    "makes everything sound bad"

These are opinions of each voter and only 5 people voted so far.

• edited August 2019

Okay, post some 'before/after' audio so we can hear the magic...

• Seriously?

Fine. Here you go.

Please don’t ask me to hold your device for you while you watch the video.

• @jolico said:
    Seriously?

Fine. Here you go.

Sounds good - but what does it offer that, say, Fac Maxima doesn’t?

• FAC Bandit.

• @audio_DT said:

@jolico said:
    Seriously?

Fine. Here you go.

Bark Filter is cheaper :)

• @greengrocer said:

@audio_DT said:

@jolico said:
    Seriously?

Fine. Here you go.

Bark Filter is cheaper :)

True, but only by £2. I’d rather have Maxima, I think, but maybe I’ll try Bark Filter at some point. Decisions, decisions...

• Is this preset just utilizing 3 bands? If so, PressIt (Klevgrand) is also 3 band compressor with a limiter.

• @bcrichards said:
    Is this preset just utilizing 3 bands? If so, PressIt (Klevgrand) is also 3 band compressor with a limiter.

Pressit is not available on iPhone :(

• Sounds like multiband compressor like FAC Bandit, which is fab on drums. I've been putting FAC Maxima at the end of my master chain, but will give this a shot. I have it already but not using it. Classic appaholism.

• @auxmux said:
    Sounds like multiband compressor like FAC Bandit, which is fab on drums. I've been putting FAC Maxima at the end of my master chain, but will give this a shot. I have it already but not using it. Classic appaholism.

Bark Filter can do up to 27 bands separately, but there’s something about this preset “Tripleband”.
    Even mastered material sounds better through this thing.

• edited August 2019

@jolico This really does sound epic, good call, so good in fact that I may well make a Live Stream with Bark Filter and definitely point this out and of course give you a big shout out for pointing this out😎👍🎭

• edited August 2019

@jolico said:
    Seriously?

Fine. Here you go.

Ah fantastic, much easier for people who don't have the app to understand what you mean... Well done 👍

• @jolico said:

@bcrichards said:
    Is this preset just utilizing 3 bands? If so, PressIt (Klevgrand) is also 3 band compressor with a limiter.

Pressit is not available on iPhone :(

It only took me the morning to cave and buy the app. It does sound great without any tweaking.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @jolico This really does epic, good call, so good in fact that I may well male a Live Stream with Bark Filter and definitely point this out and of course give you a big shout out for pointing this out😎👍🎭

• Finally tried it out. Very impressed. The hype is real. We may have overlooked a powerful weapon in barkfilter. Some kind of magic

• So my understanding of this app is that it compresses different frequencies to accommodate the human ear rather than some static algorithm. Kind of a pseudo Eq. And we’re saying that the Tripleband preset is great even compared to Grand Finale or Fabfilter L2 and other Mastering type apps? The sound (and simplicity) is all that matters to me. Has anybody compared a track processed thru Tripleband to other apps? It might be fun to check out some comparisons, even though we know Mastered sounds are subjective...

• @NoiseHorse I got good results putting it just before Fabfilter L2 in my effects chain in Auria. I needed to tweak the gain for both effects to get optimal sounding output. Barkbite doesn't replace L2, but is a great complement to it (just as Ozone has both a multi-band compressor and a loudness maximizer).

• Wow ! What kind of sorcery is this ?! True wtf moment...

• Brilliant. Just tried and made a simple new preset buy dividing the midrange right in the middle to be able to adjust the ratio of the lower mids a bit, which I feel is necessary in some of my tracks... works great.

• @peanut_gallery said:
    @NoiseHorse I got good results putting it just before Fabfilter L2 in my effects chain in Auria. I needed to tweak the gain for both effects to get optimal sounding output. Barkbite doesn't replace L2, but is a great complement to it (just as Ozone has both a multi-band compressor and a loudness maximizer).

Thanks for clearing that up for me!!!

• I've not listened on a full speaker system yet, but I am also getting nice results by putting some light saturation and subtle bass boosting before hand. Worked well with both REAMP and GotoEQ from Klevgrand. I'll second that a limiter at the end of the chain can enhance further.