Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A little video I made in Takete. Music all iOS.

Comments

• Cool tune; I dig it.

The video fits the mood of the music quite well, too. I kept seeing things in the visuals, like Jesus in toast:

• @rottencat said:

Really nice job
    Love to hear about the apps used.

• Yes. More!

• App looks interesting but price is so high.... Hows the usability, workflow, stability, etc?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    App looks interesting but price is so high.... Hows the usability, workflow, stability, etc?

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    App looks interesting but price is so high.... Hows the usability, workflow, stability, etc?

😳
    You ain’t kidding about that price.
    (but there is a Lite version for free, at least)

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

It takes some time to work with and get set up but it’s pretty solid, I definitely had to read the manual though. I have had some crashes but I’m still on an Air 1 so I’m sure that’s part of it.

• I can't for the life of me figure out why the KRFT guys haven't hit the video/music creation market. They have covered most of the desired features so far between KRFT and that video creation app they were working on right after KRFT. They could undercut Takete big price tag and own the market.

• Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. The “Jesus in Toast” face is Cesare from “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.

If you’re a horror fan and you haven’t seen this phenomenal movie, well, I don’t like to tell people what they should do...

As far as apps used, I don’t really remember. I’m pretty sure the percussion is Ruismaker being sequenced by a randomized Rozeta XOX. The synth part sounds like Kauldron to me maybe sequenced by Autony and Ioniarics.

I forget what I paid for Takete. I know it was a lot. I confess that I doubt if I even know half the things it can do. But it was totally worth it to me. The free lite version may help to persuade you one way or the other.