Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elliott Garage apps are getting updated to AU

12345679»

Comments

• edited August 2019

@realdawei said:

@ElliottGarage said:

@gsm909 said:
    @ElliottGarage , any eta on this project yet ?

Hope to start the test phase in 1-2 weeks and then it everything's ok to release it anytime during the first 2 weeks of September

Can samples be tuned? panned?

Sure, pitch, pan ,volume and saturation/gain already on...other specs will be revealed soon :)

• @ElliottGarage said:

@realdawei said:

@ElliottGarage said:

@gsm909 said:

Hope to start the test phase in 1-2 weeks and then it everything's ok to release it anytime during the first 2 weeks of September

Sure, pitch, pan ,volume and saturation/gain already on...other specs will be revealed soon :)

Are LP & HP Filter, Reverse On/Off, Loop On/Off, Loop Length, SampleStart Offset part of the parameters? :D

• edited August 2019

@realdawei said:

@ElliottGarage said:

@gsm909 said:

Also curious if there will be sample offset for start time, and choke groups?

• @bcrichards said:

@realdawei said:

@ElliottGarage said:

@gsm909 said:

Also curious if there will be sample offset for start time, and choke groups?

Choke groups already onboard...

• Sweet to the above answers
    My money is waiting
    Don't let samu slow down the release date
    Once it's out , you can add the 101 things he will be requesting...
    ( Certainly not knocking you samu, but we want it out asap)

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Sweet to the above answers
    My money is waiting

This +100 😂

• @Nicebutfun said:
    My money is waiting

LOL, no worries here.
    I just spilling my guts on features many of us here look for :D

I think the biggest challenge is to find use-case scenarios for the features and those I've already figured out before I even mention the features :)

• @Nicebutfun said:
    My money is waiting

That's exactly what I planned...release the app and collect user requests for an update.
    Also I'm thinking to release two differnt version for iPhone and iPad, giving priority to the iPad one (and also the iPhone version will be cheaper)...I'm not sure anyway

• @Samu said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    My money is waiting

LOL, no worries here.
    I just spilling my guts on features many of us here look for only I understand :D

Fixed that for you!
    :)

• edited August 2019

This has probably been asked already, but this is a long thread...

Are the drum machines emulations, or sample based?

And any feedback on which ones to get from existing owners?

• @ElliottGarage said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    My money is waiting

That's exactly what I planned...release the app and collect user requests for an update.
    Also I'm thinking to release two differnt version for iPhone and iPad, giving priority to the iPad one (and also the iPhone version will be cheaper)...I'm not sure anyway

Based on what you’ve listed so far it seems to me this product needs a cooler name than “Drummer”

• @ElliottGarage said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    My money is waiting

Please don't do separate versions. Or at least, have the expensive one universal (eventually - definitely release "iPad only" first to get it out!)

It's saddens me SO MUCH when I can't use both iPhone and iPad on the same AUM presets.

I will definitely pay a premium for universal, but I would not buy same app (or IAPs) twice.

• @Peblin said:

@ElliottGarage said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    My money is waiting

Please don't do separate versions. Or at least, have the expensive one universal (eventually - definitely release "iPad only" first to get it out!)

It's saddens me SO MUCH when I can't use both iPhone and iPad on the same AUM presets.

I will definitely pay a premium for universal, but I would not buy same app (or IAPs) twice.

Even if I'll do 2 separate apps you could export and share presets

• I’d be interested on what the economics are, but I have strongly negative feelings for apps that charge for each device. Animoog for iphone, impc for iphone, electribe for iphone all feel like ripoffs to me, whether that’s logical or not.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I’d be interested on what the economics are, but I have strongly negative feelings for apps that charge for each device. Animoog for iphone, impc for iphone, electribe for iphone all feel like ripoffs to me, whether that’s logical or not.

Honestly all my other apps are universal, and to me is much easier to manage one single universal app (for update, App store etc etc).

I'm just wondering if doing a separate and cheaper iPhone can be more friendly to people that only have iPhone and not iPad.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Samu said:

@Nicebutfun said:
    My money is waiting

LOL, no worries here.
    I just spilling my guts on features many of us here look for only I understand :D

Fixed that for you!
    :)

I definitely don’t wanna get Dramboozled 👀 again.

