Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Taming the Beast that is iVCS3 PART 2!!! - Daveypoo, The Mobile Music Minstrel

PART 2!

PART 2!

PART 2!

WOO-HOO!

Comments

• @Daveypoo said:
    PART 2!

PART 2!

PART 2!

WOO-HOO!

hurray, a new course... i was feeling peckish...
    i 🍕🥐s nomnomnom

• More food for your brain-hole!!!

• As ever...
    THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

• Oh man - you're so welcome. I'm glad everyone is enjoying these.

I thought I loved this app before hand, but it just gets better and better the deeper you go...

• Great video, again. Thank you very much.

• You're welcome!

• Nice video DP! Just watched it on the TV, really clear picture, very sharp.

Have you tried playing the iVCS3 polyphonically yet? that is something else..

• edited August 2019

@Jocphone I have - I've used Polythemus to accomplish this and it is a blast, but I didn't want to try to do too much in any of these videos. I have watched all the iVCS3 tutorials on YouTube and I feel like they all try to cover too much ground, so I wanted to ensure that these videos were all as short as my rambling incoherence could be. This way the info is digestible, and provides a starting point rather than a destination for those wanting to get a handle on this beast.

I definitely have lots of ideas for more videos here if this is a popular series.

But yes - this synth is so sonically rich that polyphonically it is just MASSIVE sounding. 3 or 4 instances running at the same time are huge.

There's an enormous untapped potential here that most folks don't dig into simply because getting iVCS3 to behave predictably can be a challenge - it certainly was for me for the longest time. I'm hoping that these videos make it a bit more accessible so folks can do more than just make 1960's space noises....

...and trust me - I LOVE me some space noises....

• @Daveypoo said:
    @Jocphone I have - I've used Polythemus to accomplish this and it is a blast, but I didn't want to try to do too much in any of these videos. I have watched all the iVCS3 tutorials on YouTube and I feel like they all try to cover too much ground, so I wanted to ensure that these videos were all as short as my rambling incoherence could be. This way the info is digestible, and provides a starting point rather than a destination for those wanting to get a handle on this beast.

I definitely have lots of ideas for more videos here if this is a popular series.

But yes - this synth is so sonically rich that polyphonically it is just MASSIVE sounding. 3 or 4 instances running at the same time are huge.

There's an enormous untapped potential here that most folks don't dig into simply because getting iVCS3 to behave predictably can be a challenge - it certainly was for me for the longest time. I'm hoping that these videos make it a bit more accessible so folks can do more than just make 1960's space noises....

...and trust me - I LOVE me some space noises....

Space noises?! You and me both.

Honestly I think you're pitching these videos perfectly. Really excellent to hear someone with genuine enthusiasm for the synth being explained. I might even overlook your pronunciation of trapeeeeeezoid :lol:

• What can I say - I speak American with a Californian dialect: the lamest of all accents in the English-speaking world.

• @Daveypoo said:
    What can I say - I speak American with a Californian dialect: the lamest of all accents in the English-speaking world.

No way, as a Southern American (Arkansas), nothing is worse than a midwestern dialect (here's lookin at you, St. Louis).

Good vid, I watched it when I had a few. I like the pace, it felt quick but natural. Plus, I never felt the usual anxiety/compulsion to skip ahead 10 seconds.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Good vid, I watched it when I had a few. I like the pace, it felt quick but natural. Plus, I never felt the usual anxiety/compulsion to skip ahead 10 seconds.

Perfect - that is the goal, as I have the same inclination.