• Song View and patterns reordered on the fly

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Song View and patterns reordered on the fly

😍

• edited August 2019

@ElliottGarage said:
    Song View and patterns reordered on the fly

That's looks really cool!

There is a feature that I would love to have in a drum machine like yours. But I don't know if it could be made to work.

I noticed there was already mention that EG Drummer will support user Samples.

I think it would be a great feature if there could be a way to Sample audio from another Synth App directly into the drum machine.

There is an App called "Koala Sampler" that has this capability. However, Koala is not a full featured Drum App like EG Drummer.

A Koala user can connect to another App using Audiobus. Set a Drum Pad to record, go to the sound source App, play the sound, and the sound will be recorded into the drum pad on Koala.

Koala Sampler
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/koala-sampler/id1449584007

What I think would be really, really, cool...
    Is if there could be a way to accomplish the same thing that Koala does, but do it in a way where the user does not have to leave the Drum Machine App to sample the sound from a different App.

One way, might be to add a single "trigger button" to the Drum App that will output a single midi note to the sound source App. There could be a midi output edit feature associated with the Trigger button, so the user could assign a particular note for the Midi output.

With a feature like this, someone could program a sound in some other App. Assign the midi trigger button in the Drum App send a midi note to the sound source App. Put the Drum Pad into record mode, and simply hit the trigger button to sample the sound into the Drum App. Then be able to save the sample in the Drum App.

I wonder if there is any way for an AUv3 App to input audio from another AUv3 App?

I know that AUv3 effects can obviously channel Audio... But what about an AUv3 App operating as a sound source, is there any way to sample audio coming from one AUv3 App into an AUv3 Drum App with sampling capabilities?

A different idea would be if a standalone version of an AUv3 App could host an AUv3 App only when operating in standalone mode? This way users could use the Drum App in standalone mode to easily load an AUv3 App. Then use that App to record samples directly into the Drum App.

The user might then be able to run the Drum App as an AUv3, and have their samples available that they made in the standalone App.

Maybe what is really needed, is a type of DAW that is designed to only work as a Drum machine, but using the composing design that is unique to a Drum machine?

• @horsetrainer thanks for your feedback. It seems really interesting but it's going over my idea of the app :)
    Maybe I'll develop a new app more sampling oriented in the future

• edited August 2019

@ElliottGarage said:
    @horsetrainer thanks for your feedback. It seems really interesting but it's going over my idea of the app :)
    Maybe I'll develop a new app more sampling oriented in the future

Thanks EG, I'm looking forward to your new App!
    I though about your App when I was using Koala to sample sounds I was creating using Ruismaker Noir.
    Then I thought.... Why can't there be a "full featured" drum composer that can capture sounds directly from other apps?
    Thanks again.... :)

• Pad colors ✅ MIDI learn ✅ GarageBand full view ✅ host sync ✅ Beta Test phase is near...

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Pad colors ✅ MIDI learn ✅ GarageBand full view ✅ host sync ✅ Beta Test phase is near...

Nice!! Did MIDI out into the host make the cut?

• If anyone happens to know: I’ve got Elliott’s EGDR808 running in AUM / iPad (pattern in the internal sequencer, 808 set to Host). Everything works fine until I try to record in which case I get silence. I suspect I’m missing an obvious(?)

• @Proppa said:
    If anyone happens to know: I’ve got Elliott’s EGDR808 running in AUM / iPad (pattern in the internal sequencer, 808 set to Host). Everything works fine until I try to record in which case I get silence. I suspect I’m missing an obvious(?)

I can confirm the same. For some reason the sequencer shuts off when I hit the record button, whether or not I have the track armed (i.e. I think it’s EGDR808 responding oddly to host transport signals). @ElliottGarage is this expected behavior?

It never occurred to me that an AU host would send a record signal to a hosted app.

• Thanks for confirming @mjm1138 and reminding me to try sequencing via Polybeat which is the solve here.

I often use Bram’s RuismakerNoir with its internal sequencer recording fine within AUM so assumed the EG apps might behave similarly.